Twitter

sparey16

You seem to have settled into it fine - I do like Twitter. I was sceptical, but its a great social tool.

Facebook is probably better for friends but twitter appears to be much better as a newsfeed because you can listen in on pretty much whoever you want e.g. journos. Plus with TweetDeck you get the best of both worlds merged together.

So you can have a list made up of people you are not following in your main list? i.e. exclusive TO that list? That is handy if it works like that.

I do like a bit of tweeting,

I find that the key to really enjoying Twitter is the ability to filter out The Understudy and Cracker chatting up female Villa fans at all hours of the day. :winkold:

Am i the only one who really doesnt care what "celebrities" have to say?

No you're not the only one. I joined twitter to hear what journalists are saying/hinting/rumouring.

Don't get twitter at all.

Feel like im slightly too old to get excited by the likes of facebook and twitter, i was msn'ing and yahoo chatting about 10 years ago, i got all that shite out of my system back then.

Don't care anymore.

I find it incredibly useful for:

Movie news/music bits and pieces/design and photography and ofc on matchdays when I can join in with the 'why the **** is Cueller not playing?' tweets.

So you can have a list made up of people you are not following in your main list? i.e. exclusive TO that list? That is handy if it works like that.

eh? lol.

I just clicked on your twitter list in TweetDeck For Chrome to see who was in it and it said 'add column'. I did and anytime anybody on the list tweets it comes up in that column. Its good mostly because it means that if im bored by countless other villa fans on the #avfc column just retweeting what one guy has says, I can just go through the VT one instead and only have to put up with Cracker retweeting what one guy has said. :P

Or you Shilham, you rogue!

Mate, I try, but get nowhere.

The fact that my Twitter pic is of me standing next to the mrs doesn't help!

Although to be fair you have moaned a bit about her - maybe they think you're a catch?

*If Mrs. Shillzz is reading, I'm lying.*

I find it incredibly useful for:

Movie news/music bits and pieces...and on matchdays..

That's my take on it too. I don't write many twitters, but I look out for other people's quite a lot.

And on match days on the way to or from the games I sometimes have a bit of a go at twittering stuff.

TweetDeck help please! I have a column for "All Friends" but if someone tweets me who I don't currently know (i.e. someone who has decided to follow me but isn't yet a 'friend'), I won't see their message in that column. How do I set up an all-encompassing column for twitter in TweetDeck?

The above shortcoming didn't dawn on me until I went back to the website via a browser and realised I'd missed some messages :angry:

Â