The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

cigarette paper between them

Even the press conference was tense. Derek James dropped a great one when the Crawford camp were shouting, "time to eat, time to eat", to which James replied, "you can bet your life they'll be eating, because Bo Mac as never missed a meal", I broke my bollocks laughing to that one. Why does Crawford always look like he just disembarked from an asylum boat? No wonder he left Arum, can't even afford to have his teeth fixed. In all seriousness, this is one helluva of a fight, and you're right, it's as close as you can get. Reminds me a little of the Barrera v Morales fight and how much anticipation that fight built up. If it's half as good as that was, we're in for a cracker. 

I'm going to book it on Sky Box Office, can't be relying on some dodgy stream for such an occasion as this. I'm still going with my man, Terence. He's like an oak tree, and you're going to need more than an axe to knock one of them down. I've had a flutter on a Spence TKO anytime and a Spence TKO between 4 and 6, but I think that's a bit early so i might go for between 10 and 12.

All I know is, shits about to get real.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

I am sick to death of debating this in my head, and making a case for either and changing  my mind on a daily basis. 

I am therefore sitting totally on the fence and calling it a draw🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I am sick to death of debating this in my head, and making a case for either and changing  my mind on a daily basis. 

I am therefore sitting totally on the fence and calling it a draw🤣🤣

If it goes the distance that decision wouldn't surprise me one little bit. Imagine the rematch money?

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

If it goes the distance that decision wouldn't surprise me one little bit. Imagine the rematch money?

I think if it’s close, either way, it’s going to end up in a rematch.

In fact, it smells of a trilogy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I think if it’s close, either way, it’s going to end up in a rematch.

In fact, it smells of a trilogy

Next one has to be Tank v Haney or Lopez or Shakur. The Yanks have got some serious talent right now. 

Im not remotely interested in the Fury v Usyk fight, it just doesn't appeal to me. As giod as tbey both are, they're not the most exciting to watch.

I see Connor Benn has been cleared to box again in the UK. Absolute joke. A spit in the face to any clean dedicated boxer. As soon as he steps up in class with thw likes of Ennis or Ortiz Jr, he will be found out. Ain't no way he is at that level. Avenyasan would  be a live opponent, I think he would struggle with him. No doubt they'll try and get the Eubank show back on track, but I'm wondering if Chris Jr has the hunger anymore.

I wondet what we'll be commenting about Sunday., can't wait to find out. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

Tank vs Haney makes me salivate more than one of my Mums beef dinners. 

I just get the feeling that we’re going to see  something exceptional at the weekend, possibly even controversial. Like I said above I don’t see the argument ending at the weekend. Boxing needs this to be as good as it should be. 

You’re right, the Conor Benn situation is a complete farce, which drug is the name of the sport into the gutter once more

Im so excited for thw boxing tonight i cant tell you

The presser was quite fiery you can see a lots on the line tonight. Still cant call it 100% but think spence for me

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

First boxingmatch in a long time that Im actually super excited about.

And the UFC has Justin Gaethje vs Dustin Poirier on as well (Guaranteed slobberknocker)  Sleeping is for the weak

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tegis said:

First boxingmatch in a long time that Im actually super excited about.

And the UFC has Justin Gaethje vs Dustin Poirier on as well (Guaranteed slobberknocker)  Sleeping is for the weak

I think I've heard of Dustin Poirier, will thay be worth watching as well then? any idea what time it'll be on?

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

I think I've heard of Dustin Poirier, will thay be worth watching as well then? any idea what time it'll be on?

Just don't expect slick sweet science :D It's a showcase fight for a symbolic title they call BMF (baddest mother effer). Both are durable and will swing until dawn as they probably wont engage the ground. Main card starts 03 uk time. I guess around 4.30 would be main event time.

Â