The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Joyce vs. Wilder would be brilliant - the big puncher against the granite chin.

I'm not quite sure who'd win (although my money would be on Wilder), I am pretty sure that it would shorten Joyce's life expectancy.

This fight could change the division for both fighters, they could become the hottest two fighters in the division  but it wouldn't be for a belt. Still the fight would be the most interesting of them all to me. Until Fury fought Wilder he wasn't really box office, the key to being box office is to fight hard competitive fights, Joyce V any fighter is a hard fight, he should be a if not the biggest  box office attraction. Problem is everyone knows it and they want to avoid him. 

If AJ wins tonight, Fury shouldn't be his next fight, this one against Franklin ain't gonna prove hes ready just yet. Joyce should be his next maybe, then possibly Fury, although the way Fury has been acting recently, he's gonna want that Billion in the desert to fight AJ, nothing less.

3 hours ago, tinker said:

Until Fury fought Wilder he wasn't really box office, the key to being box office is to fight hard competitive fights, Joyce V any fighter is a hard fight, he should be a if not the biggest  box office attraction. Problem is everyone knows it and they want to avoid him. 

Joyce's problem is that he's not really box office, or a great watch; he's not a complete arsehole, whoring himself out as rentaquote to generate those PPV numbers and he's not a flamboyant or particularly entertaining fighter - he's just very strong and very tough, he's a very hard fight for anyone - but what hurts him is that his opponents can probably get more interest fighting a lesser fighter with more of an entertainment value - Joyce really needs a big fight and soon, it's in the ring he'll need to build his value - either that or start shouting bomb squad or having a comedy dad.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Joyce's problem is that he's not really box office, or a great watch; he's not a complete arsehole, whoring himself out as rentaquote to generate those PPV numbers and he's not a flamboyant or particularly entertaining fighter - he's just very strong and very tough, he's a very hard fight for anyone - but what hurts him is that his opponents can probably get more interest fighting a lesser fighter with more of an entertainment value - Joyce really needs a big fight and soon, it's in the ring he'll need to build his value - either that or start shouting bomb squad or having a comedy dad.

I feel his stock increased after the Parker fight but also got crossed off a few fighters potential opponent’s list as a result Too much risk for the potential reward

Edited by Follyfoot

53 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I feel his stock increased after the Parker fight but also got crossed off a few fighters potential opponent’s list as a result Too much risk for the potential reward

This is the problem,  Wilder's style will suit Joyce and make a great fight, imo.

• Like 2

Â