Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

Struggling to shoot hats of heads without blowing the brains out, any tips? I seem to have fluked one but wondering if the is a trick to it?

Don't do the 'lock on' style targetting in Dead Eye - i.e. the one where it puts a little cross where you've aimed, you'll always get a headshot when aiming for the hat if you do. You've got to aim manually to hit the hat.

Aim for the rim of the hat if you can.

Try doing it in Mexico. The sombrero wearers give you a much bigger target to aim for. Wear a bandana if you're concerned about honour.

EDIT - Theres a gang that wears big hats as well, they're easier to hit as well, can't quite remember which but they stand out pretty easily, top hat style stuff.

DONE, now how the hell am I supposed to kill a bear with 1 shot? Is there a mega gun somewhere?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100%?

I don't think I can get it, for one of the outfits it says complete "Love is the Opiate stranger mission", which I have, but the circle is not crossed :(

There is other parts to it

Going to try to do a spoilers box!

Wasn't sure about the ending. I quite enjoyed the farm based tasks, but not the Marston dying scenario, I think the game would have been better boxed off with John getting his revenge on the government. Finishing as his son, with all the same gear and money etc just doesn't feel quite right somehow. I also wanted to get to 100% with Marston snr and not jnr, as I'd grown quite attached to him. Not sure I'm going to bother with 100% now.

Bollocks, I killed him after I gave him the money, but it didn't come up that I failed the stranger mission.

Is there any way to replay it?

Don't worry, so did I.

Maybe the mission I'm thinking of is a different one; you have to tame a Hungarian Half-Bred to free a Chinese bloke from slavery.

Bollocks, I killed him after I gave him the money, but it didn't come up that I failed the stranger mission.

Don't worry, so did I.

Maybe the mission I'm thinking of is a different one; you have to tame a Hungarian Half-Bred to free a Chinese bloke from slavery.

I've done every stranger mission, and I haven't done that bit.

How do you replay them?

Don't worry, so did I.

I've done every stranger mission, and I haven't done that bit.

How do you replay them?

I found him in a barn in the Mexican town that begins with M (can't remember it off the top of my head).

I didn't. I played Marston as a fairly 'moral' guy, in that he would follow an eye for an eye, I felt that is son would follow in that vein and only seek vengeance on the man who wronged him, than all his family.?

I didnt kill them. I didnt shoot Captain De Santa either, I left him for the rebels to kill. I probably would have shot his wife if it wasnt for her complaining about the bureau never leaving Ross alone. There was somebody above Ross treating him the same way as Ross treated John. Not his wife's fault, not his brothers fault. Not really Ross'es fault if we are being honest. I didnt take any pleasure in killing Ross tbh, I didnt feel the game needed it.

I didnt kill them. I didnt shoot Captain De Santa either, I left him for the rebels to kill. I probably would have shot his wife if it wasnt for her complaining about the bureau never leaving Ross alone. There was somebody above Ross treating him the same way as Ross treated John. Not his wife's fault, not his brothers fault. Not really Ross'es fault if we are being honest. I didnt take any pleasure in killing Ross tbh, I didnt feel the game needed it.

I gave his wife the full on pump action to the head treatment. They killed my maw and paw!

Â