Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

One point on England, I did think before the tournament their fate would be decided by how they tackle the big moments in the big games. This is where the exposure in the t20 leagues around the world can really help. I would suggest that next time they get an opportunity they shouldn't pull their guys from IPL play off stages!

In fairness we played our group matches at Edgbaston and the oval and Sri Lanka had played at Cardiff and the toss factor as well which seems to be crucial as sides batting second have been winning all the matches lately. India strolling this!

I reckon that could be the case in the final. So whoever bats second get on them. 

Edited by PaulC

Thought Bangladesh gave it a good go yesterday, they were unfortunate to have to bat first in the tricky overhead conditions.

Then Kohli and Sharma put on a masterclass which no bowling attack in the world could have dealt with.

Hopefully, it's the start of a permanent upturn in Bangladesh's fortunes.

Great atmosphere at Edgbaston yesterday too, better than Saturday for me.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Thought Bangladesh gave it a good go yesterday, they were unfortunate to have to bat first in the tricky overhead conditions.

Then Kohli and Sharma put on a masterclass which no bowling attack in the world could have dealt with.

Hopefully, it's the start of a permanent upturn in Bangladesh's fortunes.

Great atmosphere at Edgbaston yesterday too, better than Saturday for me.

They have improved but I am not sure they will ever compete with India and Pakistan. Pakistan do great considering they have no home matches and a weak domestic league. Still produce wonderfully exciting cricketers., 

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Big game for Worcester today. Anybody going? 

Roy back on form ... England were right to drop him but I wonder if he just needed one more game !!

big total for Worcs to chase .... come on Surrey 

Tbf not many teams can beat Surrey :)

we've not turned up for the past 2 finals we've made , fingers crossed we make it 3rd time lucky v Notts

i should say assuming we win today , stranger things have happened so it's not over yet 

Edited by tonyh29

Â