• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one footballer I actually admired as a human being. **** you Milner.

Goodbye milner you **** judas word removed..i hope you break your legs in your first game for the camel shaggers!

James Milner is dead to me. The quicker Villa sell his greedy arse the better.

Erm what's wrong with a player wanting a move to another club? I'd rather he stay, and I'm disappointed that apparently he wants to go to City where he probably won't get many games, but I think we should all praise his conduct rather than condemn him. I mean, he's hardly gone all over the news flaunting how much he wanted to play for City as he. Gareth "I wanna go for CL" Barry on the other hand, I can understand.

Bottom line, Milner didn't lie, isn't pressurizing MON to go ahead with the transfer, isn't **** around with the media. Compared to a lot of the other footballers around, he's a saint.

Goodbye milner you **** judas word removed..i hope you break your legs in your first game for the camel shaggers!

Grow the **** up!

very much this

as this as this could possibly get

Does my head in people acting like kids saying they ''hope he breaks a leg'' blah balh blah, Just grow up its only a game!

Didnt you know its not ''this'' any more, its:

Amen to that brother 8)

Just don't get if they knew before the World Cup they couldn't at least agree a deal while the world cup was going on and then get Milner to discuss personal terms as soon as it's over and then go on holiday.

To be honest, I think Milner is making the complete wrong decision, I mean, he's come here, O'Neill has helped him, moved him into the centre and first chance he gets to move, he goes. It's not as if it's Barry and last chance to try somewhere else.

If I'm honest, I hope he rots away on the bench.

Sell him now for £20-25 Millions, let him sit on the bench watching better players win things and then buy him back for less than half that next summer.

I loved Milners attitude and perseverance but he wasn't exactly the best player I've ever seen, not even the best player in a Villa shirt I've ever seen.

I would much rather it be Milner than Ash or Gabby. As most have said I think Milner is replaceable, just as Barry was proved to be.

Sell him now for £20-25 Millions, let him sit on the bench watching better players win things and then buy him back for less than half that next summer.

I loved Milners attitude and perseverance but he wasn't exactly the best player I've ever seen, not even the best player in a Villa shirt I've ever seen.

I would much rather it be Milner than Ash or Gabby. As most have said I think Milner is replaceable, just as Barry was proved to be.

Great post! Especially re Ash and Gabby, in fact I'd be mortified if Gabby went he may not be the greatest striker we've ever had but he's good and getting better and more importantly he's one of us!

Interesting to see where he will fit in with

Yaya Toure

Ireland

Barry

De Jong

Viera

Wright-Phillips

Silva

Adam Johnson

Kompany

I hope they have nice comfy bucket seats....

considering how much money theyve spent, that midfield is not that great

------------------ Toure/De Jong -------------------

------------ Barry -----------------------------------

------------------------------- Milner ----------------

Silva --------------------------------------- Johnson

---------------- Tevez/Adebayor/Dzeko -----------

Doesn't look a bad front 6 to me? I would be struggling to pick one I'd prefer in the premiership.

I think we need to go a bit easy on the name calling. I'm amazingly disappointed in Milner as I really viewed him as a talented, down to earth footballer with both feet firmly planted on the ground. I misjudged him big time, and that is disappointing. But I can't really blame him for wanting to play with world class players and earn a shitload of cash. Just imagine what these lads can get up to during their spare time with all that money. He's gone, and I trust MON to get some good players in as he has done before. Maybe we can cause a bit of an upset this year, who knows. I'm glad if we manager to finish top 8 not that City have really hit its stride in the transfer market and Spurs can offer CL football. But football is really getting less and less interesting these days, and we have a hand in that as well. There isn't a footballer in the PL that isn't vastly overpaid. It really is obscene. If anything, City's rise to infinite wealth and fortune has only emphasized what is wrong with world football and I'm really close to just stop caring about it, full stop. Fulham gave me a bit of hope last year as they managed to reach the EC final, but the Milner deal just kills any enthusiasm I have for the "Premier" League. It can **** right off and I hope the whole structure comes crashing down and forces all clubs into a massive crisis.

Are we allowed to discuss Milner's place in City's midfield without it going Off - Topic? Its just for what its worth i actually think he'd fit fairly well into their team. I dont really think he'll be sat on the bench a lot.

If they play a 451, then Milner is easily going to be their best combative midfielder, presumably with Toure and De Jong / Barry sat behind them.

I think the idea of Barry and Milner rotting in the reserves is far fetched. Silva, Balotelli, Boateng, Toure; none of these play box to box mifield like Milner does.

Great post! Especially re Ash and Gabby, in fact I'd be mortified if Gabby went he may not be the greatest striker we've ever had but he's good and getting better and more importantly he's one of us!

Mortfied?

I hear Mancini has been complaining that clubs are inflating player values when they know Man City are interested. £30 million for Milner seems good value, after his form last season.

