Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much is he in trouble for anyway? I'd imagine his 'trivial amount' of tax dodging is probably more than I earn in a year!

it was avoidance on 2 payments of £180k if I recall .. what is £360k when you are the best coach in the world , 5 mins work ?

Only £360k? Not sure why they're bothered then, could buy a couple of penny sweets and that's about it.

Yep, all well and good when you're manager of the best team in the world...

CAAAAANT.

arry showed a fair few of his flaws tonight, jenas has never been replaced despite being sail on the mayonnaise sea for years, the game bypassed modric who IMO is key for spurs, brought on defoe rather than pav when it was blatnatly obvious their problem was getting he ball to stick, and worst of all he left a clearly **** bale on the pitch

credit where its due dawson was very good tonight, everyone else was caught well short, crouch is an absolute **** muppet but an easy and lazy get out, spurs and no doubt the red tops will claim ut changed the game, but id love to know how crouch getting sent off took away 10 players ability to pass

The team sheets had already been submitted when Lennon withdrew, so it counted as a sub. Therefore we could only make 2 subs. So really we could only make one tatical change and save one change for an injury. So Bale wans't going to be subbed unless he had a more serious injury.

Pav is tall so in theory should be able to hold the ball up and Harry's critics will use that against him, but in reality if you read a Spurs matchday thread, it will be full of peole complaining that Pav isn't doing anything. Yet these same fans will use the same argument to criticise Harry's tactical decisions. I can't see the problem with bringing on Defoe as our chances came from getting in behind their defence. So Defoe's pace is probably worth more to us than Pav fictional hold up play. Pavs a good finisher and technically a good player, but he's got little fight in him and the idea of him putting in a real shift up front when we are down to 10 men, can only be fueled by a desire to criticse the manager. I'm not criticising you as you aren't a Spurs fans and therefore don't watch Pav that often, so logically given his size and technical ability etc, your argument makes good sense. But the Spurs fans criticsing Harry, who know Pavs game well, are being pathetic.

I think we just got beaten by a far better team with far better players. It's so easy for people to find tactical errors etc, but to do these we have to assume the alternatives would have been better. We've hardly looked like scoring against shit teams recently, so I can't see why it's such a suprise we didn't really threaten Madrid, especially with 10 men.

Why did lennon pull out at such a late stage? You just don't suddenly feel ill.

Exactly. He was ill since Sunday according to this.

Basically what happened was that Lennon reported he was ill on Sunday. he trained anyway and the medical team assesed him fit to play. So he was picked, but just before kick off Harry noticed he didn't look at all well again, so he was subbed for JJ. Lennon then took a lot of flack from fans on phone in, messagboards and twitter etc. So Lennon responded saying he isn't going to be made a scapegoat. However, the media have reported this as if he was responding to Harry, rather than those criticising him. Harry was on talksport earlier saying that Lennon reported ill on Sunday and he wasn't at all to blame. It was just one of those things. He was ill, seemed better, then went down again. There was never an issue with him and Harry, but the media have reported Lennons response to fan and media criticism, as a pop at Harry, which it wasn't.

Exactly Joey. It did appear at the time of KO that Lennon had bottled it. But he clearly didn't. A non-story basically. Shame for you guys though because he was a big miss.

Basically what happened was that Lennon reported he was ill on Sunday. he trained anyway and the medical team assesed him fit to play. So he was picked, but just before kick off Harry noticed he didn't look at all well again, so he was subbed for JJ. Lennon then took a lot of flack from fans on phone in, messagboards and twitter etc. So Lennon responded saying he isn't going to be made a scapegoat. However, the media have reported this as if he was responding to Harry, rather than those criticising him. Harry was on talksport earlier saying that Lennon reported ill on Sunday and he wasn't at all to blame. It was just one of those things. He was ill, seemed better, then went down again. There was never an issue with him and Harry, but the media have reported Lennons response to fan and media criticism, as a pop at Harry, which it wasn't.

Had he gone back to that Italian restaurant? :)

to the same tune as the city is ours -

adebayor, adebayor, his dad washes elephants, his mom is a whore

not in great taste, but IMO not racist and by the looks of things on youtube a song they've sang for years, UEFA have cleared them already i think

Â