General Chat

Stevo985

Hayley Mcqueen. Has made many starring appearances in my dreams.

Many of her appearances in mine have co-starred Rachel Wyse.

The Irish one? Weisz I get. Wyse, meh.

How long does it usually take for them to decide if you get jobseeker benefits or not? I've been waiting for about a month.

From the day of me first going into the office, it took 4 weeks. Which was fast. I've heard of some people waiting 4+ months

Do they not backpay?

They do!! Huzzah. Double payment next week.

I'm going to put it all on a horse at the galway races

Shouldn't you be buying spunk bags with it?

How long does it usually take for them to decide if you get jobseeker benefits or not? I've been waiting for about a month.

From the day of me first going into the office, it took 4 weeks. Which was fast. I've heard of some people waiting 4+ months

Ah right, so it could be a while yet, thanks.

I have tried a couple of different jobs and am currently working in local Government. I have now decided I want to try something different and I like the idea of being a plasterer and eventually self employed. Does anybody know what sort of qualifications, costs and any other information which might help me as I have just had a quick look on the internet but information seems relatively scarce and not sure where the best place to start is. Had a little look at a couple of the closest colleges to me and they don't do any courses for plastering.

Cheers :)

My OH's, sister's BF is a plasterer but he is built for it. He's a good 6 foot 2 or 3 and very strong which I thing helps him a lot. I think it would be a really difficult job if not. Qualifications wise he doesn't have any, he was trained by his dad from about the age of 10 so has been doing it all his life. Most plasterers you see advertising in the paper have city and guilds qualifications. No idea what that involves.

If I were looking to get a trade I'd go down the plumbing/heating/bathroom fitting/tiling route. The gas side of things can be expensive to get qualified but you can do without touching gas for a while while you build up your experience and funds.

One of my mates at the running club did exactly what RMB wants to do - he had an office job, hated it, and retrained as a plasterer, and now makes a good living at it.

FWIW, he's about 5 ft 6ins! If I see him tonight I'll ask him what he would advise.

my uncles only about 5ft 4/5ft 5 and he is a plasterer. started as an apprentice when he was 15 and he is now 64. made a good living out of it but his joints are now completely shot. hes had loads of operations over the years on his knees, elbows and shoulders. its a job where you are probably going to have real problems with aches and pains when you get older.

Do they not backpay?

They do!! Huzzah. Double payment next week.

I'm going to put it all on a horse at the galway races

Shouldn't you be buying spunk bags with it?

That's the dream, but considering that girl with the apparent social dysfunction has since left the country, I'm settling in for another embarrassingly long dry spell.

I should have proposed

That's the dream, but considering that girl with the apparent social dysfunction has since left the country, I'm settling in for another embarrassingly long dry spell.

I should have proposed

Nonono! BELIEVE!

Â