How he can complain after Citeh wasted £30million on Robinho just to gazzump Chelsay, I don't know. :winkold:

BTW Sorry 'bout starting a new thread :oops: I did not notice this one was ongoing, it's me age you know :lol:

John Dean

As far as I am concerned Lescott is the bench mark we shouldn't take anything less than they paid for him.

As for James himself I think he is a fool !..all be it soon to be a very rich one

Thats all well and good saying Milner wasnt the best player in a Villa shirt etc but without his contribution last season we would have been lucky to make 8th position.

I am looking forward to seeing this interview or whatever on SSN when i get home just to see MONs body language.

So you work for a firm for 2 years, do a good job and then some other firm offers YOU double your money. What do you do? & if you say "stay out of gratitude & loyalty" I'll call you an 'effin' liar!!

I'm sorry but I HATE this argument. What your saying there would be perfectly reasonable argument for 99% of people.

Milner is a multi-millionaire several times over, so has financially secured his and his family's future for years and years.

We've supposedly offered him a deal to make him the highest paid player in our history so he'd be earning 65-70k a week at a guess.

There's only one word I'd use to describe jimmy and that's greedy.

Amen to this.

For one footballers do not live on the bread line.

For two this is football, not a job at an Insurance company, we live and breath this football club, it is not a service we use. The people who treat football as a service industry are those who go down the villa and boo at half time because were not beating wigan. Football is somehting more than a game and it always will be to the fans. James Milner clearly has no allegiance to the fans that cheered him over the last 2 seasons, frankly he can go **** himself. I just hope he's able to get by on his new wages.

99% of footballers don't really care about the fans though. I am sure they appreciate the support and are thankful for it in the main but they aren't going to make their career moves based on fans support. Ultimately things such as money, chances of success, location of clubs, family circumstances and infrastructure of a club are always going to be more important. Looking at Man City they are probably more likely to win a cup and have far more money to spend on wages. There is the risk that they may change their manager and he may not get in the new team and also the uprooting of his family. Theres also the argument whether someone even bigger may come along for him. I am sure these things will be far more important to Milner than the fact people have cheered him for a couple of years. And i am sure he knows full well that if he has a bad patch he will be booed and scapegoated like many others as well, whether at Villa or Man City

Totally agree - have little time for Milner now considering what Villa and MoN have done for his career. He's no superstar and if we get £25m then we are quids in!

Randys comments back in May:

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner insists he is not worried about losing star midfielder James Milner this summer.

Skysports.com revealed on Monday that Manchester City had stepped up their interest in Milner by tabling a firm offer for the England man, while Chelsea are also thought to be keeping a watching brief on the player.

Milner has established himself as one of the most sought-after players in England after a superb campaign for Villa.

It has been suggested Villa may have to sell before they can buy this summer with Milner one of their most saleable assets.

However, Lerner insists former Leeds and Newcastle ace Milner will remain at Villa Park next season.

"I'm not worried about losing James Milner. I think James will play for Aston Villa and should play for Aston Villa," Lerner told the Daily Mail.

"I'm not dismissive of the realities that a player that has received the attention and acclaim of James is going to spark discussion and debate about a move and so on. The answer is "No", I don't worry about him leaving because he is wanted at this club."

Milner, who is part of England's World Cup squad, was named PFA Young Player of the Year last season and he is set to find himself involved in a transfer battle this summer.

Unlucky Randy, he is a word removed after all!

Milner has been the recipient of over the top media coverage for months now, since Capello (unwisely?) said that he was England's future. It's not surprising that he's had his head turned, he's only human!

While clubs like Man City are able to distort football values by waving huge bundles of cash under the noses of players at "normal" clubs, there can be no surprise when those players become unsettled.

Don't abuse the player. This sort of outrageous financial opportunity is never likely to come James Milner's way again. When he leaves I will wish him well because of the wholehearted way he has played for Villa. I am extremely disappointed that barring a miracle I wont be seeing him again in a Villa shirt.

Erm what's wrong with a player wanting a move to another club? I'd rather he stay, and I'm disappointed that apparently he wants to go to City where he probably won't get many games, but I think we should all praise his conduct rather than condemn him. I mean, he's hardly gone all over the news flaunting how much he wanted to play for City as he. Gareth "I wanna go for CL" Barry on the other hand, I can understand.

Bottom line, Milner didn't lie, isn't pressurizing MON to go ahead with the transfer, isn't **** around with the media. Compared to a lot of the other footballers around, he's a saint.

Erm there's nothing wrong with a player wanting to move on as there is equally nothing wrong with a fan expressing himself over the player turning his back on the fan's favorite club. There is no one way to be a FAN. And expressing disappointment is more than appropriate. The last thing a message board forum needs is Fan Police. You can have your opinion of how a fan should react but it's your opinion not the gospel. If a player wants off the team I support that player is no longer of any interest to me. Milner included. He's dead. I care about those that want to play for the club and want to win while wearing the claret and blue. If a player is not interested in doing that then...'see ya' later don't let the door hit ya' in the ass on your way out.'