General Chat

Stevo985

Sad to hear of the passing of Reggae singer, Junior Murvin. Spent many an hour enjoying his music. Will post some of his stuff on the 'What Song Are You Listening To?' thread later I think. Most people will probably know him as the singer of Police & Thieves. RIP

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/dec/03/reggae-singer-junior-murvin-dies

• Like 1

Had to have my cat put down today  ... 21 years old , been with me nearly half my life   ... she was starting to show her age and knew she couldn't go on forever but today age just caught up with her and she basically fell into a coma  :(

I'm gonna miss her  

Some IQ test questions Boris Johnson had thrown at him.

Question: "A man builds a house with four sides… each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What colour is the bear?"

Mr Johnson: "The bear is probably brown, I haven't got a clue what the colour of the bear is, nor is it relevant to this discussion."

Question: "Take two apples from three apples. What do you have?"

Mr Johnson: "You have… you've got loads of apples, mate. You've got one apple left."

Question: "I went to bed at 8 o'clock last night, and I wound up my clock to set the alarm to sound at 9 o'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being woken by the alarm?"

Mr Johnson: "I don't care… I slept like a log… We're waiting for some more sensible questions."

I don't have the answers... but think I know 2 & 3.

I'm on Boris' side. And question 3 depends on when you got to sleep. For me the answer would be '7' because I'd get to sleep at 1am and wake by myself at 8am :)

The bear is white because if the house's walls all have a southern exposure then it surely must be at the North Pole, meaning it was a Polar Bear.

I believe you have two apples, do you not?

You'd get an hour's sleep because it specifically says the clock is wound, meaning it's not a 24 hour clock, so when it got to 9pm it would go off.

Edited by Ginko

The bear is white because if the house's walls all have a southern exposure then it surely must be at the North Pole, meaning it was a Polar Bear.

You'd get an hour's sleep because it specifically says the clock is wound, meaning it's not a 24 hour clock, so when it got to 9pm it would go off.

Well I'll be...

I got the first 2 but I'd have been fooled by that third one.

aren't polar bears technically black ?

aren't polar bears technically black ?

No, their hair is transparent but they are white and the hair is hollow AFAIK. Like fibre optic cable. A quick google confirmed it.

Â