What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

If it is true and MON does want any of Man City's cast off then let's get this done. Wish him all the best but let's have people here who wish to take Villa to the next level.

He is basically saying that his teammates aren't good enough to win anything. I wouldn't want him on my side if that was his feelings.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus it's just dawned on me. There is now the very real danger that we DO have enough money for Parker. This could get worse before it gets better folks.

If they want him, make them deliver it in shiny new pound coins!!!

Possible win, win for Villa, if he stays great, if he goes for anything more than £20m happy days

I suppose Milner IS the model professional if you take it that today's model professional takes what he can when he can from whoever he can and is in bed with a cup of hot chocolate by 10pm.

I think if you look back, Villa CEO approached Milner BEFORE he went to World Cup to try and get a verbal agreement and from there came the outcome he does not want to discuss, but like i said Villa themselves have done nothing in terms of transfers in and out to persuade Milner that we really want to challenge for a top 4 spot, we will always be remembered as the nearly club, a few players short. The amount of times i have heard that over the years, its becoming tiring.

I kind of agree with you there. I was thinking yesterday. We havent got 90,000 a week to pay Joe Cole.

BUT, Liverpool certainly havent got it. Now obviously Liverpool are a bigger club than we are, but why have we never got the balls to to take a risk. Im all for, not bankrupting the club, but you definately have to speculate to accumulate, and for me, if Randy lerner really wants champions league football, he isnt risking anywhere near enough. Now of course he may know that he hasnt got enough and the target is to finish as high as possible, but if MON is being judged on a top 4 finish then he faces an almost impossible task to sustain a challenge on the budget he has

I'm not sure I would want Joe Cole - just not convinced due to his lack of action over the last two years and I view him as an expensive gamble - but if we did want him a £5m signing on fee (equates to c.£25k p.w.) and £65k p.w. would be within our structure I think so could be done. I'm guessing that this is how Plop have thought of it.

Can someone just please tell me who pete fraser is and how if he says James Milner wants to leave, then it means James Milner wants to leave?

Exactly what i was thinking, who is this guy?? And where are the quotes???

Can someone just please tell me who pete fraser is and how if he says James Milner wants to leave, then it means James Milner wants to leave?

Use your common sense, isn't obvious? He's a Sky Sports reporter, presumably out in Ireland at the moment.

11.45am - Just got back from training and about to upload some pictures from this morning's session. Manager Martin O'Neill and Ireland's very own Richard Dunne will be facing the media shortly [DH]

From the OS. seems it come out at that press conference.

I think if you look back, Villa CEO approached Milner BEFORE he went to World Cup to try and get a verbal agreement and from there came the outcome he does not want to discuss, but like i said Villa themselves have done nothing in terms of transfers in and out to persuade Milner that we really want to challenge for a top 4 spot, we will always be remembered as the nearly club, a few players short. The amount of times i have heard that over the years, its becoming tiring.

I kind of agree with you there. I was thinking yesterday. We havent got 90,000 a week to pay Joe Cole.

BUT, Liverpool certainly havent got it. Now obviously Liverpool are a bigger club than we are, but why have we never got the balls to to take a risk. Im all for, not bankrupting the club, but you definately have to speculate to accumulate, and for me, if Randy lerner really wants champions league football, he isnt risking anywhere near enough. Now of course he may know that he hasnt got enough and the target is to finish as high as possible, but if MON is being judged on a top 4 finish then he faces an almost impossible task to sustain a challenge on the budget he has

I'm not sure I would want Joe Cole - just not convinced due to his lack of action over the last two years and I view him as an expensive gamble - but if we did want him a £5m signing on fee (equates to c.£25k p.w.) and £65k p.w. would be within our structure I think so could be done. I'm guessing that this is how Plop have thought of it.

I was using Joe cole more as an example as im not even sure he was on our radar anyway.

But the overall idea that we seem reluctant to spend the relevant amount of money to finish top 4 means that I will be even more happier wioth a top 6 finish next season

Very tedious now and I am surprised that we have let this drag on. We need Milner to put up or shut up and Citeh to pay what we want or clear off. I can't believe that Mancini is being continually allowed to speak about Milner without sanction. What does constitute tapping up in today's football ..... even forcing someone to wear your jersey is not seen as such??