Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

Brilliant game. Haven't gotten that far into it yet, but I've really enjoy every minute of it so far. In the GTA games, I was always a bit put off doing the "small stuff" outside of the main story since I always seemed to end up being chased by the police after accidentally driving over some random pedestrian or something like that. In RDR it really is a joy to ride out into the wild looking for stuff to do. :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some people in reviews said they didn't get too much emotion from the main character (john) therefore the story as a whole was let down by the fact. But I was the opposite, which made the game even more epic than it would have been otherwise.

I took my time between missions so it did feel like the game was better for it.

still struck by the ending, brilliant way to end the game.

the main story line yeah.

Nice. I only ask because quite a few people seem to miss the... I guess it's an epilogue.

Potential SPOILER.... I dunno

that made the game and with the track they used for the credits, it actually gave me a bit of a lump in my throat. especially with the fan made videos on YouTube. One guy has done an awesome job with that track.

Soooo im trying to get get 100% completion on the game, and im stuck at roughly 98.7% . Ive done all the story missions, all the stranger missions, got all the outfits (apart from legend of west obviously), and all the challenges. Ive basically done everything and theres nothing left on the map to do.

Any ideas?

Soooo im trying to get get 100% completion on the game, and im stuck at roughly 98.7% . Ive done all the story missions, all the stranger missions, got all the outfits (apart from legend of west obviously), and all the challenges. Ive basically done everything and theres nothing left on the map to do.

Any ideas?

This should help, full list (with %s) for 100% completion

As a stab in the dark, seems you need to do some bounties though at least.

:thumb:

Sort of Spoiler for those who haven't seen credits

awesome track. Not many games produce a reaction of positive or negative emotions for me with the soundtrack. The one before this was the Faunts track played at the end of Mass Effect. That got you pumped for the next one.

this one perfectly sums up Red Dead perfectly.

Coming up on the Trojanesque assault on Fort Mercer and I'm completely hooked on this game. I haven't managed any massive spells of continuous play, but I want to go back the second I turn it off. i like the GTA games, but this is Rockstars real masterpiece.

Spoilers again.

this one is pretty awesome. very well made

Excellent track and awesome video he must have spent hours putting that together.

Preferred the song Far away as you ride into Mexico, so unexpected.

Im just about to have my first encounter with Irish, how far in am i now?

I'd say about half way mate

IIRC if you stick to just the main missions then you'll get to the end of the story at about 60% completion. Have a look in your stats at your completion percentage.

Irish isnt even half way is it? Mexico is by far the longest part of the game (or at least if feels like it) and you do quite a few missions with Irish before you make it across the border.

Irish isnt even half way is it? Mexico is by far the longest part of the game (or at least if feels like it) and you do quite a few missions with Irish before you make it across the border.

I'm in Mexico and I've just said goodbye to LR and I have a feeling that I have some ways to go before I'm done with the main story. If Irish truly were the half-way mark then I should probably be done rather soon, which I doubt.

Yeah, those are my thoughts. My initial reaction was Irish is near the start, though it's been a couple of months since I played. On reflection, its probably just under a third of the way into the game. Obviously it depends on what side quests you do, but if you are only at Irish you have loads still to do.

Irish would be a about a third the way through, Rev is right there I think.

Saying that, whilst there is loads to go still, it isn't the most difficult of games so you could go through it pretty damn quickly if you wanted.

I recommend not doing that though as it's a game to really savour.

Iv'e only just got this game and i'm well and truley hooked! The only thing I don't like is the hints in the top right corner are too hard to read, and that's on a 40''! Appart from that it's genious, there's just nothing else like it. Dead eyeye FTW.

Â