The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

I have to say at this point that Jim Watt is s **** idiot...he had Khan 6 points up :shock:

That was a very close fight, I wouldn't argue with a judge scoring it either way, but 6 points? **** off you biased Jock clearing in the woods.

Needs a rematch, but credit to both guys much as I hate to say it, that was a war. Great fight, and I never thought I'd ever say that about a Khan fight.

I have to say at this point that Jim Watt is s **** idiot...he had Khan 6 points up :shock:

That was a very close fight, I wouldn't argue with a judge scoring it either way, but 6 points? **** off you biased Jock clearing in the woods.

Needs a rematch, but credit to both guys much as I hate to say it, that was a war. Great fight, and I never thought I'd ever say that about a Khan fight.

I couldn't see a Maidana win at all especially with the knock down and point deduction.

Come on lads. Khan deserved that over the 12 rounds.

All that word removed deserves is to be doing 12 months bird for motoring offences including running over a pedestrian on a crossing and on another occasion doing 140 on a motorway.

Whilst not wishing to be his advocate, some of the accusations appear not to hold water (though the tale surrounding the poor bloke who got hit in the first place is never going to end well).

Come on lads. Khan deserved that over the 12 rounds.

All that word removed deserves is to be doing 12 months bird for motoring offences including running over a pedestrian on a crossing and on another occasion doing 140 on a motorway.

Whilst not wishing to be his advocate, some of the accusations appear not to hold water.

'Course they do, all of them watertight. I also think he should be questioned on the McCann disappearance. Just to eliminate him as a suspect of course.

Watt is terrible, if I ever find myself agreeing with him, I have to double check the basis for my thinking.

Khan deserved the win. He answered more questions with a win like that than he would have if Maidana hadnt been saved by the bell in the first tbh. Decent performance, and boy did he dig deep in that 10th.

why the Khan hatred?

So he's a 23 year old millionaire, and the worst you can throw at him are 'motoring offences'?? Im sure he has made mistakes and done silly things, havent we all though? Cut the guy some slack for gods sake.

One of the few boxers we have who might be able to hold his own at the very top. We should be supporting him all the way.

Great performance from him and was a terrific fight to watch. He was taking a pounding in 10 & 11 and i thought he was going to go any second. His chin has obviously improved. He still seems to stop moving sometimes when on the defense, and gets hit alot, but he is still very young and is improving all the time.

I thought Khan won round 11. That was what made the victory so impressive for me, he took a hell of a pounding three minutes earlier and had enough left to take the following round. It has exorcised the ghost of Breidis Prescott in my opinion.

As for the Khan hate? Well, its boxing isnt it? Boxing threads are full of hate and haters, places like ESB are absolute cesspit's of the internet because they are just full of people scoring points off of each other and hating on fighters for arbitrary reasons.

Every boxer have the supporters as well as their haters. Joe had it, Froch has them as does Haye. There never going to give the fighter any credit no matter what they do. Yesterday Amir grew in that fight, he actually went to war with a warrior and won. It was nice to see a fight for once, considering all the one sided big fights there has been of late. Give the man credit where its due.

I had 114-112 Khan but he almost lost it in the 10th. Showed that his chin has matured.

Not sure his chin has matured, might have got slightly better with the move up in weight but he seems to actually realise that when tagged it's better to cover up and move backwards now. I don't like him but he's showing huge improvements since the Prescott blow-out. He's a bit like Wlad Klitschko, he got blown out by Sanders and seeimingly learnt his lesson but will always be one good punch away from defeat, same as Khan.

I had it 113-112 to Khan. His chin has certainly improved and I think a lot of credit has got to go to Alex Ariza for that (no, I'm not suggesting anything) and also he now knows how to cover up and get on his bike after taking a big shot.

Yep, that's pretty much what I said, only worded differently :P

Should be a rematch though, that point deduction had an impact if your scorecard is correct.

Â