Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, theunderstudy said:

Jonny Bairstow has cost us the Ashes. Don't think a single player has been more of a hindrance to us with the bat or the gloves

I'm 100% certain that with a proper keeper we'd be looking to go 3 nil up now. 

So so many dropped catches/missed opportunities.  All to accommodate his batting which has totally failed. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yss hate to say it but Brook is some player 

Really big innings for the lad to be playing a pivotal innings here. Hope we see him be key in the next test too now. So close now. Impressed Woakes is still there, seemed very keen to give it away early on but sensible stuff now

• Like 1

Just now, Rodders said:

Really big innings for the lad to be playing a pivotal innings here. Hope we see him be key in the next test too now. So close now. Impressed Woakes is still there, seemed very keen to give it away early on but sensible stuff now

Yes so impressed with the way he has batted today 

32 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

In his last 7 test matches he has four centuries. His real run of form was this time last year and he hasn’t played a test match since until this series. 

He wasn't keeping during that run last year was he? Be interested to see his total batting stats with/without keeping

His overall test avg is only 5 better than Foakes, but he'll be giving away more than Foakes with dropped catches.

Not sure how you'd fit both in though

****. Now we have to hope Mark Wood, Stuart Broad and Ollie Robinson have the nous, calmness or ability to see England home. **** lol

Turned radio off a while back, just looked at my phone and Brook and Woakes still there and we only need 27.

I mute the TV, turn on the radio...BROOK IS WALKING OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I am convinced I'm the jinx.

Yes, I have turned it off again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

****. Now we have to hope Mark Wood, Stuart Broad and Ollie Robinson have the nous, calmness or ability to see England home. **** lol

Or that Wood can wildly smash them for a six 😂

• Like 2

Â