Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Well that will be in the gift of the new board. AFTER the takeover

Lets hope not!!!!! :lol:

No, the gift of the SHAREHOLDERS

Yes in fairness, but in practice the board as they will typically have the majority shares

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight. we have no hope of a takeover until next weekend at the least, cuz AV06 are on holiday.

This would only be true if AV06 were the only serious bidder at the table.

So let me get this straight. we have no hope of a takeover until next weekend at the least, cuz AV06 are on holiday.

This would only be true if AV06 were the only serious bidder at the table.

But they must be confident that they can wait that long!!!!??

this is sinking in slowly and is p*ssing me the f*ck off.

I doubt they are going on holiday, they're just not ready. They've had enough time - I'd tell em not to even bother cos if they and Neville are panicing trying to merge with each other at this stage, you know! It dosent bode well does it. Hopefully it will be a one or two horse race with Lerner and Still. May the best bid win - if Still has gone then wrap it up with Lerner ASAP.

Of course the only potential hold up then would be Doug, this is where it gets complicated. I'll let people who understand shares better debate that one. TBH how many of you will be suprised if Doug is indeed the major problem here, he has been the problem for a good many years!

Two questions constantly posed by "opposing" sides in the Villa debate for a number of years now.

1. OK get rid of Ellis but who is there out there willing to take over

2. Ok get rid of the manager all well and good but who would want to come and manage us.

Are both about to be answered? who knows. But I think it just shows that no one could say for sure an answer to either of those questions. But the fact that they could not be answered with total assurance was not a preclusion to either event happening. And NOR SHOULD IT EVER HAVE BEEN

But Richard if we are to believe whats written, then the answer to your second question in previous times when Ellis was going nowhere could well have been no-one.

MON appears not to want to work under Ellis.

and WHY THE CAPITALS?

getting rid of DOL when he did was a mistake by Ellis as we are seeing now. Even DOL had some sort of plan (or you would hope) to wheel and deal to try and improve the squad. What we have been left with has only benefited Ellis and those who wanted to see DOL go come-what-may

A few days of silence from the club now - is that a good sign ie. meaningful negotiations are going on or does it mean nothing is happening?

Personally, I would take it as 'no news is good news' but I am sure others are willing to speculate differently.

I think all any of us can do is sit tight and say a few prayers to our Lord McGrath.

A few days of silence from the club now - is that a good sign ie. meaningful negotiations are going on or does it mean nothing is happening?
Very positive I would say. The silence from Lerner's camp (and the club) is very encouraging after all last week's shenanigans. A bit more patience and I think we might be home and dry............but if we are at the same stage this time next week we are fecked.

IMHO