Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Unbelievable finish from Faulkner.

Bresnan shouldn't play for Eng again, not good enough. This whole trip has been a disaster, just plan for the future now, and give some guys you want in the side for the next 3 years a go.

For God's sake. 

Never liked Bresnan. Every part of his game is average, got a bit lucky with the start of his career with england and now it seems he's undroppable. Can't believe we threw that game away today, don't really know what cook was thinking bowling stokes at the end. Overs should've gone to bopara/jordan. Hope Rankin's alright as well, in his last over he was looking like something resembling the bowler he was at the back-end of the summer.

Bringing a game home from a position like that will always mean more than total runs or strike rate (well to me, anyway. Faulkner might prefer one of the other innings).

It's why Australians still revere Michael Bevan for the 4 off the last ball to beat the Windies on New Years day in 1996. He controlled the game from an almost certain loss to a glorious win.

Shame it's a dead rubber, but at last a win. Maybe a glimpse of the future with big performances from Buttler and Stokes. If we can take away their emergence from this disaster of a tour, at least maybe all will not be lost.

England hammered in the second game of the T20 and therefore lost the series.

The Telegraph are reporting that Flower is to stand down as England Test coach immediately.

Edited by Avfc96

England's nightmarish tour is finally over.

Can someone tell me how Jade Dernbach gets picked every game in T20s?

Ish? :huh:  :blink:

Well, I guess we did win 1 game ... :P

Agreed re. Jade Dernbach but then it could apply to one or two of 'em I guess - Luke Wright perhaps.

Whilst realising that cricket is a competitive game, I thought Dernbach's attitude to Cameron White was very poor - particularly as we had been thrashed. I think I would just have slunk away quietly and no less a figure than Jack Bannister thought the same - TalkSport or Radio 5  - can't remember.

What would Denis Compton have said !!

Â