• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thiinking about this possible team at work today:

--------------------Agbonlahor--------------------------

--------------------------R. Keane----------------------

young-----------Ireland-------Carrick------------Bentley

Warnock--------Dunne--------Collins----------M. Richards

--------------------------Friedel---------------------------

Wow, two central midfielders who aren't as good as our current central midfielders, a striker who isn't as good as our current striker and a passable right-side with the combined IQ of a tractor tyre.

Be still my beating heart.

Carrick is better than petrov, lets be honest. He`s had a poor season but he`s definatly better than Petrov. Ireland is pretty good, not too far off Milner atm when playing well. I`m not a massive fan of Richards but as rb he`s decent. I don`t trust him at cb yet but at rb he`s ok.

Osbourne on 38k a week net? Got to be having a laugh. Either you are or MON is anyway.

month not week eejit ! :D

Which for Osbourne is 40k pm too much

Ah sorry read it wrong. Too much for him but I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyway I'd probably take £30 million for Milner.

Osbourne on 38k a week net? Got to be having a laugh. Either you are or MON is anyway.

month not week eejit ! :D

Which for Osbourne is 40k pm too much

Eboue.

Heh heh.

eh? Apart from the strangeness of the post, theres nothing funny about Eboue, a top class right back and a very good winger on a par with Milner (on the wing).

Back on topic, if we take a penny less than £25 mill i wont be happy, and going from what Man City paid for others we should be aiming for £30 million. I still think we didnt milk Man City enough for Barry...

Milner is a very good player, and by far the most talented player we have. He still seems to be improving year on year and he is still young.

That being said, it sounds like we could use the money. We could do alot with 30mill added to what we had already budgeted, im just worried about how MON would spend it...

Carrick is better than petrov,

lets be honest.

No, no he isn't.

:P:crylaugh:

Now this is EXACTLY what I am talking about. thinking other players aren't as good as ours, just coz they don't play for us.

Lets put this simply.

Michael Carrick has been at Man U since 2006

Since this time he has played (league games - remember 38 games - 33, 31, 28 and 30

Of those he has missed he has mainly been either injured or suspended.

Therefore Michael Carrick has been the MAIN Man Utd central Midfielder in the three most successful years in Englands most successful club in history.

He has won 3 league championships, 1 Euro Cup , A world club championship, and most heartbreaking - a League Cup.

And there are people on here that think Petrov is better than him !!! :D

Put it this way, if Milner was at Man U for the last three years - do you think he had have acheived 188 appearences !!!!!!

I keep saying it - will somebody PLEAAAAASE listen

Alex Fergusun doesn't play you 188 times , in virtually every game INCLUDING a Champions League Final if you are shit !!!!

Now please grow up !!!!

im just worried about how MON would spend it...

why though?

there seems to be some misconception on these boards that he is shite in the transfer market, then those who claim go on and point out that he bought harewood and heskey etc.

But we've improved every year, and he has replaced players successfully, there is nothing to suggest this trend wouldn't continue.

He's just slow as ****, but he generally makes the right choice even if they are underwhelming at the time.

Now please grow up !!!!

Eboue.

Hilarious stuff.

Yeah - hilarious, the right back that plays for Arsenal - probably the 2nd best footballing side in Europe, finished 3 places above us, was only a fwe points off the league

Appearences for this unbelievable side that we can't even dream of geting near

119 appearances

But hey, of course Arsene Wenger, proclaimed a genius by anybody who knows football plays a totally shit player 119 times in 3 years, including YET AGAIN a Champions League final

You are just making yourself look a complete tit do you know that

Tell you what. The day Luke Young , Carlos Cueller, Stewart Downing (who are the positions Eboue plays) play in a Champions League final.

I'll come up and clean your whole house naked with a toothbrush up my arse - how about that ?

EDIT

Forgot to mention the 50 caps for a country that has as good as chance as England of winning the World Cup this year

Yeah - utter hilarious how I think he's a good player !

This transfer is never gonna happen unless absolute ridiculous money, and i couldnt see milner wanting to go there anyway he doesnt seem the type of lad whos in it fror the money and lets face it we are a bigger club than city and are knocking on the door of silverware.

