• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Top four remains a possibility but to win the title, you need to have the squad. City will have 28 or 29 top-class players available." - MON 27/07

So selling our best player, out of the smallest squad in the league? Whilst every other member of the squad is annoyed and fed up with you apart from Petrov.... nice one mon. Don't let the door hit you...

I don't understand how anyone can disagree with this

Thanks gary. I do bang my head on my desk when having an opinion levels you the clearing in the woods award. Will see you at the awards evening sir! ;)

:D care to discuss how you disagree with my post? rather than insulting me aimlessly

Nooooo sorry bud, I'm completely on your side. Was a joke that having an opinion makes you a t'wat, hence the mega t'wat party end of the year.

oh apologies I misread your post :D

If Milner should decide to remain, I'd be happy.

First of all, he is a professional, not a Villa supporter (he is a Leeds supporter, by the way), so I find normal that he has had talks with another club. But he's a nice guy and a serious professional, so I'm absolutely sure that if he remains he'd be committed the 100% to our club.

Secondarily, he can play as a central midfielder, but he began his carreer as an attacking-minded winger, and I think that with Jimbo and Downing on the flanks, Young behind the striker, and Petrov and Delph in front of the defence, our current 4-4-1-1 could become a more attractive 4-2-3-1.

Are we screwed though, i'm sure people were saying the whole outcome of clubs summer transfers revolves around the Milner deal, not just us.

No deal what happens, no other clubs sign anyone?

"Top four remains a possibility but to win the title, you need to have the squad. City will have 28 or 29 top-class players available." - MON 27/07

So selling our best player, out of the smallest squad in the league? Whilst every other member of the squad is annoyed and fed up with you apart from Petrov.... nice one mon. Don't let the door hit you...

Thanks gary. I do bang my head on my desk when having an opinion levels you the clearing in the woods award. Will see you at the awards evening sir! ;)

:D care to discuss how you disagree with my post? rather than insulting me aimlessly

Nooooo sorry bud, I'm completely on your side. Was a joke that having an opinion makes you a t'wat, hence the mega t'wat party end of the year.

Get a room

Get a room

:D:D

I think any reasonable person would question the assertion:

every other member of the squad is annoyed and fed up with you apart from Petrov
, which is ludicrous in its absurdity.

I think any reasonable person would question the assertion:

every other member of the squad is annoyed and fed up with you apart from Petrov
, which is ludicrous in its absurdity.

clearly it was a slight exaggeration, it doesn't change the fact that there are several members of the squad that are unhappy

Also the fact that he's moaning about selling our best player and then adds "out of the smallest squad in the league" to strengthen his point.

Yet surely, if we're selling Milner for £25m+ then we could afford 2 or 3 players, hence enlarging our tiny tiny squad.

Are we screwed though, i'm sure people were saying the whole outcome of clubs summer transfers revolves around the Milner deal, not just us.

I don't know Jez - why don't you tell us what you think?

Also the fact that he's moaning about selling our best player and then adds "out of the smallest squad in the league" to strengthen his point.

Yet surely, if we're selling Milner for £25m+ then we could afford 2 or 3 players, hence enlarging our tiny tiny squad.

Not sure that will wash anymore as our squad will be the same size as everyone else's this year!

If the league reverted to pre substitution days and then only allowed 11 players to be registered for the whole season, Milner would never be sold by Mon because he's too important as a week in week out 90 minute dynamo. Mon would also be the best manager around and he wouldn't be able to get the grin off his face. :lol:

If the Milner deal doesn't happen then other clubs will move to their other targets.

I'd like to think we can stop the entire league from signing midfield players, but they will all have plan B's of course. And anyway, for it to be a chain then surely, with us as the selling club, we'd need to start the chain as buyers too. We sell Milner to City, we buy X to replace him, X's club buy Y to replace X, Y's club buys Z to replace Y... It's more likely we'll just do a swap for cash plus player (Ireland?), so the chain isn't reliant on us at all.

Unless I've got the wrong transfer chain here...

Yeah, but you have shown time and time again that what you think is completely worthless. At least in two years time, 14 year old Jack Grealish will be the saviour for both Villa and England........

:D if you don't like my opinions then don't respond to them, I was informing others posters of a terrific young player in our academy

To be fair, at first I quite liked your opinions - you clearly watch a lot of youth football and I respect that. I think you're definitely the type of guy who just loves his football and watch any form of it - love that!

It's just some of your other opinions have been a bit "my way or your wrong", and it's put me off you a bit. No offence :) Could be worse, you could be paulanddonya... :)

Personally, I don't think we can judge what the players think of the manager, as we're not involved in the situation. So nothing can be stated as a fact, just an either educated or uneducated guess.

Yeah, but you have shown time and time again that what you think is completely worthless. At least in two years time, 14 year old Jack Grealish will be the saviour for both Villa and England........

:D if you don't like my opinions then don't respond to them, I was informing others posters of a terrific young player in our academy

To be fair, at first I quite liked your opinions - you clearly watch a lot of youth football and I respect that. I think you're definitely the type of guy who just loves his football and watch any form of it - love that!

It's just some of your other opinions have been a bit "my way or your wrong", and it's put me off you a bit. No offence :) Could be worse, you could be paulanddonya... :)

Personally, I don't think we can judge what the players think of the manager, as we're not involved in the situation. So nothing can be stated as a fact, just an either educated or uneducated guess.

The first bit is very true, I'll watch any form of the game to be honest, I do go a bit of over the top with my opinions but I find this is the best way to get my point across, haha Paulanddonya, I haven't heard from him for a while, always good for a laugh though. To be honest, you're probably right about the last bit also but I'm just growing frustrated watching clubs around us buy Joe Cole and bidding for the likes of Scott Parker, I just want some action, that is all.

The first bit is very true, I'll watch any form of the game to be honest, I do go a bit of over the top with my opinions but I find this is the best way to get my point across, haha Paulanddonya, I haven't heard from him for a while, always good for a laugh though. To be honest, you're probably right about the last bit also but I'm just growing frustrated watching clubs around us buy Joe Cole and bidding for the likes of Scott Parker, I just want some action, that is all.

You know that I find some of what you say out of order, but I have respect for your extensive Villa knowledge. Believe it or not I share a lot of the frustrations that you have about Mon, I just express them in more couched terms perhaps. Keep on making your points in your own inimitable way SGC, otherwise there's going to be long silences on here. (Just take it easy on Jimmy will you :lol:)

You know that I find some of what you say out of order, but I have respect for your extensive Villa knowledge. Believe it or not I share a lot of the frustrations that you have about Mon, I just express them in more couched terms perhaps. Keep on making your points in your own inimitable way SGC, otherwise there's going to be long silences on here. (Just take it easy on Jimmy will you :lol:)

haha thanks VB I'll bear it in mind :)

yes, sepp blatter has announced the window will be closed if the milner deal does not go through. The ability to interpret words alongside read them is often thought of as a valuable quality.