Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

It was £10m with future add-ons, Glaston. Unless you know what those add-ons were, it's just as likely you only got £10m than you claiming it was £16.5m + the sell on.

Bitterness is pretty easy to target on the net. The fact Spurs fans are coming on another forum to slag off a player that used to play for them says it all. When Citeh sell Milner/Barry I don't think you'll see us flooding whichever teams signs them forum saying "LOL u jst signed a shit playa 4 lots ov munneyz!"

£350m spent in the last 7 years and 1 top 4 finish to show for it. Well done, you must be so proud. As bad as Citeh.

Most add-ons get paid eventually, unless the player completely flops (which Bent hasn't), and relate to things like number of appearances, goals scored, avoiding relegation, England caps, selling at a profit (which Sunderland have done) etc.

Nor have I slagged off Bent - in fact I've said he's a good striker and have previously said that his record at Spurs was good in terms of goals-scored-per-minutes-played.

I don't think he's worth 24m, but that's hardly an outrageous view nor is it tantamount to slagging him off.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised anyone ever doubts Glaston, he has amazing track record of accurate predictions.

Take for example one made just a few days ago on another non Spurs site

I doubt this "deal" is real.

First I don't believe Villa can afford 18-24m and second I don't see Bent wanting to move to a club that's in a relegation battle.

:D

Either way Spurs fans are very bitter about Bent.

I saw the comment earlier "you could have got Pavlyuchenko for less" eh? So he's available for 9.5m? DOn't think so.

I'm fairly sure that if Pavlyuchenko was as good a goalscorer as the bloke we've just bought then we might have been interested.

And Joey, if his goals record is so good then why aren't you playing him? It's not as if the player who he would be replacing in the starting line is doing much of note.

Since minutes-per-goal is the most important thing to base anything on, what is Crouch's Premier League minutes-per-goal this season?

That's not what's being said. I've not said players should be picked based on their goals per minute. Crouch doesn't have a good goals per game ratio either, so it makes no difference to this argument. Harry doesn't pick Crouch for his goal scoring ability. In the initial exchange between myself and kurtsimonw, he's talking about Bents ability to finish of the chances created for him by your quality midfielders. He used his good games to starts ratio to demonstrate he was even doing this at Spurs. I suggested those stats were misleading and gave good reasons why.

Your argument about Pav is meaningless as it suggests that managers always know which are the best strikers to bid for. As I pointed out in an earlier post Houllier has a track record of paying big money for forwards that often disappoint.

I'm surprised anyone ever doubts Glaston, he has amazing track record of accurate predictions.

First I don't believe Villa can afford 18-24m and second I don't see Bent wanting to move to a club that's in a relegation battle.

What a **** tool :D .

Yeah, I got that one wrong .... because it's a surprising transfer in many ways:

* The 24m fee

* Moving from a club in contention for top 6 and Europa league place to a club that's in a relegation scrap, at least currently.

* Lerner splashing out so much cash again, following your big accounts loss last time around.

For 24m, which is a staggering sum, I genuinely see it as something of a panic buy. Still his fee is much less than the cost of relegation, so it'll be well worth if he helps to keep you up.

Yes you did get that one wrong, very wrong but having not posted it on here you probably thought you had got away with it.

You can view it however you want I don't much care although I don't see signing a player of his quality as a panic buy, taking Keane off your hands now that would be a panic buy. I also don't see it as being much different to the purchase Spurs made of Palacios in similar circumstances a couple of years ago and I don't think you would have called that a panic buy, I can't know for sure obviously because you were in your period of self imposed exile of several months while Spurs were doing poorly.

As I'm sure you were saying at the time Spurs were in a false position then as we are now, you should know how quickly that can change with the addition of a few players of the right calibre. Feel free to dismiss it as a panic buy if you wish but it makes you look almost as foolish as your prediction that the Bent deal wasn't real.

As you say you got that one wrong and you got our owner wrong, yet only two days later your on here making predictions about our finances about player sales and this that and the other.

You don't know anything about any of it as the quote from the Man Utd site shows.

So carry on enjoying your season and leave us to hopefully enjoy the rest of ours.

Why would we be bitter?

Since Bent left we've finished 4th and are now going well in the Champion's League - so it's not as if we've especially missed him.

