The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Franklin isn't being paid to dive lol. Hearn has no sway over Franklins team. 

I also think Warren has played Usyk for a fool, promising him Fury when he knew it wouldn't be done because of demands and time constraints. Fury never wanted Usyk because he knows he's a serious threat to his 0. Plus, it also sets Usyk up to have to defend against Dubios and Joyce or vacate the belts, meaning Warren gets more than one bit at the cherry to grab the HW titles back to his stable. Warren and Fury are full on slags the way they've played Usyk and Joshua the last 18 months. 

Fury messed Uysk around because really he wants the big bucks from Saudi.  Warren wanted this fight to happen, Fury has put the brakes on it.

As for the AJ fight,  money rules boxing, don't be as nieve to think this shit don't go on. AJ loses this, an it's the end of his career and the ££££ for alot of people.

28 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

And the reason why I say ghetto is because of how he carries himself outside of the ring. 

Oh he's a nightmare - it's part of why I like him - he's an unrefined, badly adjusted ball of angry.

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Fury messed Uysk around because really he wants the big bucks from Saudi.  Warren wanted this fight to happen, Fury has put the brakes on it.

As for the AJ fight,  money rules boxing, don't be as nieve to think this shit don't go on. AJ loses this, an it's the end of his career and the ££££ for alot of people.

Fury messed Usyk around because he didn't want the fight. Warren knows that Usyk will have mandatory's against his fighters, potentially earning multiple fights if Joyce or Dubios with little pull grab the titles. It then locks the HW titles into his stable. Fury losing to Usyk potentially delays any mandatory fight because if Usyk won he'd get 12 months off, leaving both Joyce and Dubios holding their cocks, taking nothing fights while Fury does a rematch.

I've been around boxing 40 years nearly so I'm not being niave. AJ v Fury is a completely different entity to what Warren initially wants to happen to the HW titles. For a promoter, unless your fighter holds all the belts the future is unknown. Don't forget, Warren only promotes Fury, he's thinking about the longer term picture for his stable, not a one off fight, with a fighter that is as changeable as the weather. 

• Like 2

If Usyk fights dubios, unless there's a sucker punch involved, Usyk wins. I haven't seen anything in Dubois fights that put him anywhere near good enough  to be fighting for a title, especially  against  Usyk.

Dubios won his last fight with a very strange decision and a short round when he was knocked on his arse. Joyce completely dismantled him in their fight as well.

Joyce should fight Wilder, Fury should fight AJ , its where the money is for him and tbh I think Furys days of hard fights are over, his heart isn't really in it is my feeling. 

On 29/03/2023 at 22:22, avfc1982am said:

Fury messed Usyk around because he didn't want the fight. Warren knows that Usyk will have mandatory's against his fighters, potentially earning multiple fights if Joyce or Dubios with little pull grab the titles. It then locks the HW titles into his stable. Fury losing to Usyk potentially delays any mandatory fight because if Usyk won he'd get 12 months off, leaving both Joyce and Dubios holding their cocks, taking nothing fights while Fury does a rematch.

I've been around boxing 40 years nearly so I'm not being niave. AJ v Fury is a completely different entity to what Warren initially wants to happen to the HW titles. For a promoter, unless your fighter holds all the belts the future is unknown. Don't forget, Warren only promotes Fury, he's thinking about the longer term picture for his stable, not a one off fight, with a fighter that is as changeable as the weather. 

image.jpeg.1424c86e46c1f9a07bf89c94ee9c8cce.jpeg

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, tinker said:

If Usyk fights dubios, unless there's a sucker punch involved, Usyk wins. I haven't seen anything in Dubois fights that put him anywhere near good enough  to be fighting for a title, especially  against  Usyk.

Dubios won his last fight with a very strange decision and a short round when he was knocked on his arse. Joyce completely dismantled him in their fight as well.

Joyce should fight Wilder, Fury should fight AJ , its where the money is for him and tbh I think Furys days of hard fights are over, his heart isn't really in it is my feeling. 

