Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

That's not good dodgy, in fact that's put me right off Samsung completely tbh, I had my heart set on a note 3 too as my next phone :/

Search he internet and you'll find stories about every company in the world where someone's had a bad experience. If you let these stories put you off purchasing something then you'd live empty handed.

• Like 2

Yeah I understand that but to dismiss, delete and then block a genuine complaint is a different matter imo.

Have you seen the complaint?

I'm not saying it wasn't valid, but there could be a number of reasons why they took that action. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Yeah I understand that but to dismiss, delete and then block a genuine complaint is a different matter imo.

Have you seen the complaint?

I'm not saying it wasn't valid, but there could be a number of reasons why they took that action.

I got a fb message from somebody viewing who said the same happened to him and others. Its just them protecting reputation even though I've lost out on a lot through them.

I don't think complaints should be made on social media sites anyway but that's another matter. As many people have stated the problem lies with the retailer to solve, not the manufacturer.

So it should all be how great they are? People should know about possible issues.

My bil got his from Samsung, he sent it back and we are awaiting their letter.

Edited by dodgyknees

I don't think complaints should be made on social media sites anyway but that's another matter. As many people have stated the problem lies with the retailer to solve, not the manufacturer.

So it should all be how great they are? People should know about possible issues.

My bil got his from Samsung, he sent it back and we are awaiting their letter.

Not at all, maybe its just me as I've never really had an experience bad enough to complain.

It just irritates me when some people use their experience to tell people that *insert company* is crap and to not buy their products.

I work for a car manufacturer and I've known brand new cars to have issues to the point where we've had to buy them back. Some of these customers will never buy another car from us but does that mean that the brand is crap and only makes faulty cars?

BTW none of that's aimed at you but I've known people that have done this.

Depends on who is in charge of the Facebook page.   The people who do social media for the company I work for tend not to have a **** clue about what we actually do.  I suspect it could be the same at most places. 

Bought one for my old man as he is retiring and not keeping his iphone. Great price! Hope he doesn't flip over the OS-change. Old people and changes does not compute

Bought one for my old man as he is retiring and not keeping his iphone. Great price! Hope he doesn't flip over the OS-change. Old people and changes does not compute

Well, one upside is that it's physically bigger - kinda handy for older folks.

That's not good dodgy, in fact that's put me right off Samsung completely tbh, I had my heart set on a note 3 too as my next phone :/

I've had a Galaxy S, S2, S3, Galaxy Nexus, another S3 and an S4.

I have had not even a single hiccup with any of those phones ever. I have a friend who still has the Galaxy S and he's stuck a custom rom of 4.1 on there and it's still working.

My mate I sold my Galaxy S2 to still has it and it and he's had no problems with it. Another mate still has his S2 and no problems with it either.

I think the reliability of Samsung products is exceptional from my experience and experiences of my friends. When you think of the problems with the iPhone 5 and all the amount of replacements they're doing right now of the first batch due to the power button stopping working. Combined to antenna problems of the iPhone 4.

It really shows Samsung as the more reliable phone manufacturer.

Edited by CVByrne

Nexus 4 has had a big price drop on the play store. £199 now for the 16gb and £159 for the 8gb.

It's an absolute superb deal. What's better is give it a month and you can pick up a next to new one in ebay for £120-130. It's madness.

For certain I'll get one for my little brother for Xmas. Price will be too good come Nov time when a raft will be sold on ebay to fund a new Nexus 4

Â