General Chat

Stevo985

The best thing about Christmas is the hangovers on Christmas morning and Boxing Day.

Was in the queue at the Disney store on Saturday - two 15 yr old chav girls in line behind me:

"Isn't it funny how Christmas used to be all about waking up early and getting excited about your presents and now it's just about getting p*ssed"

Made me chuckle anyway :winkold:

I was so excited about Christmas today that I couldn't eat my peanut butter sandwiches at lunch because I had butterflies in my tummy.

Bookmarking this post for every time a Brit says "what's with the American obsession with peanut butter?"

I was so excited about Christmas today that I couldn't eat my peanut butter sandwiches at lunch because I had butterflies in my tummy.

Bookmarking this post for every time a Brit says "what's with the American obsession with peanut butter?"

Peanut Butter is the bomb, I just don't think most people get your 'Peanut Butter & Jelly' thing.

i really wish i could enjoy christmas. i love the entire point behind it. be joyess....help one another....love is all around....and all that jazz. idk how bad it is across the pond...but according to EVERY flipping commercial i see i am suppose to buy a lexus with a red bow on it....or a new laptop.....or if my husband loves me he will show it with over priced jewelery....*some poeple in my life can prepare to be very disappointed if they think any of this is happening* my family is the worst! they all just want gift after gift. i asked if we could all just get together...eat a big meal...laugh about some old memories...watch some sports for a bit...and go home. i got blank stares followed by laughter and an aggressive NO. then i asked if we could just get eachother something thoughtful instead of wasting money and getting stressed out in malls. another no was the reply. i suppose at some point i just want to see someone do something good....or one tv add that mentions charity instead of shopping. so far this year...NADA! i did go to goodwill and donated some clothes and donated some canned goods and a toy. but it just feels like everyone could do more. including myself. instead of shopping for a bunch of stuff no one really needs. not bashing gifts...i know its nice to get stuff and the excitement of it all. just hate how around here its all about sales instead about caring

PB and strawberry preserves/jam is the bomb.

(the peanut butter and chocolate thing seems to arouse greater passions... have none of you had Reese's?)

i want one so bad now that you said that!!!...and a reeses. they are better if you freeze them!!!

PB and strawberry preserves/jam is the bomb.

(the peanut butter and chocolate thing seems to arouse greater passions... have none of you had Reese's?)

Yeah, once, just to see what all the fuss was about. Meh. They were OK, nothing more. Won't bother again.

Where is 'here' ME? I can make out it could be either of the two sides of the pond, and if I had to guess I'd go for the one with less love for round footballs.

To me Christmas is about love and emotion and taking time out to show it to others. Spending your valuable time and energy thinking of what the other person would like to receive (maybe even without them knowing it), as opposed to what you would like to give, is a way of showing love; buying a 'gift pack' of shower gel, deodorant and soap from Boots isn't. Spending time with people who mean something to you is important, going to visit family you don't like or who don't like you, just because they're family most certainly is not.

Apparently I'm in a minority.

Root Beer - another one i don't get.
I spent much of my childhood reading about root beer in American comics and dying to try it. I finally got there and tried it and I hated it. Thought it would be like dandelion & burdock, but it wasn't.

Can you still get D&B, BTW?

Â