• £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes me laugh it realdoes.

I hate to disappoint you - but Carrick IS AS GOOD AS MILNER !!

100 and odd appearences for Man U

a Champions League winners medal

3 league titles

Various other trophies and England caps

Alex Fergusun splashing out 18 million on him

and on all that - would have achieved a lot more if he hadn't had a career threatening injury

Tells me he is !!!

maybe Milner WILL be better - but mate - at this point - he ain't !

It was the same two years ago - I laughed my ass off when people were on here saying Wes Brown was no better than Zat Knight :D

Milner is potentially very very good, but just look through the match threads on here and you will see he is not the finished article by a long chalk.

Now don't get me wrong. I see an attitude in Milner that I see in the top class players like Rooney - so I think he WILL be better than Carrick.

But he isn't at the moment.

And the stats , medals, appearances and the clubs they play for prove me right !

Clearly he does have an agent:

Brum mail a few weeks ago

With Manchester United and Manchester City reportedly interested in Milner, O’Neill was asked if Villa needed to get the player’s signature on a new deal immediately.

“No, I don’t think that that’s important,” replied the manager.

“I know James and his agent pretty well. I know those things.

This makes me laugh it realdoes.

I hate to disappoint you - but Carrick IS AS GOOD AS MILNER !!

100 and odd appearences for Man U

a Champions League winners medal

3 league titles

Various other trophies and England caps

Alex Fergusun splashing out 18 million on him

and on all that - would have achieved a lot more if he hadn't had a career threatening injury

Tells me he is !!!

maybe Milner WILL be better - but mate - at this point - he ain't !

It was the same two years ago - I laughed my ass off when people were on here saying Wes Brown was no better than Zat Knight :D

Milner is potentially very very good, but just look through the match threads on here and you will see he is not the finished article by a long chalk.

Now don't get me wrong. I see an attitude in Milner that I see in the top class players like Rooney - so I think he WILL be better than Carrick.

But he isn't at the moment.

And the stats , medals, appearances and the clubs they play for prove me right !

Milner and Carrick should not be compared.

Yes Carrick has been successful and at times has been a good player but he is not the same sort of player as Milner.He would do a job for us next to Milner.

There is no way we can consider him a direct replacement for Milner just can't see Carrick scoring and creating anywhere near the same number of goals.

Also there must be a reason why he is no longer good enough for Manure or their fans.

Which is why I said.

If you could get 24m plus either Carrick or Hargreaves (Hargreaves would be the choice as he is a direct replacement for Petrov only much much better, but you need to consider if he will ever play)

Then go and buy Ireland with 8m of that 24m, who is a direct replacement - we have a potentially better midfield with still 16m left over.

As I said, its the Berbatov situation isn't it. If you sell your star and replace him better using the money - all is well.

However, (and I know all I will get is "improvement" and I am not disputing that, its just my opinion) , I could just see 24m worth of "value" players like Carlton Cole being bought.

You can use as many capital letters as you like, Carrick isnt as good as Milner. Not now and certainly not in the future.

All your stats tell me is that Man Utd are better than we are. Well thats not news.

And Fergie paid £30m+ on Berbatov and Veron. So what?

Carrick is a gutless wonder who does nothing but pass to the nearest player whether he's marked or not and mill about the centre circle.

He's a good passer, I'll say that. But thats it. Milner is faster, smarter, provides more goals and assists, more energy, more determination... the list goes on and on.

Thats why Milner is being talked about going to allsorts for massive fees and Carrick... isnt.

Errrr..

I don't !

People on here are saying 30m and no less for Milner.

So going on that, and bear in mind Carrick and Hargreaves (given their injuries) will be probably worth around 6-8m - and the fact the likes of Berbatov and Tevez probably set the bench mark of 30m for the "Premier League's up and coming star player)

Then common sense is that is probably where we would be looking in the region at.

