Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

I personally don't think there is a problem. Lerner just wants it to be as low key as possible whilst his team carry out due diligence. !

Forte, can you or anyone else offer an estimate as to how long due diligence would take on such a company?

I have no experience of how long it would take.

It's just that they seem to have been at it for a while.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is after all a PLC and quite a big one at that

Hardly....

Indeed, not very big at all and I'm surprised "Howard Hodgson" thinks we are, afterall he did a report into us.

This is after all a PLC and quite a big one at that

Hardly....

Indeed, not very big at all and I'm surprised "Howard Hodgson" thinks we are, afterall he did a report into us.

Is this you with your pedantic head on again Richard??

Big plc or not, it'll still take a while for it to go through.

Things have gone extremely quiet this week which would make me think that one is closing in.

There again, has there been more than one serious party since the beginning. I do feel that at least one is there to just up the ante.

I wouldn't be too displeased to see only £10m spent before the transfer window shuts so as to give MON more time to plan for the future. Unless he has players lined up it would be difficult to spend much more without wasting it.

i said earlier in the thread that takeovers take a long time.

the way some people comment they think if the deal aint done in a few hours its gone tits up, dont forget there are 4 serious bidders here, rotchilds have got the check the funds and backgrounds of these bidders. it will be done by the end of the month thou

I come to the conclution that a deal is on the way, so im not locked on my computer for hours on end. With O'Neill coming last week and the interview with Doug a few days ago im 99% sure it will happen. I also believe it will take weeks and maybe months. Ive written off the first couple months of the season due to O'Neill not knowing his team and we wont be spending huge sums of money. Its going to be hard and frustraighing, but if youve waited 16+ years(how long ive been going to games) to get rid of Ellis a couple more weeks or months wont hert.

I know its hard not hearing anything, i just presume no news is good news.

We also have to remember that even if a firm bid was or is placed, AVFC cannot, under very strict London Stock Exchange rules comment publicly.

The rules even state that just at the stage of contemplation - in other words looking at bids to decide whether to accept or not - has to be kept totally secret.

The information is only passed onto people who need to know, and even then the guidelines are to ensure that is kept to a minimum.

If the offer to accept is then about to be notified to the board - that is when there has to be an announcement - and that is irrespective of the attitude of the board to the offer.

So unfortunately for us, we have to sit back and wait. Frustrating as it is - its all we can do.

I personally have no doubts there is going to be a takeover - my only concern is that we don't know anything about any of the prospective bidders, other than what we have seen in the press.

I am happy with the Lerner or Still bids, less happy about aspects at this stage of the AV06 bid, and believe that frankly Neville is out of his depth and doesn't stand a cat in hells chance with his own consortia.

The timescale for a 'typical' takeover is around 90 days

The trick is realising how far down this "90 days" we are.

Would anyone like to take a guess as to why MON joined before a takeover.

The timescale for a 'typical' takeover is around 90 days

The trick is realising how far down this "90 days" we are.

Would anyone like to take a guess as to why MON joined before a takeover.

If I was a guessing man and I am, I would say that the buyer thought that it would be over by now. The buyer could see that it was going to drag on until the start of the season or beyond and so put MON in place to give him a few weeks before the season started. He/they could not afford to wait any longer.

I would say that we are at least half way through the 90 days.

Was the walk out (if it was a walk out) by Learner the 'gun to Doug's head' - get it sorted and MON in place by the end of next week or I am off for good.

As I said, I am a guessing man.