Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

The present deal isn't going though before the End of the window so a few more weeks wont hurt will it(well i suppose other than my sleeping patten)?

Oh for the love of god.......

As it stands in 10 day's time Randy Lerner will become the owner of a 58% stake in Aston Villa FC, he will then loan the club some cash until the official takeover date 11 days later.

If someone else makes a bid that the board then recommend to supporters then this thing will drag on there will be NO MONEY for the manager to spend before the window closes.

I'm not saying we shouldn't listen, but it does make a (big) difference.....

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The present deal isn't going though before the End of the window so a few more weeks wont hurt will it(well i suppose other than my sleeping patten)?

Oh for the love of god.......

As it stands in 10 day's time Randy Lerner will become the owner of a 58% stake in Aston Villa FC, he will then loan the club some cash until the official takeover date 11 days later.

If someone else makes a bid that the board then recommend to supporters then this thing will drag on there will be NO MONEY for the manager to spend before the window closes.

But long term AV06 might be the better deal. So thats 4 more months of shit football(maybe) before we see a difference. Im prepared to wait if it is a better deal, thats all i ment.

The way i see it the situation with the takeover has come to the stage where it now is beginning to resemble a game of poker. I mean you can look at it this way, Lerner has the best "hand" hence his bid at this time, the other two still in are commited at this stage but essentially they have nothing, they cant beat Lerners "hand"(bid) and so are "drawing dead"(they aint got squat) but in an attemp to "steal the pot"(frighten Lerner away/outbid him) they are bluffing(they no they cant beat Randy), so they are hoping he "folds" either by pulling out of the deal because of a fan backlash or something along those lines. It wreaks of desperation on both parts if you ask me and as far as im concerned we all be hailing Randy and Martin at reading next wednesday. Neville has had a bid on the table for about a month now which hasnt been accepted so theres no way thats any good or that he can put together a better bid than Lerner in the next 9 days, no chance forget about him. AV06 seem like a similar bunch of jokers, i mean theres so many holes in their bid and they haven't even made a formal offer yet. The way that both Neville and AV06 have approached this takeover is both shoddy and amateurish, why? most likely because they have no background in being involved with sporting franchises, unlike Randy and boy can you tell with the difference in approach to the takeover. Lerner's just seems so much more professionall and essentially is researched and planned better so even if Neville/AV06 offer £200mil for the club and give us a blank cheque for transfers id be devestated if Randy didnt take over, he is exactly what we need, there is no chance these people can provide a better package than him! So down villa park next wed for one hell of a party me thinks!!!!! UTV USA USA n all that!

in The Sun today.. it was said that Lerner wants the 1981-82 side in a hall of fame... bla bla.

I think thats a superb idea and exactly why villa fans want him.. even if he does provide less transfer funds.

Whatever happens I understand that the 'regulatory authorities' of the stock exchange are none too chuffed with Mr.Padfield QC and his comments of yesterday..... I think his fingers are going to gert burnt over this one :)

Why would Padfield need to worry about due diligence?.... if his lot are as rich as he claims a few million missing here and there would be of no importance :)
Good point, since randy is willing to bid 62, they can just use his valuation as a gudieline, but it does seem kind of strange that they have not gone through due dilingence - or have they, do we really know what is going on.

As far as the AV board goes - their obligation is to recommend the best offer for the shareholders - not the future of the business. So money talks.

As I understand the AV06 consortium, it consists among others of former top players one of them Michael Laudrup - my info tells me that they are for real. What I think they want is to take over a club and Villa is a good prosepect and a very low valued one at that. A lot of people seem to think that the value of Villa could be more than doubled in a few years time, that makes room for a lot of investment in the club.

but it does seem kind of strange that they have not gone through due dilingence - or have they, do we really know what is going on.

AV06 have been refusesd access to the books as they won't sign a confidentiality agreement.

Just heard on the TalkSport news that they are talking about AV06 joining up with Neville and Still. The part of Still may be an incorrect statement on the news, however, as I have not heard this before

What it does show is that there may be a lot of misinformation flying around.

I am willing to listen to what other bidders propose in detail but, as of now, I have not heard anything yet.

