Poll only for british people, please. The rest, discuss.

Pelle

Would you vote for an unmarried and single candidate for PM?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for an unmarried and single candidate for PM?

• Yes, no problem.
    • Simply no

This christmas my brotehr saw Love Actually for the first time and thought it was rather average. I love the film and think it's great. Anyway, the reason he thought it was only average was because of all the unrealistic relationships in it, especially one who was more unrealistic than all the others. I thought he meant the guy who went to USA and got all those beautifull girls and ended up with a really stunning one. No, he didn't he meant the one between the PM and his girl because he thought that an unmarried and single guy would never be voted to become a PM in the UK. We had a little discussion and thought that they might've today.

So, here's the question, would you brits vote for an unmarried and single man or woman as your PM or not? And that's why none british people can vote in this poll but still discuss the matter. If you find it intersting. :P

he thought that an unmarried and single guy would never be voted to become a PM in the UK.

Ted Heath.

Haven't heard of him but I guess he fills the criteria. If so, this can almost be closed. :P

I think his former gf from London told him that and that he thought it sounded right.

Love Actually is one of the worst films ever made. If you've seen "Four Weddings" and "Notting Hill", then you've already seen "Love Actually". Only it's much, much worse. Unadulterated pap. Two hours of my life wasted that I'll never get back.

(The above is not my opinion - I've never seen it - it's the opinion of my 22-year-old daughter - who LIKES rom-coms).

Love Actually is one of the worst films ever made. If you've seen "Four Weddings" and "Notting Hill", then you've already seen "Love Actually". Only it's much, much worse. Unadulterated pap. Two hours of my life wasted that I'll never get back.

(The above is not my opinion - I've never seen it - it's the opinion of my 22-year-old daughter - who LIKES rom-coms).

your daughter is correct, although it wasn't one of the worst films ever made. It was very overrated however, and she is correct in her analysis.

but back to the thread topic:

27140794_3bf657848e.jpg

= close thread. :winkold: :P

Well, didn't know about him so I couldn't let this topic be because of him. :oops: I think it comes partly from the stereotype of the well know conservative british way. I just wanted to know if there could be anything in it.

And Mike, that's so far away as I would describe that movie as is possible. Tell your daughter that she was right about District 9 but this one she has to think again about. ;) I think it's wonderfull. Best feel good film I've seen, I think.

We don't get to vote for a pm - the system doesn't work like that. We choose MPs, MPs choose PM.
Technically, yes. But that's not the way most people think about it. In the general election the average punter will be voting for Brown or Cameron, rather than their local candidates.

then the average punter is a douchebag, though perhaps it's more the fault of the media.

But anyway, an easy yes for me, no reason why it should be held against someone either, and that goes for all sorts of reasons related to personal beliefs too. I'd even *theoretically* be able to vote for a Birmingham City supporter or a religious chap provided these flaws were well seperated from their political standpoints.

We don't get to vote for a pm - the system doesn't work like that. We choose MPs, MPs choose PM.
Damn you Pete was just about to post that ..........Grrrrrr :-)

Would marital status / sexuality / ethnicity / gender be a factor in who I voted for? Why should it?

Â