Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I work with a Spurs fan. He is a nightmare, **** unbearable. One of the most arrogant fans I've come across, (nice bloke otherwise) but when they were beating us at VP this season he was sending gloating text after gloating text, then when I asked him where Spurs quality kids were he started slating Albrighton, calling him average, "Beaky" etc.... no doubt there are some good Spurs supporters, but they're few and **** far between.

Your Spurs mate might eat is words.

Should the Welsh monkey be tempted away from Spuds by a big money, big club offer, then 'Arry's first choice for a replacement is Marc Albrighton.

He is extremely high on the Spuds coveted list......

Why would he want a right-winger to replace a left-winger?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should the Welsh monkey be tempted away from Spuds by a big money, big club offer, then 'Arry's first choice for a replacement is Marc Albrighton.

Huh?

For one thing, Bale won't be going anywhere for at least 18 months. Levy already point blank rejected one offer for him in the summer, so there'd be no reason for him to need to accept another in the next couple of windows.

Secondly, I've never seen Albrighton's name mentioned with Spurs in any way at all, barring the match reports of the two games this season.

Ashley Young and Pienaar are the left wingers that have been linked with Spurs, with a Pienaar deal seemingly progressing already.

Have absolutely no idea where you got that Albrighton stuff from, to be honest.

For one thing, Bale won't be going anywhere for at least 18 months. Levy already point blank rejected one offer for him in the summer, so there'd be no reason for him to need to accept another in the next couple of windows

A bold statement... we'll see, Personally I think if you don't get champions league this season then maybe just maybe VDV/Bale will start to look at their options..just saying.

Their fans have the biggest chip on their shoulder of any in the league!

I'd prefer anyone but Spurs!!!

Re-read most of this thread. In particular, re-read ALL of your posts in this thread. Then re-read that comment in bold.

You've won 2 of the big trophies in 129 years of trying! :lol:

All this Spurs are great stuff is just tosh - you've won nowt to be great!

Huh?

For one thing, Bale won't be going anywhere for at least 18 months. Levy already point blank rejected one offer for him in the summer, so there'd be no reason for him to need to accept another in the next couple of windows.

Secondly, I've never seen Albrighton's name mentioned with Spurs in any way at all, barring the match reports of the two games this season.

Ashley Young and Pienaar are the left wingers that have been linked with Spurs, with a Pienaar deal seemingly progressing already.

Have absolutely no idea where you got that Albrighton stuff from, to be honest.

You won't have seen it mentioned, because it came from inside at Spurs, but I did only say that 'Arry coveted him-there's no way he would be going there, just as there was never any chance of him getting Young.

As for the Welsh monkey, if someone huge comes for him at huge money, then he's gone. Remember that it's only about 12 months since they were trying to bin him to Blose. Short shelf life that boyo, and they know it. £25m+ would see them taking the money and running, very fast!

I work with a Spurs fan. He is a nightmare, **** unbearable. One of the most arrogant fans I've come across, (nice bloke otherwise) but when they were beating us at VP this season he was sending gloating text after gloating text, then when I asked him where Spurs quality kids were he started slating Albrighton, calling him average, "Beaky" etc.... no doubt there are some good Spurs supporters, but they're few and **** far between.

That's a good example of how people are selective when deciding how to judge fans of other teams. You've focused on this Spurs fan at work. But there are a few Spurs fans who post in this thread and depsite beating you twice this season and finishing in the CL spots last season, there has been no gloating. You could just as easilty have focused on them. When you read how provocative some of the Villa fans have been in this thread, you really couldn't have blamed the Spurs fans had they taken the opportunity to gloat, which they didn't. Reading through this thread, would you not think it's fair comment to say that had we failed to make the CL or lost to Villa, there would have been numerous gloating and generally provocative posts made by Villa fans?

For one thing, Bale won't be going anywhere for at least 18 months. Levy already point blank rejected one offer for him in the summer, so there'd be no reason for him to need to accept another in the next couple of windows

A bold statement... we'll see, Personally I think if you don't get champions league this season then maybe just maybe VDV/Bale will start to look at their options..just saying.

Cant seee VDV going anywhere. I expect him at Spurs for a long time. HE prefers to be a big fish. Look at his form for Hamburg and then for Real Madrid, Ajax(his last year) and Holland he never thrives when playing with better players

That's a good example of how people are selective when deciding how to judge fans of other teams. You've focused on this Spurs fan at work. But there are a few Spurs fans who post in this thread and depsite beating you twice this season and finishing in the CL spots last season, there has been no gloating. You could just as easilty have focused on them. When you read how provocative some of the Villa fans have been in this thread, you really couldn't have blamed the Spurs fans had they taken the opportunity to gloat, which they didn't. Reading through this thread, would you not think it's fair comment to say that had we failed to make the CL or lost to Villa, there would have been numerous gloating and generally provocative posts made by Villa fans?

You're cursed by the fact you have a bellend of a manager and an association with GlastonSpur on this website. GlastonSpur is a good enough reason to dislike Spurs.

Yes, I would rather United win the league. At least their fans have reason to be arrogant and deluded.

They're not deluded if they have a reason. [/pedant]

They think they're the best in tbe world though. And they once were.... SPurs have never been. In fact since 1961 they haven't even been the best side in their city.

Oh, that was just an example, I work with 6 Spurs fans, 3 Spammers, 1 Villan, 2 Chelskis, 4 gooners, 4 United fans and 2 citeh fans.

All 6 Spurs fans are "Spurs are the best" type supporters. Deluded if you wish.

Add to that some of the ones on 606. Sure there are a few Yids capable of humourous debate, but as I said, a lot are rocket polishers. Including the infamous GlastonSpur.

I'm not saying Villa fans are angels, but Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle fans are the worst fans in the league for delusion.

Having a complete word removed as a manager doesn't really help that for you either.

Last time we discussed the delusions of Spurs fan in this thread I posted a link to the biggest Spurs forum where there was a poll asking if we'd qualify for the CL. The poll showed most Spurs fans thought we wouldn't, yet we did. So that suggests that Spurs fan under estimate how good we are. Yet this thread is full of anecdotal evidence to suggest the opposite, that also requires ignoring a fair bit of what Spurs fans who post on this forum think.

Here is a link to a thread started by an Everton fan on a Spurs forum the other day. In his first question he asks where our fans think we'll finish. I just don't see these answers as those of a bunch of arrogant, delusional fans.

http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/17684-evertonian-peace.html

So you would prefer Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd to win the league. Teams that have monopolised this league since 93. Or would you prefer Man City to win it after spending all that money.

Yes, absolutely yes. ABSOLUTELY YES!

Apart from Blues there is literally no team in the entire football league that I would rather won the league less than Spurs.

Â