Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I actually think my problems were SwiftKey & Chrome combined for VT. Not just Chrome itself. 

I use stock browser and SwiftKey on the S4 and it's flawless. 

I am using the keyboard Nayson suggested (it is brilliant btw) and having the problem, on my Nexus and S3 too.

What can we expect for Key Lime Pie?

My contract runs out in 8 months time and I am thinking of the Nexus 5 - if that is out in time - I would really like some more storage it would solidify my choice.

Edited by dodgyknees

What can we expect for Key Lime Pie?

My contract runs out in 8 months time and I am thinking of the Nexus 5 - if that is out in time - I would really like some more storage it would solidify my choice.

Go for the Galaxy Note 3

• Like 1

Can't play several YouTube videos on my new HTC One. It's asking me to load Adobe Flash Player. But when I go to install it, it doesn't seem compatible with Android.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Can't play several YouTube videos on my new HTC One. It's asking me to load Adobe Flash Player. But when I go to install it, it doesn't seem compatible with Android.

Flash isn't compatible with current Android devices and it is unlikely it will ever be. If you get this is on web sites, you'll need to talk to the site owners. All the embedded youtube videos on VT use html5. not flashplayer and will work on Android. Using facebook on a browser on Android will give flash errors, which is a pain, because no-one in their right minds would give the facebook app the permissions it asks for.

Flash isn't compatible with current Android devices and it is unlikely it will ever be. If you get this is on web sites, you'll need to talk to the site owners. All the embedded youtube videos on VT use html5. not flashplayer and will work on Android. Using facebook on a browser on Android will give flash errors, which is a pain, because no-one in their right minds would give the facebook app the permissions it asks for.

Ok Limpid thanks for that. When i try to play some youtube videos on my HTC One they won't play without Flash installed and when i try to install Flash, my phone then gives me the message that it's not compatible, so i guess i'll have to just make do. :(   

For example I have found this but it doesn't say if I need to root it?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

Yeah, you need root. Basically in PC world it would be that you're looking to reinstall Windows. Root = permission to (amongst other things) overwrite the previous android installation. It could be that you want to overwrite with a stock ROM, or cyanogen's version or or or, but you need root.

Edited by Anthony

**But it will also invalidate your warranty and run the risk of bricking the phone.

If you can live with that crack on, but you should be aware of the consequences first.

Â