The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Stupid question but if I hook it up to the wi fi at home or in the office and then make calls, are the calls free or just the browsing?

You can download the Skype app and make very cheap calls. We do it for all those 0845, 0800 numbers which you pay stupid money for as the fall outside of your allowance.

Have any of you tried watching films (or tv shows) from your iPhone on a tv? I'm thinking of getting the composite cable that Apple sell. It would allow me to watch things from my iPhone on tv wherever I am. Plus I am hoping it would work on both older and newer tv's. If anyone has tried this then it would be great to know if it works. Also, does anyone know if it would work straight away?

So I've done a little reading thanks to google about this 750mb 'unlimited' data allowance on Orange.

Does anyone have any more information on this?

It seems a rather low allowance in this day and age. I was going to get an iphone and use applications such as spotify/last.fm and youtube. But I'm concerned that if I do hand over my money and find out I can't use them to their full potential then I am wasting my money.

Will they cut me off if I go over my 'allowance' or reduce the speed etc... Seems very off putting to me...

Stupid question but if I hook it up to the wi fi at home or in the office and then make calls, are the calls free or just the browsing?

You can download the Skype app and make very cheap calls. We do it for all those 0845, 0800 numbers which you pay stupid money for as the fall outside of your allowance.

Good tip, thanks.

I have mine up and running and it is much easier to use than the Blackberry, so pretty impressed!

I appear to have problems hooking it up to the Audi MMI, as I did with the BB, but I can't work out whether that is incompatibility or just my age (!)

So for my motoring needs it looks like I'll struggle on with the dual sim and the old Nokia that everyone takes the mickey out of :)

So for my motoring needs it looks like I'll struggle on with the dual sim and the old Nokia that everyone takes the mickey out of

at least it distracts them and thus they are not ripping into you for driving an Audi :winkold:

So for my motoring needs it looks like I'll struggle on with the dual sim and the old Nokia that everyone takes the mickey out of

at least it distracts them and thus they are not ripping into you for driving an Audi :winkold:

Ah, but the wonders of a woman have made sure that my iphone and the MMI are now at one, so the dual sim is no more!

The wife has chosen the next one today, and it's an Audi, so not rated in the Clarkson world :winkold:

Ping Lite is a good free app, you can message other iphone users and it has push notification. (Drains battery though of course) - I reduced my tariff and went over on text messages, so it will be good to save a few messages with friends who also have the app.

Have been offered an upgrade, shall I get the 3Gs? I've not taken too much notice about it, who has it here?

Battery life?

Speed?

etc

Moi. Battery life is fine for me. Can last about two days with moderate use (without a single charge inbetween) if I want it to. The speed is good too, although I didn't have the 3G to compare it to.

Â