General Chat

Stevo985

Can't see the attraction of expensive watches. They don't tell the time any better than my five quid watch.

And TBH I don't think they look any better either. But then I'm not into male jewellery. Dare I say "ghey"?

Sounds like Mr. Casio is bitter :P

Bitter? ****, no. "Smug" would be nearer the mark. I'd feel sick if I'd wasted that much money on a watch.

Much the same way I feel about personalised number plates, which I think features in one of the first pages of this thread. A fool and his money are soon parted, and all that.

There's a big difference between a nice watch and a personalised number plate.

A decent watch looks good. No it doesn't tell the time any better than a 5 quid casio, but it looks nicer.

A potato sack covers my bollocks just as well as my pair of Jeans, doesn't mean it looks as good.

Whereas a personalised numberplate makes you look like a totla dick.

On that note, I especially hate personalised number plates where they have the make of the car in it!

"VW 30 ROB"

or

"M3 LEN"

The make of your car is written on your car, you don't have to remind us of it in your number plate!

My uncle brought home a Jag XFR 5.0l supercharged the other day. **** beast of a car. it is incidentally one of my ambitions in life, to own a Jag XF.

The XF is the best in its class. ;)

The numberplate is completely useless! At least you can get a bit of fun out of a Jag!

Can't see the attraction of expensive watches. They don't tell the time any better than my five quid watch.

And TBH I don't think they look any better either. But then I'm not into male jewellery. Dare I say "ghey"?

Sounds like Mr. Casio is bitter :P

Bitter? ****, no. "Smug" would be nearer the mark. I'd feel sick if I'd wasted that much money on a watch.

Much the same way I feel about personalised number plates, which I think features in one of the first pages of this thread. A fool and his money are soon parted, and all that.

There's a big difference between a nice watch and a personalised number plate.

A decent watch looks good. No it doesn't tell the time any better than a 5 quid casio, but it looks nicer.

A potato sack covers my bollocks just as well as my pair of Jeans, doesn't mean it looks as good.

Whereas a personalised numberplate makes you look like a totla dick.

On that note, I especially hate personalised number plates where they have the make of the car in it!

"VW 30 ROB"

or

"M3 LEN"

The make of your car is written on your car, you don't have to remind us of it in your number plate!

Worse than that is the "doctoring" of the reg with rusty screws, odd fonts and altered spacings (which is illegal, btw) to try and get it to read something "meaningful". And then (because it probably still isn't) they put what it's supposed to be in small print underneath.

I've probably alienated all the VTers who have vanity plates now.

I actually agree with Mooney, I personally don't like wearing expensive watches (or watches at all, for that matter). Money saved is better spent elsewhere.

I haven't worn a watch in years. Probably nearly 15 years actually.

Mobile phones Kind of negate the need for a watch, I'd have thought (other than as some sort of fashion/wealth "statement")?

For me, a watch comes under the "jewellery" category, and I don't really do that.

I actually agree with Mooney, I personally don't like wearing expensive watches (or watches at all, for that matter). Money saved is better spent elsewhere.

Mobile phones Kind of negate the need for a watch, I'd have thought (other than as some sort of fashion/wealth "statement")?

For me, a watch comes under the "jewellery" category, and I don't really do that.

That's it. I tend to associate fancy watches with pimps and "Lovejoy" types.

I think I'm anti "designer" everything to be fair. Don't want to walk round looking like a brand name advert.

That's it. I tend to associate fancy watches with pimps and "Lovejoy" types.

I think I'm anti "designer" everything to be fair. Don't want to walk round looking like a brand name advert.

Poor Si.

Lol, my mom often insists I wear a watch - I have no idea why she thinks mobile phones aren't enough.

I don't own much branded. It annoys me on nights out when girls seem to go for the guys that wear the "G-Star" t-shirt or have some sparkly looking watch.

Shallow biittchhheeessss.

(Well, I can't talk for the fat ones, I don't pay attention to them).

On watches, I think it's nice to have a good watch. Not a Rolex or anything in that league, just a nice one. When I got my first proper job and had a decent bit of disposable income (with no mortgage, wife etc, i.e. all of my wage was disposable), I treated myself to a nice Accurist. I think it cost about IR£235 back about 11 or so years ago. Still have it in pristine condition. Probably because I don't like the feeling of wearing watches :lol: I can't find an exact picture of it but this would be a close enough approximation (though mine is nicer :)).

Â