• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

I'm really concerned that when the World Cup comes around my hatred of some of the disgraceful characters that make up the England side is going to mean I find it difficult to support them.

I'm already there because of Gerrard.

The thought of that vile little prick lifting the WC makes me feel sick (and he could be captain at tournament time)

More of the FA's double standards for us to try to understand.

I don't know how I'll feel nearer the time, but now I just hope for a quick England exit.

Hmmm

What can you say.

It was such a good day out it is hard to actually give an assessment as I was too wrapped up in it all.

Yes it was a clear penalty - there is (and more inexplicable was) no doubt. You could see it was clear from 100 yrds away, how the hell the ref couldn't see it is beyond me,

Yes it was a sending off However, less clear cut. To be honest, I didn't see it at the match and couldn't understand how he wasn't sending Deco off.

And yes, we were unlucky, we played great for 60 mins, and were clearly the best side.

Then you have the other side.

It was same old same old Villa.

Play well for an hour, dominating the game without ever looking close to scoring, the midfield gets knackered, and they capitalise.

Martin O'Neill (and about 5 people on here) are the only ones who can't see it.

This game was the exact carbon copy of Arsenal at the Emirates. As soon as they brought on Kalou in midfield to give them fresh legs, we should have done the same, probably take Carew off, put Sidwell on (or Delph) and go 4-5-1 - match them.

But the manager can't see (or won't accept) what everyone in this country can see (and is now being pointed out by the opposition).

So yes we were unlucky, but we were undone by the managers inability to see and react to the obvious.

And lets face it. It is now 8.30pm on Sunday - and if we were still playing now, we still wouldn't have scored !.

I thought they gave their all and can ask no more of the players. Just a shame the manager isn't tactically astute enough to give them a hand.

The fans were absolutely magnificent. I think that was probably the best atmosphere I've been in in 35 yrs of going the Villa. Superb.

ANd Spurs losing is a bonus !!!!

Look at it this way = when you've waited 53 years - whats another !

Hmmm

What can you say.

It was such a good day out it is hard to actually give an assessment as I was too wrapped up in it all.

Yes it was a clear penalty - there is (and more inexplicable was) no doubt. You could see it was clear from 100 yrds away, how the hell the ref couldn't see it is beyond me,

Yes it was a sending off However, less clear cut. To be honest, I didn't see it at the match and couldn't understand how he wasn't sending Deco off.

And yes, we were unlucky, we played great for 60 mins, and were clearly the best side.

Then you have the other side.

It was same old same old Villa.

Play well for an hour, dominating the game without ever looking close to scoring, the midfield gets knackered, and they capitalise.

Martin O'Neill (and about 5 people on here) are the only ones who can't see it.

This game was the exact carbon copy of Arsenal at the Emirates. As soon as they brought on Kalou in midfield to give them fresh legs, we should have done the same, probably take Carew off, put Sidwell on (or Delph) and go 4-5-1 - match them.

But the manager can't see (or won't accept) what everyone in this country can see (and is now being pointed out by the opposition).

So yes we were unlucky, but we were undone by the managers inability to see and react to the obvious.

And lets face it. It is now 8.30pm on Sunday - and if we were still playing now, we still wouldn't have scored !.

I thought they gave their all and can ask no more of the players. Just a shame the manager isn't tactically astute enough to give them a hand.

The fans were absolutely magnificent. I think that was probably the best atmosphere I've been in in 35 yrs of going the Villa. Superb.

ANd Spurs losing is a bonus !!!!

Look at it this way = when you've waited 53 years - whats another !

I agree with alot of this.

i think the point is that mon doesnt give the players that he has the best chance of competing, not that the defeat is the managers fault.

Sorry what do you mean by that?

you were attacking another post, i said what i feel the other poster was trying to convey, in an albeit over-the-top way. if you dont get what i mean then ignore it i'm not going to spell it out or draw pictures.