Besides, we received 16.5m for selling him. And now we'll get - due to a sell-on clause in his sale contract - 10% of the 7.5m profit made by Sunderland on his 24m price tag to Villa.

I think you've overpaid for him, but he's no doubt a good striker and will certainly help a lot in your battle against relegation.

However, it looks like Villa will be heading for another massive loss in your next set of accounts because your wage bill continues to be huge and your spending spree of recent years continues. So either Lerner will continue to subsidise you or else the sale of Young is around the corner. I'd guess the latter.

**** off

:lol:

Sums up my feelings. The guy thrives on being a word removed.

Your argument about Pav is meaningless as it suggests that managers always know which are the best strikers to bid for. As I pointed out in an earlier post Houllier has a track record of paying big money for forwards that often disappoint.

Whereas your argument is meaningless as it suggests that Spurs supporters always know which are the best strikers to bid for.

Strangely enough, they always seem to coincide with whichever striker Spurs want to get rid of at any given time because they can't get in the team.

If the internet had been invented at the time you'd probably have been lecturing us that we shouldn't be wasting our money on Dion Dublin when we could have had Chris Armstrong off your bench for the same money.

Whereas your argument is meaningless as it suggests that Spurs supporters always know which are the best strikers to bid for.

Strangely enough, they always seem to coincide with whichever striker Spurs want to get rid of at any given time because they can't get in the team.

If the internet had been invented at the time you'd probably have been lecturing us that we shouldn't be wasting our money on Dion Dublin when we could have had Chris Armstrong off your bench for the same money.

As usual it comes down to the fact I support Spurs. The opinons I offer i my own and don't represent all Spurs fans. I've always given genuine opinions regarding players on this site and to be fair so far they shown to be pretty accurate. Some of the members of this site seem to try and turn everything into a Villa fan vs Spurs fan thing and I'm just not interested. You've got Glaston for that. I'm not being critical of this deal just because he's signed for Villa and that's made me bitter, as has been suggested. To prove it here is a link to comments I made regarding Bent on this site over 6 months ago, when there seemed no chance you'd be signing him:

"I think some of you need to watch Darren Bent more carefully. If you see him on MOTD or on youtube, he'll look great. But if he's wearing your teams shirt and therefore you are wathcing him with the same level on intensity that you would say Agbonlahor, i'll think you'll be in for a shock at just how average he is. To even compare him with Rooney is frankly ridiculous. It's alright seeing him tuck chances away in highlight reels, but when you are supporting the team he is playing for, you tend to notice the amount of easy chances he misses and the utter shit of his build up play."

So there really is no need to be so hostile, as I clearly didn't rate Bent or think he was the right player for you way before this all happened. I don't even rate Pav and wouldn't think he'd be a great signing for you, only better than Bent and for less money.

I got to say i post on a few different clubs forums and some of the posters here are by far the least friendly. It's as if everything posted that isn't what you want to hear is seen as an attack on your club.

* Moving from a club in contention for top 6 and Europa league place to a club that's in a relegation scrap, at least currently.

Would you be suprised if a Blackpool player went to Liverpool? I doubt now we'll even finish below them with a decent second half of the season

Why would we be bitter?

Since Bent left we've finished 4th and are now going well in the Champion's League - so it's not as if we've especially missed him.

Besides, we received 16.5m for selling him. And now we'll get - due to a sell-on clause in his sale contract - 10% of the 7.5m profit made by Sunderland on his 24m price tag to Villa.

I think you've overpaid for him, but he's no doubt a good striker and will certainly help a lot in your battle against relegation.

However, it looks like Villa will be heading for another massive loss in your next set of accounts because your wage bill continues to be huge and your spending spree of recent years continues. So either Lerner will continue to subsidise you or else the sale of Young is around the corner. I'd guess the latter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F20105116?thread=8008241&show=50

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A46191486

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F20100666?thread=8007320&show=50

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A79914324

It is no coincidence that this thread descends into farce and the reasonable Spurs fans get lynched when a certain other celebrity Spurs fan comes to feed his habit.

I heard on the radio today that Spurs are getting £3 million from the Bent deal. That's freaking hilarious, no wonder Bruce is pissed off. Spurs have essentially got Peenarse for free, which aint bad.

Bumder

Â