• Dublin's headbutt on savage
    • Mellberg's salute to the holte in the derby
    • Petrov's volley at pride park
    • Benito's third against Leeds in the fa cup
    • Gabby's winner at the sty '09
    • Gabby's winner at the sty '07
    • The final whistle at Old Trafford
    • Allback's relegation beating winner against the mackems

Not posted a new topic for a while and seeing as we talk about anything and everything except for football, thought I'd give this one a try...

What has been the best moment (strictly on the pitch) of the noughties? Remember this is strictly on the pitch so please no, "the moment Herbert sold up" replies. Also I'm looking for a particular moment of brilliance or importance, so again I'm afraid that "the 5-1" against the blues wouldn't qualify although young's goal would.

If we could have a few suggestions then I'll add a poll.

I'll kick off with Juan Pablo's screamer against Chelsea in the league cup quarter finals.

Gary Cahill vs SHa its too hard to beat that for one moment.

NOtable mentions

5-1 SHA

Young vs Everton

JPA goal vs Chelsea as well

Hitlsperger derby goals where special as well

Most embarrassing moment

O'Leary celebration at the Sty

That's a tough one. Not been many has there! Gabby at the Sty (x2) was nice. You also can't beat a lastt minue winner away from home - Peter Crouch at Boro when we were down to 10 men in DOL's 1st season. Even looked like we might have a pop at 4th spot!

The team letter, and the dominoes it set off to get Randy here. From the letter, to me Rob and Mark outside VP, to Doug finally been pressured to sell, to Randy offering the most cash. It was the moment of the noughties and the biggest turning point at VP in 25 years!

The team letter, and the dominoes it set off to get Randy here. From the letter, to me Rob and Mark outside VP, to Doug finally been pressured to sell, to Randy offering the most cash. It was the moment of the noughties and the biggest turning point at VP in 25 years!

Have you just read the opening post and then purposely done everything possible to go against what this thread was supposed to be about?

For me it was seeing Ash Young skin Lescott to then curl it round Howard in the 94th minute last season...purely because I work closely with an Everton fan and he was actually ringing my mobile the very minute it happened to gloat, not surprisingly it stopped ringing immediately!! :)

Either that or Ollie Mellberg's standing ovation and his reaction to it when he was subbed in the 5-1 against SHA, that would be a very close second if not a first.

Absolute easy !

And it know it says "on the pitch, but it was still a game so I think it counts.

May 2000

Standing there, holding a claret and blue card in the air, Wembley stadium whilst singing Abide With Me (and, I will admit - crying !)

I'll take the League cup by all means, but nothing would mean more than lifting the FA Cup.

Have you just read the opening post and then purposely done everything possible to go against what this thread was supposed to be about?

For me it was seeing Ash Young skin Lescott to then curl it round Howard in the 94th minute last season...purely because I work closely with an Everton fan and he was actually ringing my mobile the very minute it happened to gloat, not surprisingly it stopped ringing immediately!! :)

Either that or Ollie Mellberg's standing ovation and his reaction to it when he was subbed in the 5-1 against SHA, that would be a very close second if not a first.

didnt read the first post sorry everyone!

Â