The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Oh we all know Apple are amazing innovators and have really outdone themselves with the creation of the iPhone. But they outright refuse to make their world open.

Do we all know that? Everything I see is stuff that other providers have had earlier, in many cases, things they make a huge song and dance about have been used on other devices for years (C&P, multi-tasking, voice dialing, MMS). The iPhone has been constantly behind the curve, they're just about catching up, and people can barely prise their lips away from Apple's collective cock. Still, it is shiny.

No doubt they leave these features out deliberately so people buy the new one in 12 months, which all manufacturers seem to do (as well as building them to die just outside of the warranty period). I don't particularly dislike Apple, it just pisses me off that people seem to think it's such a fantastic ground-breaking phone. Where have they been?

It's like Live Nation merging with ticketmaster and now they are buying up venues around the world. So they own the acts music and touring rights, they also sell the tickets and own the venues. Thank god Barack Obama drew attention to this and an antitrust case will be taken against the company.

It may be business but we should not stand for it. Microsoft were taking things too far with the mission to buy out any rival and they were stopped.

In an attempt to get this back on track.

Couple of cool apps I downloaded recently.

Modern Combat: Sandstorm - pretty cool FPS, especially for a phone.

Dump-o-meter - input your salary and hours per week you work, and start the stopwatch when you go for a shit at work and this works out how much you're getting paid to have a shit.

Flick Football (not flick kick football) - fun little free kick game. Pretty addictive!

Dump-o-meter - input your salary and hours per week you work, and start the stopwatch when you go for a shit at work and this works out how much you're getting paid to have a shit.

!

So how much do you make defecating?

I care because people keep buying apple products and so feed this controlling machine that is all about extracting money from their customers. It has a negative effect on the whole industry.

Do you think Samsung, Sony, HTC, Nokia or even Microsoft are any different?

Yes (to all but Microsoft).

Even Microsoft is nowhere near as psychotic about platform control as Apple have [more or less always, post-Woz] been.

I care because people keep buying apple products and so feed this controlling machine that is all about extracting money from their customers. It has a negative effect on the whole industry.

Do you think Samsung, Sony, HTC, Nokia or even Microsoft are any different?

Yes (to all but Microsoft).

Even Microsoft is nowhere near as psychotic about platform control as Apple have [more or less always, post-Woz] been.

Aye, but I was excluding microsoft because they're not solely a phone maker and also own the OS it runs on (although I don't really class their crappy kin phone as a phone worthy to call them one) so for the purposes of the explanation as to why they were different it was easier to exclude microsoft and focus solely on the phone only manufactures who operate on entirely different business models to apple (who are also the only phone manufacturer to convince networks to ass rape you on both phone and contract costs!).

!

So how much do you make defecating?

I've only just started so it's hard to put a good figure on it. but yesterday I made about 4 quid :)

Yay, welcome back thread :-)

I downloaded Toy Story Mania for my niece, I had a go and Buzz congratulated me on my Exceptional tossing!

Currently addicted to;Plants V Zombies, Guitar Hero and Angry Birds.

A good none gaming app is Flashlight :-) for IP4 users.

Â