Man U coming in for him could be a different story though...

I think we should have a plan B it isnt going to be up to anyone else but James if he stays with us, fantastic, but incase he does decide to leave, we should push this deal even further so it benefits Aston Villa, 30 million plus a couple of their players would do it for me.

Now please grow up !!!!

Eboue.

Hilarious stuff.

Yeah - hilarious, the right back that plays for Arsenal - probably the 2nd best footballing side in Europe, finished 3 places above us, was only a fwe points off the league

Appearences for this unbelievable side that we can't even dream of geting near

119 appearances

But hey, of course Arsene Wenger, proclaimed a genius by anybody who knows football plays a totally shit player 119 times in 3 years, including YET AGAIN a Champions League final

You are just making yourself look a complete tit do you know that

Tell you what. The day Luke Young , Carlos Cueller, Stewart Downing (who are the positions Eboue plays) play in a Champions League final.

I'll come up and clean your whole house naked with a toothbrush up my arse - how about that ?

EDIT

Forgot to mention the 50 caps for a country that has as good as chance as England of winning the World Cup this year

Eboue plays right midfield and rarely ever starts for Arsenal anymore. Stop looking at the stats and watch the players. Just because he plays for Arsenal doesn't automatically mean he's better than any Villa player.

Or do you honestly believe that Almunia is better than Friedel, Silvestre is better than Dunne. Denilson better than Milner, Rosicky better than Young, Bendtner better than Agbonlahor?

Hence Man City's £20m bid for him.

Oh, hang on...

What a complete and utter STUPID STUPID STUPID statement

Sorry but that has got to be the most ridiculous statement ever made on Villatalk - and I've been accused of a few.

So , lets get this right. James Milner must be better than Eboue because Man City want to buy Milner for 20m and don't want to buy Eboue ? - do I get this right.

Therefore, and I think I understand here - Craig Bellamy must be better than Wayne Rooney - because Man City signed him instead.

Or maybe, Nigel de Jong , is better than Frank Lampard and Ronaldo as Man City bought him instead of them.

Fecking unbelievably ridiculous. Sorry to ask - are you 6 ?

:clap:

Stop judging players on who they play for for Godness sake. Just judge them on their ability.

Paulanddonya, you can't just automatically say that because someone plays for Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea that they are better than Villa players.

Infact, we finished above Liverpool does that make Heskey better than Torres because he plays for a club doing better? No of course it doesn't.

Man United, Chelsea would love to have Milner but they also would love to lots of other players and to be fair, Milner will be one of the most over-priced players they can go for so I doubt they will move for him when there are other options available. Just because they might not go for Milner doesn't suddenly mean everyone one of United's players are better than Man United players.

Is Diouf better than Agbonlahor? according to you, he is.

Stop judging players on who they play for for Godness sake. Just judge them on their ability.

Paulanddonya, you can't just automatically say that because someone plays for Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea that they are better than Villa players.

Infact, we finished above Liverpool does that make Heskey better than Torres because he plays for a club doing better? No of course it doesn't.

Man United, Chelsea would love to have Milner but they also would love to lots of other players and to be fair, Milner will be one of the most over-priced players they can go for so I doubt they will move for him when there are other options available. Just because they might not go for Milner doesn't suddenly mean everyone one of United's players are better than Man United players.

Is Diouf better than Agbonlahor? according to you, he is.

JESSSSSSSSUS

Here is the point

If someone (lets say Jonathan Greening) plays 15 games for Man Utd, then gets sold, it is fair to say, he isn't to a standard that Man U expect

Michael Carrick has played 188 times for Man Utd.

Is this hard to understand - you do not play 188 times for a club like Man Utd if you are not top class.

Man Utd are the creme de la creme - along with Barca and Real - they buy players, some players dont work - they get shot of quickly (Forlan perfect example)

Michael Carrick has played 188 times for Man Utd - how many other players have played 188 times for Man Utd ? - go on.

You only play 188 times for a club like Man U if you are TOP CLASS.

Honestly, do you think after all this time, Alex Fergusun is that stupid ?