• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call bullshit. You putting forward suggestions that Sidwell would be Milner's replacement as if we wouldn't go into the market to replace him is nothing but fishing for an argument. And if it is actually your opinion that Sidwell would be his replacement - after all, you say you have a different opinion - then the rules of the site prevent me from saying what you are.

Who is more likely to leave at the moment Milner or Sidwell?

I surpose its what you think in regard to that.

I think Milner will leave more than Sidwell will, thus Milner leaving will result in who taking his place?

Surely Sidwell is the obvious choice, as he has done when Milner was subbed or moved to the wing last season, is that not correct? I cannot remember for sure.

Obviously a replacement could be signed, but currently is not so at this point in time it is most likely going to be Sidwell.

I guess some people are just born to moan, it's in there nature, maybe they should walk around with a smile every now and again and try and think positive for once.....

Or just have a different opinion?

A different opinion and a moan are completely different.

A moan is a bit like a Vuvuzela......a loud drone that becomes annoying after a while!

Prick.

And so it begins, how about we dont start pages of insults aimed at him?

Lol, sorry, you are right.

I did try to think of something more usefull, but that was a good summarisation of my feelings.

I don't want to get into a battle with you Trent

Likewise and while I argue the toss on events on here with people its never a battle or personal.

"I'm not actually convinced O'Neill is responsible for Milner's development to be honest, I think that is down to Milner. All O'Neill is responsible for is giving him a better stage and a chance to play in the middle the rest is down to the player himself who is supposed to be one of the most dedicated players around."

I conceed the use of 'all' was poor and on reflection a little dismissive of O'Neill's role. I do though stand behind the belief that the player himself is mostly responsible. We will I guess have to just agree to disagree on that one.

It's not down to the likes of myself to 'pigeonhole' you as being anti or pro O Neill, it's each posters own comments that dictate that.....

Even when you are saying you aren't trying to pigeonhole opinions you are doing that very thing. Just because someone is critical of O'Neill doesn't make them anit O'Neill and just because someone is supportive of him on something doesn't make them pro O'Neill.

I'm neither thing, I'm just a supporter who sometimes agrees with the actions of the manager and sometimes doesn't.

Fair enough Trent, I apologise.

Prick.

Yep let's all follow your lead and save the insults and digs for people who want to do well for this club.

**** him if he wants to go, like Barry before I don't think we will miss him that much.

Who is more likely to leave at the moment Milner or Sidwell?

The discussion was over IF Milner leaves, so in that sense Milner is already gone for the purposes of the discussion. Sidwell has been deciding between Fulham and West Ham. If Fulham don't want him then I'd say West Ham will get him. Either way, even if Sidwell is here next season, MON has consistently shown that he doesn't trust him in the side, with how sparingly he has used him (and any sub).

If we end up with £25m for Milner then you can't tell me we won't use some of that to bring in a Milner replacement. If you do think we won't replace him and will instead use a player from the playing squad that hardly played last season then you must have zero faith in O'Neill to the point where you will offer preposterous scenarios in your quest to put him down.

Obviously a replacement could be signed, but currently is not so currently at this point in time it is most likely going to be Sidwell.

You can't hypothesise a situation where Milner has left the club then conveniently use 'currently' to pick his replacement. If he leaves then the situation changes. After all, "currently" he is a Villa player.

Prick.

Yep let's all follow your lead and save the insults and digs for people who want to do well for this club.

**** him if he wants to go, like Barry before I don't think we will miss him that much.

Find where i have ever called a Villa player a prick...

Helpful as ever BJ.

my opinion of milner has just gone through the floor, i thought he would've stayed tbh.

I can't see why he wants to go play for a team that has an already overcrowded midfield (apart from the money of course) and i don't understand why we are going to sell our best player to a team that have been fighting for the same league position as us.

Just don't make any sense..

This aint nothing new, lets be honest we all new this after his comments pre-World Cup.

Many have been saying that we 'know' nothing and that Milner has said he'll talk when he comes back. I can see that they were only trying to be definitive rather than attempting to read between the lines and risk coming to the wrong conclusion. It would appear that those who were reading between the lines were right though.