Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Looks like a HTC One GE rumours are stronger now. I'd be surprised if we didn't get one now too. 

Still we need to see what the Stock Android does with the cameras. Both would be hobbled with stock app

Well I wasnt making the rumour up.

What will be interesting is both phones are LTE and there is some suggestion in certain quarters about the radio drivers being an edition to Vanilla Android and how that then flows back upstream to the AOSP

What's a decent spec back up phone? Was looking at the s3 mini but its so overpriced?! Any recommendations? Looking at £125 Max. All I really want is a semi decent screen, decent speed and expandable storage, gonna mainly be used as an mp3 player and then as a back up phone as and when needed.

S3 back from the repair shop ...new motherboard

girl in the shop says quite a few with the same problem lately but yet its still not a problem for Samsung to recognize officially 

anyway glad to have it back great phone bar the freezing etc 

Zte blade goes back into the press still a decent phone (rooted ginger stirfry)

Edited by Meath_Villan

Really? Was looking at that as well but discounted it due to the screen. Can't seem to find many reviews on it either. Cheers for the reply though.

White LG Nexus announced, same spec as original Black one. meh.

LG not working on Nexus 5 either...

Google will never work with them again after the supply shortages. They had no such problems with Samsung.

I think they'll stick with Motorola for next couple. Or Sony.

Another pet hate about my S3.

You know when you hold down the home button to bring up your apps that are running so you can turn them off?

Well more and more regularly this doesn't work on mine.

I'll hold the home button and I can feel the haptic feedback after a second, but nothing comes up.

A reboot fixes it, but yet another little bugbear. Happens probably once a week.

Edited by Stevo985

Living with the S3 which is undoubtably a brilliant phone - its a glitchy little ****. I have the same issues...Stevo. I usually have to reboot every couple of days when it gets particularly laggy......

Mine's only really laggy when it's plugged in, which is a bit weird.

Unplugged it's more or less perfect. But once it's charging it can be a bit slow.

but yeah I agree, it's pretty glitchy. Say what you want about the iPhone, but I reckon I could count the number of times I had to reboot mine on one hand, and I had it for 2 years

So its time for a phone upgrade, what do you guys recommend?

On the basis of the information you've supplied and your likely use, I'd recommend...

I'll be upgrading from my S2 soon, got a Nexus 4 on the way. I'm also shifting from Orange to giffgaff, finally. Somehow I'm not looking forward to the cancelling-can-i-have-my-pac-code conversation...

Â