Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

England need to bat at least to lunch tomorrow, this would put them around 100 behind, Australia then should attempt to blast a quick 150-200 and leave England a day to 4 sessions to survive for a draw. so today it's about building partnerships and occupying the crease for long periods and let the score take care of itself, so we go into tomorrow with at least 3 and hopefully 5 wickets left standing

I think it's time for Bairstow to be dropped. The fact that he still has not got a test century for England and has been playing for over a year suggest that he isn't good enough.

Not sure why the England set up love Jonny Bairstow so much, doesn't look a test player at all. If he can play test cricket then you may aswell select Jos Buttler also. Someone like James Taylor is much more deserving of a long run.

oh dear think were gonna be a hundred runs short and a session of were we needed to get to before being bowled out, batting line up is looking a little under par and our bowlers ( or maybe Australia's worse batting line up) has kept the spotlight off the fact all isn't rosy in the England batting line up.

Tremlett, Finn and Taylor for Bresnan, Broad and Bairstow at Durham.

Onions (on his home ground) rather than Finn, and I'd agree with that. 

Some great cricket on show today. Rain is going to have a big say tomorrow. Think we can take an England win out of the equation, but this one still isn't over yet. 

Tremlett, Finn and Taylor for Bresnan, Broad and Bairstow at Durham.

They will never drop Broad

They should do though, Broad is a very average bowler. But like Bairstow he is one of the selectors favorites. 

I think it's time for Bairstow to be dropped. The fact that he still has not got a test century for England and has been playing for over a year suggest that he isn't good enough.

Those five runs make all the difference, do they? :unsure:

I'm really not convinced that the way to react to England's failings (or are they more the good play of the opposition) is to be so ready to chop and change the side.

One of England's strengths in the last few years (plus) is that they tend not to do this much any more, thankfully.

Those five runs make all the difference, do they? :unsure:

I'm really not convinced that the way to react to England's failings (or are they more the good play of the opposition) is to be so ready to chop and change the side.

One of England's strengths in the last few years (plus) is that they tend not to do this much any more, thankfully.

But this isn't like saying Trott should be dropped because he has not performed this series, Bairstow has a test average in the low 30's and has had more than enough chances to prove he is a test batsman.

Â