General Chat

Stevo985

I need some advice

I left my job last month at the NHS and i checked my account today and they have paid me for an additional month

Is this a mistake or some kind of severance pay? It was a 9 month fixed term contract and they didn't give me my P45 

CAN I KEEP THE MONEY!

Bay window flat roof needs replacing and we need a new two storey plastic downpipe. Been quoted £490 but this seems a bit steep to me. Anyone who knows about this sort of thing give me some advice?

Did the builder rub the back of his neck when he gave you the quote .....that's the international builders sign of i'm gonna take this mug for all he's got :D

I need some advice

I left my job last month at the NHS and i checked my account today and they have paid me for an additional month

Is this a mistake or some kind of severance pay? It was a 9 month fixed term contract and they didn't give me my P45 

CAN I KEEP THE MONEY!

Could be TOIL/overtime/holiday pay

I need some advice

CAN I KEEP THE MONEY!

Why didn't they give you a P45?

Have they given you payslips throughout the contract and do they all tally so far to what you'd have expected to be paid (before today)?

Are you at all unsure and have you already spent the money having considered it validly to be yours? :P;)

Put it in a savings account/ISA and keep quiet about. If it's a mistake they might not notice until April, then if you need to pay it back you've still come out on top.

• Like 1

Bay window flat roof needs replacing and we need a new two storey plastic downpipe. Been quoted £490 but this seems a bit steep to me. Anyone who knows about this sort of thing give me some advice?

Sounds to much to me. Downpipe costs trade price a few pound per meter, you could replace it yourself for £30 if your confident heading up ladders. As for a bay window roof a sheet of marine ply and coating would cost little more than £100.

Tell them to knob off mate.

(13 years experience in building)

Assuming its a flat bay roof and no tiles above it? Pm me some pics

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 2

Sounds to much to me. Downpipe costs trade price a few pound per meter, you could replace it yourself for £30 if your confident heading up ladders. As for a bay window roof a sheet of marine ply and coating would cost little more than £100.

Tell them to knob off mate.

(13 years experience in building)

Assuming its a flat bay roof and no tiles above it? Pm me some pics

The estate agents got a quote for us. It's just a simple bay roof, the normal shape, two diagonal windows and one large one in the middle, its flat against the outside wall, no apex, he apparently said it needs completely redoing. Something about rko lining? My dad seems to think he is about £90 too expensive and even then he is being a little cheeky.

Luckily it's just a quote and we will probably get someone else to do it.

What does "high maintenance" mean? :(

In a woman, it means there will be emotional ups and downs, with a regular need for personalised praise (not generic 'you look nice'). It means there will be a financial commitment that will always have the limits tested and questioned. There will be a need to wine and dine and show off your partner at places that she likes to be seen. It means always being prepared to say sorry when she finishes the fight she started.

In a man, it means you're a dickhead.

• Like 4

Â