Are you excited about the next trip to Wembley?

barry'sboots

Are you excited about Chelsea vs Villa in the FA Cup?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about Chelsea vs Villa in the FA Cup?

• Yes, can't wait.
    • Going but not that excited about it.
    • Not going.

i would be if it wasnt for the CC final, im literally in financial ruin after my wembley weekend, so this one will be an easy coach trip one dayer

also cant get my ticket till the 29th so not looking forward to my expensive seat on my own in the non singing areas no doubt

I can already imagine eventual Champions league matches in a half empty Villa Park, despite the overwhelming desire to get there. The club might be in a fight for 4th, and they might get it, but we, as fans, do not deserve a Champions League team, or a Wembley appearance for that matter.

I can already imagine eventual Champions league matches in a half empty Villa Park, despite the overwhelming desire to get there. The club might be in a fight for 4th, and they might get it, but we, as fans, do not deserve a Champions League team, or a Wembley appearance for that matter.

Someone said this a week or so ago and I strongly disagreed. Having read this thread, I now see what they were getting at!!

Yeah well if we get soemone like Barcelona most people won't turn up becuase they think we might lose.

I just don't get it. So it is at Wembley. So What????. Lets make the most of it. Cos let me tell ya, it could be another 10 years before were there again.

Woody - thats great if you can afford it good luck to ya

Lack of funds is a genuine excuse, and a very acceptable one

At no point have you indicated you werent going because you cant afford it.

The argument isn't about lack of money it's about people that say they aren't gonig due to recent frustrating performances, or that they think we might or lose.

The other was not going purely because it is at Wembley, not for financial reasons but because they feel it shouldn't be at Wembley. Whilst I agree it shouldn't be there and takes the gloss off getting there to the final, it is not enough to detract me from going and showing my support.

I'd also like to clarify that I am excited that we are in a semi final, 90 minutes from a final and a genuine trip to Wembley. I'm just not excited that the semi is going to be at Wembley.

I just don't get it. So it is at Wembley. So What????. Lets make the most of it. Cos let me tell ya, it could be another 10 years before were there again.

People dont need exuses not to go to a football game - There are a myriad of reasons why people dont go. Kick off time, geography, travel, expense....the list is endless. I've got to find the best part of £2k for following Villa in the next month or so, with ST's etc.

I also have other interests outside of football like macrame.

People dont need exuses not to go to a football game - There are a myriad of reasons why people dont go. Kick off time, geography, travel, expense....the list is endless. I've got to find the best part of £2k for following Villa in the next month or so, with ST's etc.

I also have other interests outside of football like macrame.

Exactly

And people dont need excuses, you are right!!!

But people are giving excuses on here, that are poor and quite disappointing in all honesty

Looking at some of the reasons people give for not wanting to go, I'm not too unhappy that you won't be there because you all seem very lukewarm about supporting Villa in an FA semi-final. Must say I find that a bit bizarre.

I would kill to go but can't because I'm not a ST holder.

Exactly

But people are giving excuses on here, that are poor and quite disappointing in all honesty

I know wgere you're coming from I used to be like you.

Of course i'm excited about Villa in the semi final, my left knee and my bad back are not.

Expense (which you're right I should have explained) is probabaly by far the greatest reason for not going. we only got 37k on Saturday and money was the reason.

Its a semi final and some may have half an eye on a final. Did you go to the CC final because quite frankly Wembley was one hell of a disappointment.

I cannot wait. The last trip just whetted the appetite for success - I think we will win. I think people on here seem to be very lukewarm about supporting the Villa, not just in an FA Cup semi-final. really not sure what is going on in all honesty.

Did you go to the CC final because quite frankly Wembley was one hell of a disappointment.

I liked Wembley, served beer quickly at half time and before the game, had a cracking view and the atmophere where I was sitting was good.

I know that getting away afterwards was meant to be a nightmare but I did pretty well and was back at a pub in Old Street with by before 6.

Did you go to the CC final because quite frankly Wembley was one hell of a disappointment.

I liked Wembley, served beer quickly at half time and before the game, had a cracking view and the atmophere where I was sitting was good.

I know that getting away afterwards was meant to be a nightmare but I did pretty well and was back at a pub in Old Street with by before 6.

there's been conflicting accounts of the service, like me, I waited for the whole of half time for £8 fish and chips and didnt get any (much to the amusement of the lad).

In block 138 which was OK but the whole day cost me £350!!

Exactly

I know wgere you're coming from I used to be like you.

Of course i'm excited about Villa in the semi final, my left knee and my bad back are not.

Expense (which you're right I should have explained) is probabaly by far the greatest reason for not going. we only got 37k on Saturday and money was the reason.

Its a semi final and some may have half an eye on a final. Did you go to the CC final because quite frankly Wembley was one hell of a disappointment.

I didn't because I couldnt get a ticket. And I wont be able to go to the FA cup final for the same reasons (if we get through). And thats fair because I am not a season ticket holder. But I would expect that season ticket holders (who sometimes unfairly have a grumble at every man and his dog trying to get a ticket to a final) come up with better excuses not to go to a semi final than, it shunt be at wembley or wel probly lose or wembley's difficult to get out of. Id kill for a chance to go

there's been conflicting accounts of the service, like me, I waited for the whole of half time for £8 fish and chips and didnt get any (much to the amusement of the lad).

In block 138 which was OK but the whole day cost me £350!!

Anyone who gets food at half-time is mental!! Tried it once. Missed 20mins of the 2nd half. Never doing it again