The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

7 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

He'll get booed plenty more if he puts AJ in with Usyk in April which is where they seem to be looking if they can't sort out Wilder.

Surely it will be Whyte in April if Wilder don't want it. Those two guys genuinely want it so it will be easy to make and it will do mega numbers just because they actually don't like each other and there is already a back story in place. 

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Parker didn't look up for it tonight. Looked a better fighter against Joshua.

P.s. Hearn getting booed, i'd be booing too, puts on shite fights just for the pocket money, knobber!

Reason being Joshua was content to box behind the jab and Parker was happy to lose on points. Dillian made this a brawl. You could actually see Parker wince often when Whyte went to the body. He didn't want that work. But credit to him he stuck it out and should have stopped him late as Whyte was dead on his feet. 

That was a great nights boxing.some brutal kos, entertaining fights and a lot of heart and desire. 

Whytes power has improved significantly. I think he can cause AJ problems. Whyte though would get beaten by wilder. I don't think he would have an answer to those long stretchy arms. Question is who is next for whyte? If aj wins and fights wilder. That leaves whyte free. I would imagine possibly fury? Or winner of bellew-usyek?

9 hours ago, West said:

Joseph Parker is just a nice guy in the wrong profession. Credit to him for sticking it out because Dillian made that ugly and nasty at times. 

Think this sums it up, he got mauled at times and wasn't really up to it. Kevin Barry is also not a very good trainer and he should ditch him.

Mikey Garcia proved to be a bit too much for Robert Easter. Garcia's poise and balance was something else, he barely wastes a punch. Easter just didn't have the defence required to stick to his game plan.

There's talk of Garcia moving up to fight Spence, but Spence is another breed of boxer, maybe Loma, that would make more sense, IMO.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Mikey Garcia proved to be a bit too much for Robert Easter. Garcia's poise and balance was something else, he barely wastes a punch. Easter just didn't have the defence required to stick to his game plan.

There's talk of Garcia moving up to fight Spence, but Spence is another breed of boxer, maybe Loma, that would make more sense, IMO.

Garcia would get destroyed by Spence. Way too big a step up for him

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Garcia would get destroyed by Spence. Way too big a step up for him

I think Garcia is smart/ good enough to keep away from him but he doesn't have enough volume and Spence will be too big strong for him.

For me Garcia is a belt collector who has never fought anyone, he's good but very overrated, doesn't have a single A level opponent on his resume.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Bellew will be outb

4 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Usyk - Bellew is apparantly done, May well happen at Cruiserweight as Bellew apparantly wants the chance to fight for the belts

Bellew will get outboxed there. 

I see fury has said it's close to him vs wilder in December . That will be a interesting fight. Wilder is a terrible boxer. Fury isn't a hard hitter but is a much better boxer than wilder. Be interesting fight.

Be shocked if Fury fights Wilder this year. No way is he ready for that level of opponent. I think secretly he knows he will never reach the top of the heavyweight division again so having a quick cash out fight could be the way to go as opposed to fighting dud after dud in an attempt to get into his groove only for the public to realise he is done.  

If it's made for December, Wilder will KO him. 

2 hours ago, West said:

Be shocked if Fury fights Wilder this year. No way is he ready for that level of opponent. I think secretly he knows he will never reach the top of the heavyweight division again so having a quick cash out fight could be the way to go as opposed to fighting dud after dud in an attempt to get into his groove only for the public to realise he is done.  

If it's made for December, Wilder will KO him. 

Not so sure the. Fury is awkward very awkward and doesn't get hit much. If he gets to the klitschiko level he can definitely out box wilder who is absolutely terrible boxer.

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not so sure the. Fury is awkward very awkward and doesn't get hit much. If he gets to the klitschiko level he can definitely out box wilder who is absolutely terrible boxer.

Wilder is very awkward himself and bags the bigger punch, there is no chance Fury will reach the Klitschko level within 3 comeback fights. If Wilder is clever he'll take the fight because he will win all day long at this stage of Fury's comeback. 

3 hours ago, West said:

Wilder is very awkward himself and bags the bigger punch, there is no chance Fury will reach the Klitschko level within 3 comeback fights. If Wilder is clever he'll take the fight because he will win all day long at this stage of Fury's comeback. 

Wilder has no awkwardness about him. He just swings hoping to connect they go down and repeat. If he fights someone that has power or can not get hit ( like fury at heavyweight) then wilder will struggle.

fury is a bloody smart boxer. is it too soon? Maybe. But fury beats wilder in my opinion  if he gets back to his best. Big if though.

wikder won’t take the fight though too risky fir the aj fight.

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

What an enjoyment it was, seeing Kovolov getting destroyed by Alvarez. Just when it looked like Kovolov was taking over the fight. Clinical finish.

Kov had a good show in the 4th and really piled the pressure on, he looked like he was gassing at the start of the 5th or 6th if you ask me, I said to a mate earlier that it wold be interesting to see how his career would have gone if he would have got the decision against Ward in the first fight, I don't think he ever mentally recovered from that one.

He really doesn't like the body shots and was gesturing everytime a shot was borderline, I've always like and rated Kov but I think that a lack of dedication outside of the ring in the past few years and father time catching up with him means that he should probably try to cash out in a fight with Stevenson or just knock it on the head now.

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Slightly harsh calling an unbeaten fighter finished.

A lot of people knock Wilder's résumé, hell they even knock people AJ has fought but aside from Klitschko, who has Tyson Fury fought exactly? Woeful résumé. 

Â