Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Definitely be something new before then.

There are dual core chipsets due soon which should find their way into handsets early next year.

Hard to say what's going to be the high end then as things change so quickly, I'd even be tempted to hold off if nothing new was launched because you're going to want bleeding edge.

I'm due an upgrade now actually as well, from today in fact. I'm leaning towards the Desire HD but a couple of issues are staying my hand (like Rev, the battery mostly). It's not like I'm absolutely desperate for an upgrade but I wouldn't mind moving onto something new.

It feels like a reasonably awkward time to be looking for a new phone in this kinda range. All the top end Android handsets have some major flaws imo and less flawed handsets (i.e. the Desire) are knocking on.

Plenty of reports that say it isn't. Help the first Google result for desire hd battery is a piece on it not being an issue. Most people are either tied upon the lower battery rating so imagine it being worse than the desire, or are idiots running advance task killer on auto kill which rapes batteries on 2. 2. And syncing god knows how many accounts every x mins and wondering why their battery is going down. The quicker apps start using c2dm the better.

Just read that piece myself... it feels like a bit of a cop out? Some of it is common sense stuff to make the battery last, but some of it feels like its making excuses for the battery life, if you get what I mean? It suggests using it less to get a higher battery life in effect, which is rather like announcing your car will cost you less if you drive it like a saint.

It seems to me that, had a larger battery been used, which by many accounts was doable but some reason not, the saintly use to get acceptable battery life mightn't have been quite so strictly neccessary.

But thats just my view and I'm not looking for a debate on it.

Battery is an issue from what I've read. People p1ssed off that they simply didn't put a bigger battery in. Anyway my mate is getting the phone next week. I can't wait to mess around with it. Really think my next phone will have a 4.3inch screen. Though I could never ever get a non Super AMOLED. Once you've experienced it you can never go back.

Anyway onto the SGS froyo update. I have an unlocked phone and Kies says there is no update available. Very odd. I know I'm in Ireland but UK&Ireland is the region.

People bitched the the iphone went from a 1400mAH to a 1200mAH battery from the original to the 3g. They all claimed it would lead to shorter battery life and that apple should have stuck a bigger battery in it. But they were also wrong.

They COULD have put a bigger battery in, but the phone would have been bigger and more expensive. Instead they've give it one that STILL gives it longer battery life than the desire. The 45nm platform is almost twice as efficient as the 65nm one the desire is built on.

People can be pissed at what they like, the fact though is that battery life in the Desire HD is better than the normal Desire. Maybe that's not enough for some people (I could easily kill my desire in half a day if I wanted to be an absolute retard with my phone) but that's the way it is.

Aye, I guess it depends how accurate you're finding swype, if you're spending a lot of time correcting wrong words then this could be quicker. It's about the only way to ensure you always get the right letter. Any other keyboard you're always going to have a margin of error, but with this you can always hit the letter you want.

Looks like Samsung have a handset to replace the Galaxy S and it looks like a really nice piece of kit.

HSPA+ device

Either a 4.3" or 4.5" Super AMOLED 2 screen

8MP camera with LED flash, full 1080p video recording

1.2GHz processor. T

Out by feb.........

Â