Thats great respond with a point and then don't explain it - well done

The OP was clearly indicating the defeat WAS the manager's fault and you seem to agree by saying that MON doesn't give his players 'the best chance of competing'

Now draw **** pictures if you like but explain what you mean by that statement

dont get all fcking sweary @rsey aggressive fella. the point is, we didnt play as well as we could have done and THAT is mons fault for all of the very well documented reasons that have been discussed to death, ie not playing a right back, players knackered, etcetcetc.

had we done absolutely everything possible all through the season so that the entire squad, club, support, pitch, kit man and tea lady were at the peak of their performance for that one single game...we would quite probably still have lost because chelsea are a better team. hence the point: it isnt the managers fault that we lost, but it is his fault that the players werent given the best chance of competing in the game.

mon was given the handy smokescreen of complaining about decisions to divert attention away from the fact that he has a squad who are fading rapidly due in no small measure to the fact that he hasnt rotated them (in many peoples opinion) so as to get the best out of them throughout the entire season, and that he has no tactical "plan-b" other than taking off carew and putting heskey on. as it is the entire post match debate and press coverage has been focussed on the referee, not mons tactical weaknesses or poor use of players.

if you dont agree fine, its all about opinions but if you can refrain from getting all "fùcking explain yourself" next time then the internet will be just a tiny bit more pleasant to use for everyone.

The Terry challenge was hard to see at the game from the stands, however with the ref being 5 yards away and booking him which indicates he saw it, is a disgrace. The ball ran loose for Petrov who was then brought down by Deco, i was calling for him to be sent off!

Deco elbowed Petrov in the head !

As clear a sending off as you will ever see considering he was already on a yellow.

Was it a blatant elbow, like intentional or just a flail of the arm? I haven't wanted to watch the highlights to be honest so haven't seen it.

Dont know the laws of the game that well but does it matter ?

He had already blew up for the Terry foul so presumably it doesn't count.

I can understand if it was a dead ball and Deco just turned and "whacked" Petrov, but this was a (hows the best way to put it) a footballing tussle after the whistle had already blown.

I presume I am correct, as, if I am not, he would have walked.

ok my twopenniesworth.....

I totally agree with MON's interview after the game _ I don't mind losing to a better team but to have two very bad refereeing decisions go against you only 6 weeks after another shocking one is a disgrace.

However with my sensible head on......

To sub Carew with Heskey was a complete joke, taking downing off as well and putting delph and the Fonz on would have made much more sense.

I have been to Wembley 4 times in the last ten years..

Semi Final Cup 2000 v Bolton

Final 2000 v Chelsea

Carling Cup Final v Utd

Semi Final Fa Cup 2010 v Chelsea

I have yet to see Villa score from open play. I am sorry but unless we buy better players e.g. a quality striker which we've waited 3 years for then as a friend send to me recently Villa are always going to be the 'nearly men'.

To make matter worse it looks increasingly likely that smug git Barry might get his dream of CL football after all :-(

I can understand if it was a dead ball and Deco just turned and "whacked" Petrov, but this was a (hows the best way to put it) a footballing tussle after the whistle had already blown.

I don't think the elbow was after the whistle. I may have it wrong, but I thought the ref played on after the Terry foul because we retained posession, then the free-kick was given when Deco fouled Petrov? I'm not sure, but I think after-the-whistle incidents are still punishable (I believe Clyne got booked at VP for fouling someone way after the whistle?)

clyne did get booked for a slide tackle after IIRC young was offside anyway

we'll never know will we, would he have sent deco off if it wasnt an advantage? should he have sent him off anyway? personally if he wasnt going to send terry off for that there was no way he was going to send deco off for his cynical foul

same as after the LC, MON has said something in his interview that the FA stamp their feet over, if he's right then nothing will be siad, if he's wrong the FA will fine him, after the LC nothing was said...

same as after the LC, MON has said something in his interview that the FA stamp their feet over, if he's right then nothing will be siad, if he's wrong the FA will fine him, after the LC nothing was said...

Yep, it's a real shame. It seems the FA don't really care about the performance of the referees as long as the game gets played.

You are 99.5% wrong (that's how sure I am)

Webb waved play on, then booked terry but not deco.

You are 99.5% wrong (that's how sure I am)

Webb waved play on, then booked terry but not deco.

He did play on.

thats what i was asking, if terry hadnt fouled jimmy and that wasnt advantage being played, and deco made that cynical foul on stan, do you have confidence that webb would have made the right decision and sent him off? or has webb seen 2 players going for stan, knew he wasnt getting passed them and turned away back towards terry? missing deco flooring him

or has webb seen 2 players going for stan, knew he wasnt getting passed them and turned away back towards terry?

No, I have just watched it back and Petrov has been floored and Webb blows the whistle only then. He definitely saw the foul.

From another angle he gets nowhere near the ball

11vitko.gif

Terry's disgrace. From this angle, Terry was not trying to get the ball. From the other angle, watch the ref. He was in good position to see what happened.

I hope Pompey will show Chelsea that David can beat Goliath.