If Man U, Man City, Lyon,Trabsonspor, or anyone for that matter won't pay that - then he won't be moving will he !

Now why are you arguing ? Coz all I am going on is the report above that Man City have bid, but Chelsea and Man U are monitoring the situation !

You can use as many capital letters as you like, Carrick isnt as good as Milner. Not now and certainly not in the future.

All your stats tell me is that Man Utd are better than we are. Well thats not news.

And Fergie paid £30m+ on Berbatov and Veron. So what?

Carrick is a gutless wonder who does nothing but pass to the nearest player whether he's marked or not and mill about the centre circle.

He's a good passer, I'll say that. But thats it. Milner is faster, smarter, provides more goals and assists, more energy, more determination... the list goes on and on.

Thats why Milner is being talked about going to allsorts for massive fees and Carrick... isnt.

Yes - difference my friend is those players didn't play 120 times in 4 yrs for them (and that is with a career threatening injury as well)

Which means for 4 yrs, and that is the most successful four years in Man Utd's history - he has been, when fit, their first choice central midfielder.

Now, sorry to disappoint you, Alex Fergusun does not pick you that many times if you are crap !

And lets just look at this from an impartial point of view shall we.

For all I love Milner, and am a Villa fan - what exactly has Milner done to be worth this adulation at the moment.

7 England caps (all in friendlies)

No medals

1 young player of the year - an award that was won not long ago by a guy I can't remember the name of, who was playing for Everton, was sold that summer to one of the big 4 - Arsenal - was crap there and was never heard of again. I am sure he is in Div 2 at the moment but for the life of me can't remember his name ! - anyone help ?

and , remember, he is 24 - that is older than the likes of Rooney, Walcott, Lennon, Hart , Fabregas, virtually all the Arsenal players, and many of the Chelsea players like Kalou and Malouda- that have acheived much more in their career in a shorter amount of time.

Milner is good , but he certainly isn't great.

And lets face it, if Carrick, Barry, Hargreaves were all fit, he probably wouldn;t be going to the World Cup.

Now luck has been on his side, and he is, and hopefully, he will be like David Platt when he is there.

But Milner is being hyped up at the moment for something he isn't.

He is good, but he is not great - and at 24, going on 25, he won't get "that" much better.

He's not crap, he's just been hidden amongst very good teams and now he's being found out.

He cant get away with just giving the ball to Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes and Giggs anymore. You need to have a bit more about you than that.

I just had a peek at the Actim stats. Milner appears in the top 5 midfielders and 11th overall. I stopped looking for Carrick after 100.

As for not going to the world cup if all those players were fit. Rubbish.

Capello said Milner was the future of England didn't he? Must rate him quite highly then.

1 young player of the year - an award that was won not long ago by a guy I can't remember the name of, who was playing for Everton, was sold that summer to one of the big 4 - Arsenal - was crap there and was never heard of again. I am sure he is in Div 2 at the moment but for the life of me can't remember his name ! - anyone help ?

The fox in the box- Frannie Jeffers

BINGO - thats the fella.

Ta for that - where is he now. I am sure I saw him score for someone like Torquay the other week !

BINGO - thats the fella.

Ta for that - where is he now. I am sure I saw him score for someone like Torquay the other week !

i think it's bristol City.

Carrick played a good role for United but the problem is that in the last season he was very poor.

That is why he is being turned against, that is why there is some talk, not much, of him leaving.

But even at his best he was a low key player, occasionally popping up with a goal or a stellar pass, compared to the all action, game changing play of Milner.

Oh I see

Fergusun plays a crap player because he can hide behind others.

Feck me, how on earth he won 30 odd trophies is beyond me !

You really are taking the biscuit do you know that :D

I didn't say he was crap, just very limited. And I'm not questioning Fergie who I rate as the best manager ever but it doesnt mean anybody who has played for him is ace. I'm talking about Carrick in isolation and in this instance, Carrick vs Milner.

The point being, Milner is a much better player than Carrick.