• Mellberg's salute to the holte in the derby
    • Petrov's volley at pride park
    • Benito's third against Leeds in the fa cup
    • Gabby's winner at the sty '09
    • Gabby's winner at the sty '07
    • The final whistle at Old Trafford
    • Allback's relegation beating winner against the mackems

Where is the "other" option?

I think the biggest moment of the last decade (I have "noughties") was the sale of the club to Randy.

Oh, just saw the OP - fair enough, for me it was the win at Old Trafford, that felt better than beating SHA in any of the games.

The moment Herbert **** off ;-)

On the pitch?

Loved JPA's first goal that helped rid us forever of the Felchers.

And Dion's headbutt.

And Cahill against scum

You dont like those down the road that much do you?

For me its Ollys salute. Brilliant.

Sorry guys, strictly on the pitch moments. I figured that we already spend enough time talking about other matters. But apologies for the lack of an option for Juan pablo's goal against Coventry.

Many good moments to chose from. Hard to decide which one, but in the end as the 5-1 win against sha is the only of those games that I attended I have to say Mellbergs celebrations. And it really gave me goose bumps when he clenched his fists. It meant something big to him.

Special mention to the final signal agauinst manure. That was the final signal for so much.

god, this is a great poll.

sooo many of those options i could legitimately go for, and justify.

but, in the end, just for the importance, the significance in ending years of pain, and pipping asher v evernot by a whisker, is the final whistle at manure.

Thus ending the hoodoo. How many years of hurt were ended with that whistle ....

I am seriously amazed that no one has gone with me , regarding the FA Cup Final.

I know it was a crap game, and the disappointment of losing, but those 24 hours leading up to kick off were , without doubt, the best 24 hours of my football life.

The only time in 3 generations we got there.

Another one, but this one was personal. Blackburn away last year was my 10yr old sons 1st away game. We had an unbelievable day, but the moment for me was about 30 seconds after gabby got the 2nd goal in stoppage time. The 6000 fans were going berserk singing "Pride of Birmingham". I was arm in arm with my son, both of us singing at the top of our voices, and I looked at him and the sheer happiness in his face was unbelievable. A moment that will live with me forever !. I am sentimental sod really !

great great poll, in the end I plumped for Benito's third. So many good choices, but that was just an unforgettable moment watching that at a mate's house for me - when that 3rd went it. Great comeback, great goal great match!

1.Benny

2. Ash Young

3. Gary Cahill.

4. Juan Pablo Angel.

5. Mellberg's salute.

I am seriously amazed that no one has gone with me , regarding the FA Cup Final.

I know it was a crap game, and the disappointment of losing, but those 24 hours leading up to kick off were , without doubt, the best 24 hours of my football life.

I agree. Was something when the whole ground was belting out abide with me, and I was ten. Shame about the game though.

The moment i herd Randy had taken over on the September morning, is by far the biggest and most important moment of the last decade.

Beat me to it. By far the best and most important thing to happen to Villa for ages.

Quote:

The moment i herd Randy had taken over on the September morning, is by far the biggest and most important moment of the last decade.

Beat me to it. By far the best and most important thing to happen to Villa for ages.

I still have the champagne cork the day Dough webt.

Â