Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Just imagine this situation at Everton, West Ham, Spurs, Newcastle etc. it would be aall over the nationals and national phone in's. Ellis made us irrelavant to them.

And we the fans have gone along with it.

No protest marches

No boycotts of games coz I support Aston Villa not Doug Ellis, when they are doing the exactl opposite. As long as fans came through the turnstyles Ellis had his mandate to stay in power.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, there is a boycott just look at the attendances at least 3,000 are not turning up and I shudder to think if nothing changes just how many would turn for Charlton at home next season on Saturday 5PM KO ....

the problem is we can NOT protest, Ellis's allies would claim it is haarrassment of a sick man, just look at what Newbon (rocket polisher) says anytime the fans say aanything, we just can not do it ....

so yes we just sit there and hope for the grim reaper and then we have to hope whoever the relatives sell out to is good for the club.

If he was truely a Villa fan he would haave organissed it for the best possible person/people to be in a position to take over but clearly in his dying days his true colours are there for anyone to see.

The remaining board members have a duty to run the business in the best interests of all the shareholders.

They're clearly not very good at their jobs but at least one of them acknowledged this and got on the phone to Rothschilds........

How long ago was that..................

There's the Law (which is very weak on Corporate Governance and responsibilities) and Guidance which is quite explicit, but not completely compulsory.

Law states that "Directors must act bona fide in the interests of the company and must not exercise their powers for any collateral purpose. A director must not place himself in a position where his duty to the company and his personal interests conflict and he must not profit from his position as a director. In addition, a director must exercise reasonable care and such skill as might reasonably be expected of a person of his knowledge and experience." (this includes N.E.Ds who ARE part of the board.

Corporate Governance Guidance is a bit clearer and a lot more detailed. here's a pdf file for example.

Anyone who does read it is likely to conclude that the "effort" at VP falls a long long way short of best practice.

As a shareholder could I theroretically try to take the club to court??

The board have not acted in my best interests and have broken the law.

Would there be a case or not?????

No.

If everytime a company made a loss, or the share price dropped people could take the directors to court, there's be a back log for the next 20 years.

What exactly would your claim be based on?

No.

If everytime a company made a loss, or the share price dropped people could take the directors to court, there's be a back log for the next 20 years.

I think NEGLIGENCE would be a good starting point :)

man is this thread still rambling on? ellis is staying. end of story. :(:(:(

The whole thing is taking an eternity to resolve. However , Rothschilds don't come cheap. I think the fact that they were and are being employed by Villa would tend to confirm the truth of Ellis's desire to find a buyer. It's just in his nature to make the fans suffer for as long as possible.

Ellis wants to sell but the management team within Villa park are not performing and not giving him the sales figures he needs to prove we are a club worth buying. Ticket sales are down, merchandise sales are down, corporate hospitality sales are down the team are not performing well, when you buy into Aston Villa you buy the whole lot not just the things happening on the pitch. The restructure only managed to lose the management staff who knew what they were doing leaving behind a shambles!! Heads would roll at my current company if we were under achieving as badly as Aston Villa are. I wouldnt invest into them in their current state would you?

So here we are, Villa out of the running for all competitions this year and now faced with staving off relegation which was exactly where we were when HDE hired DOL in the first place.

Sitting in my comfy armchair it is so easy to suggest to Doug that if he was "half smart" he might want to take the first 55M pounds that he gets a sniff at and bank it before he sees that increasing player and management costs whittle away the true value of the team.

Villa has become as interesting as a 25 year old lego set that you buy for 50p at a boot sale. You get it home and find that half the integral pieces are missing and it will cost you more than your pocket money to fix it.

Doug, old chap. you can afford to retire in luxury for the rest of what is left of your life. Sell the club for the best offer on the table and let the new blood figure out what lego pieces are needed. It's quite clear that your current advisors don't have enough acumen to find their way out of Tescos on a Wednesday afternoon, let alone build an old lego set. :roll:

Oh and by the way Doug, did you know that the brand name "Lego" comes from from the Danish words "LEg GOdt" or "play well", which is something that Villa seem unable to do consistently as long as you own it :(

So here we are, Villa out of the running for all competitions this year and now faced with staving off relegation which was exactly where we were when HDE hired DOL in the first place.

Sitting in my comfy armchair it is so easy to suggest to Doug that if he was "half smart" he might want to take the first 55M pounds that he gets a sniff at and bank it before he sees that increasing player and management costs whittle away the true value of the team.

Villa has become as interesting as a 25 year old lego set that you buy for 50p at a boot sale. You get it home and find that half the integral pieces are missing and it will cost you more than your pocket money to fix it.

Doug, old chap. you can afford to retire in luxury for the rest of what is left of your life. Sell the club for the best offer on the table and let the new blood figure out what lego pieces are needed. It's quite clear that your current advisors don't have enough acumen to find their way out of Tescos on a Wednesday afternoon, let alone build an old lego set. :roll:

Oh and by the way Doug, did you know that the brand name "Lego" comes from from the Danish words "LEg GOdt" or "play well", which is something that Villa seem unable to do consistently as long as you own it :(

Inspired.

Wurzel - At Christmas the club was as low as i ever thought possible and was told it will get worse before it gets better. Now in mid March and nothing is improving. How much worse can things get before they start getting better. Recovering from this season will take a long time. May 7th when we put 2005-2006 to bed cant come soon enough.

Ellis wants to sell but the management team within Villa park are not performing and not giving him the sales figures he needs to prove we are a club worth buying. Ticket sales are down, merchandise sales are down, corporate hospitality sales are down the team are not performing well, when you buy into Aston Villa you buy the whole lot not just the things happening on the pitch. The restructure only managed to lose the management staff who knew what they were doing leaving behind a shambles!! Heads would roll at my current company if we were under achieving as badly as Aston Villa are. I wouldnt invest into them in their current state would you?

Sorry mate you might be Ellis' sacked pa but you should know, two seperate reports have been suplied by the clubs accountants to show not only the turndown in attendances but the expected realisation of assets, the expected downturn in cashflow and the best and worst case scenarios for the club during the do nothing period.

If you don't you have no idea why you were released.

Malc, it is obvious that with Ellis still insitu, the club is frozen and any new deal say for sponsorship is going to be less whilst he is in charge. The worrying thing about this are the sackings because any company on a downturn and just sacking people is on a downward slope to oblivion.

I just wonder how long it would take for the bank to close on us whilst Ellis is still there ??

on a side note anyone read that the billionnaire former tory party chairman has got 42% of Watford through a rights issue and wiped out their debts.

there are people out there and lets hope Rothschilds can find the right one.

No.

We're a PLC operating illegally.