All I am hearing is a lot of the same rehashed comments of very little substance. I may be wrong and AV06 may come up with a very good package but I want to hear from them what they have in mind and that has to be in a lot more detail than being put around at the moment. It is understandable that somebody in a consortium may want to remain anonymous but surely not everyone. If it is everyone, I would become very suspicious of their motives.

If this consortium is going to be a 'liquourice all-sorts' of members is this going to give Villa the clear direction it needs.

leaving MON in limbo in the transfer market. Can he spend any money before a takeover goes through? Who's money would he be spending?

would he have to receive transfer ratification from HDE/Randy/Padfield before he could buy a player?

I suspect that the Lerner bid is all but done and dusted, irrespective of other bids, and that MON would only need clearance from HDE/ Lerner to invest in a specific player at this present time.

the point is why would a bunch of 'billionnairess' need to join up with anyone else.

smells like a spoiling tactic and almost hatred against Americans.

I did think the same thing to be honest, and why on earth would they join with Neville to "bring in loyal support" everyone thinks the blokes a complete clown!!!

I have very real concerns behind the motives of Padfields bid, what's further I have concerns over their funding of the bid, we have no ideas of his backers nor do we know how it is being financed?

Maybe Mr Padfield would like to clarify that along with his business plans, instead of gobbing off to anyone that will listen. Then maybe we'd take him more seriously. Unfortunately I don't think he will and any bid will be heavily reliant on a loan, which will be put back onto the club after the purchase!

what I can't understand in all of this is that if Padfield & chums really want to win this bid why don't they come out and really try and convince the fans by naming who the consortium is. If their estimated wealth is what they say it is, I read a combined total of 10billion in last nights Mail then those names would get more backing from the fans if they are reputable people. I can't see a logical reason for not naming them. In addition to date we are told that they haven't signed a confidentiality agreement, so are unable to progress.

I believe its all talk from Padfield, and badly done at that. I think we'll be welcoming Mr Lerner next Wednesday night.

the point is why would a bunch of 'billionnairess' need to join up with anyone else.

exactly ian. doesnt sound right to me. if they are so powerful like they claim why do they need to merge the groups.

also why has it taken them so long to bid? i dont trust them at all. and they are making themselves look like unproffesional fools with "we will fly the flag"

i dont care if their english, portugese or american as long as they have villa best interests at heart. i dont think AV06 have.

Rival warns Lerner over Villa bid

A rival consortium says it is putting together a £70m bid to buy Aston Villa - £7.4m more than the package offered by American billionaire Randy Lerner.

The Villa board has accepted Lerner's £62.6m package and recommended his offer to the club's shareholders.

But Nicholas Padfield QC, of the AV06 group, told the Independent newspaper: "This is by no means over.

"We are indefatigable in our efforts to secure the club because we have the club's interests at heart."

There are believed to be four consortia interested in taking over at Villa, with local businessman Michael Neville and Sven Goran Eriksson's agent Athole Still heading the other two.

The decision of long-standing chairman Doug Ellis - and the Villa Board - to opt for Lerner's offer appeared to have placed the American as firm favourite.

But Padfield, a deputy high court judge, added: "We are not American, and want to fly the flag."

Padfield refused to name the people behind his consortium but maintained: "I'm not prepared to go into details but certainly we have billionaires."

He went on to add that "irrevocable undertakings" given to Lerner will become void if another bid of 5% or more above Lerner's is made, meaning any offer over £66m will be given consideration.

Clicky

but it does seem kind of strange that they have not gone through due dilingence - or have they, do we really know what is going on.

AV06 have been refusesd access to the books as they won't sign a confidentiality agreement.

And you know that for a fact? I know it has been in the papers that they have not signed a confidentiality agreement, but is that still the case and was that the truth to beging with?

And you know that for a fact? I know it has been in the papers that they have not signed a confidentiality agreement, but is that still the case and was that the truth to beging with?

Well considering they claimed that if the board didn't pander to their wishes they would skulk off and buy another club I can't see any way that they would be allowed access......... PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

Unfortunately they have done neither.