The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Feck, Aston Manor cid is shite apart from Kingstone Press

I quite like that stuff I've been drinking, not too dry, not too sweet, and it doesn't have a kick like a Peter Sutcliffe hammer attack like that Amber Jack stuff :shock:

I'm back on Tesco dry cider now, my staple. Not bad as it happens, not sweet at all and only £2.90 for 3 litres....

I suspect this is the wrong thread for this kind of talk though. Let's move it to Krulaks thread :D

Absolute joke...

Expect us to fork out 15 quid every time there is a boxing event on and they can't even keep half the lineup intact.

Got robbed for haye v harrison, not going to be robbed again.

I'm not sure what you want them to do. Force Wlad and Gavin to fight when they aren't fit?

This is nothing like Haye vs Harrison. More fool you for paying £15 for that farce but don't let that taint the image of Boxing.

Absolute joke...

Expect us to fork out 15 quid every time there is a boxing event on and they can't even keep half the lineup intact.

I'm not sure what you want them to do. Force Wlad and Gavin to fight when they aren't fit?

This is nothing like Haye vs Harrison. More fool you for paying £15 for that farce but don't let that taint the image of Boxing.

No i don't expect them to force unfit fighters to fight but maybe a discount on the listed price or something?

I bought the harrison - haye fight knowing it would be a joke but i expected some kind of undercard, they were so cagey about it on the run up i couldnt even find out and it ended up being one fight. Thats a piss take imo. A bit like expecting people to still pay full price even though 2 of the head line names aren't even fighting anymore.

Absolute joke...

No i don't expect them to force unfit fighters to fight but maybe a discount on the listed price or something?

I bought the harrison - haye fight knowing it would be a joke but i expected some kind of undercard, they were so cagey about it on the run up i couldnt even find out and it ended up being one fight. Thats a piss take imo. A bit like expecting people to still pay full price even though 2 of the head line names aren't even fighting anymore.

Fair point.

Sky were 'cagey' about the undercard because they knew it was shite and that the people were not going to buy the fight for the undercard. It turned out to be better than expected in the end, Anderson-Groves was a late replacement and we got a good scrap there.

I don't think you can say Frankie Gavin, fighting as a 1/100 favourite with some bookies, was a headline name really.

I watched the weigh-in today live on SkySports news and based purely on that I'm looking forward to the the Degale fight the most !

I don't believe that there is any bad blood between the 2 of them. DeGale used to room with Paul's brother Stephen back in their Amateur days and has said that they were very good friends. I think DeGale even stayed in the Smith household for a while. Saying that I still think it will be a good fight, the best of the Liverpool bill. While DeGale is the clear favourite he will be going into the lion's den and will be up against much more experienced fighter.

I watched the weigh-in today live on SkySports news and based purely on that I'm looking forward to the the Degale fight the most !

I don't believe that there is any bad blood between the 2 of them. DeGale used to room with Paul's brother Stephen back in their Amateur days and has said that they were very good friends. I think DeGale even stayed in the Smith household for a while. Saying that I still think it will be a good fight, the best of the Liverpool bill. While DeGale is the clear favourite he will be going into the lion's den and will be up against much more experienced fighter.

Fair enough, yourself and others on VT know far more about boxing than I ever will. I just love watching a tear up and they gave me the impression that there was a bit of bad blood there. :D

There isnt. They have both been on the Bunce show in recent weeks and were very complementary about each other. It seems they get on well. Any "bad blood" is purely for the cameras.

any one got any streems for this?

pissed off I was gunna go round and watch it at my mates house but he is working tonight now and the only chance I have got of seeing it is online

Ive got a funny feeling the smith mite do de gayle, I dont think its gunna be as one sided as everyone is making out

Â