The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Genie said:

I just read that in the US the PPV price is $79.99! 

Crazy money.

Nobody is really that interested in it but I’m sure they’ll still book close to a million PPV buys. 

Honestly, I just can't get myself up for these farcical events. Even the Mayweather and McGregor one, with all the crazy promotion they put behind it, didn't pique my interest. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Honestly, I just can't get myself up for these farcical events. Even the Mayweather and McGregor one, with all the crazy promotion they put behind it, didn't pique my interest. 

I do wonder about people that pay for them. One of the parents at my lads football was saying they paid the £25 for the ridiculous youtuber event the other week… why???

If it was a genuine BIG event then fair enough. But it’s now PPV for any old shite just so the winner of the very one sided event gets his £40m payday.

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just read that in the US the PPV price is $79.99! 

Crazy money.

Nobody is really that interested in it but I’m sure they’ll still book close to a million PPV buys. 

Crackers, I remember reading after his last fight Fury’s PPV numbers are well below where they should be. This one will sell because of the interest across the continent.

just opened up VT's off topic and saw the boxing thread, thought I'd pop in and see what was happening, didn't even know this fight was on tonight, I suppose I'll watch it, see how much of a farce it is.

Is this Tyson Fury bloke supposed to be any good? how does he compare to the GOAT KSI?

• Haha 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've been a fan of Tyson Fury over the years, but have grown tired of his antics.

Would love if Ngannou could get his " punchers chance " and click him somehow lol.

I think you're over reaching there, the cynic in me, actually thinks these events have a pre - arranged outcome.

• Like 2

Can’t help but feel if it was AJ taking part in this circus he’d be getting ridiculed.

This is the current WBC champion FFS, absolute joke.

• Like 1

Â