How is dubois ahead of joyce? Boxing really is a laughable sport

• Like 1

On 29/03/2023 at 21:02, Genie said:

Wouldn’t 90k at Wembley bring in more money that 18k in the desert?

Saudi Arabia will most likely be paying more to host it than Wembley would make in ticket sales - they're probably throwing the venue in for free too.

You'd make more having it in the sheik's back garden than at Wembley (and there's an argument for saying that's exactly what you'd be doing).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tinker said:

Joyce should fight Wilder.

Joyce vs. Wilder would be brilliant - the big puncher against the granite chin.

I'm not quite sure who'd win (although my money would be on Wilder), I am pretty sure that it would shorten Joyce's life expectancy.

40 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Saudi Arabia will most likely be paying more to host it than Wembley would make in ticket sales - they're probably throwing the venue in for free too.

You'd make more having it in the sheik's back garden than at Wembley (and there's an argument for saying that's exactly what you'd be doing).

Weren't the Saudis only interested in the undisputed fight? That's what I thought was the case. I'm not sure they'd thow everything at Joshua v Fury for one belt, which still doesn't prove who is number 1.

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Joyce vs. Wilder would be brilliant - the big puncher against the granite chin.

I'm not quite sure who'd win (although my money would be on Wilder), I am pretty sure that it would shorten Joyce's life expectancy.

I think Joyce is the dark horse of the division. I never thought I say that because I've always felt he was a bit slow but the way he took apart Parker he could out attrition everybody. Samina to burn, a ram rod jab and the toughest chin. It will take a very good performance from someone to stop Joyce. 

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Weren't the Saudis only interested in the undisputed fight? That's what I thought was the case. I'm not sure they'd thow everything at Joshua v Fury for one belt, which still doesn't prove who is number 1.

I think the money there is such that they'll outbid most people for most things. 

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think Joyce is the dark horse of the division. I never thought I say that because I've always felt he was a bit slow but the way he took apart Parker he could out attrition everybody. Samina to burn, a ram rod jab and the toughest chin. It will take a very good performance from someone to stop Joyce. 

I just worry that the tactic of letting people hit you until they're tired won't do him any favours in the long run. I think he has a chance, but he'll need to accelerate his career pretty quickly and take his chances, at his age, that stamina isn't going to be around for long.

I still don't see him standing up to the top tier in the division, but I would like to see him given a go at it.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the money there is such that they'll outbid most people for most things. 

Maybe. I've just got a feeling the summer and Wembley might happen. If they can do a deal. I think Fury is only interested in an AJ fight tbh. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I just worry that the tactic of letting people hit you until they're tired won't do him any favours in the long run. I think he has a chance, but he'll need to accelerate his career pretty quickly and take his chances, at his age, that stamina isn't going to be around for long.

I still don't see him standing up to the top tier in the division, but I would like to see him given a go at it.

I never thought I'd say it but he''s looking a genuine threat to the top 3/4.  I agree though, at 37 he does need to get a move on a little as time isn' on his side. However, he's not been in any serious wars as a pro, yes he gets hit but never looks faised. He's also been in with Usyk before in the amateurs so isn't totally green against more technical fighters. 

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It worked in Homer Simpson’s career

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It’s a crying, shame, separate factions and politics  only allow a complete unification at any weight once in a blue moon, let alone the premium division of heavyweight. I think that’s why I enjoyed the super six a few years back with the middleweights, no hiding. It will be a travesty if we do not see an undisputed heavyweight champion in the next couple of years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

How is dubois ahead of joyce? Boxing really is a laughable sport

How does Frank Warren look Joyce in the face? I remember how gutted he was when Joyce battered Dubois. Always been a snake in the grass, that's why Terry Marsh popped one in him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

How does Frank Warren look Joyce in the face? I remember how gutted he was when Joyce battered Dubois. Always been a snake in the grass, that's why Terry Marsh popped one in him. 

The Basildon fireman, forgot about him and that incident, good call Sheepy

• Like 1

Â