Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Every time he had played for Villa he has been our best player in the opinion of most Villa fans.

As much as the comment is obviously subjective, I really don't think Delph was our best player in ANY of the games he played in, in the opinion of the most of our fans either (if theres anyway to judge such nonsense)

I'd say a fairer comment was that Delph had showed signs in most of his performances that he could be a great player. Thats as far as its gone with Delph so far

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time he had played for Villa he has been our best player in the opinion of most Villa fans.

As much as the comment is obviously subjective, I really don't think Delph was our best player in ANY of the games he played in, in the opinion of the most of our fans either (if theres anyway to judge such nonsense)

I'd say a fairer comment was that Delph had showed signs in most of his performances that he could be a great player. Thats as far as its gone with Delph so far

Fair enough but whenever I saw Delph play, he bossed the games. Fiorentina, Man U at home and Bolton away spring to mind, with even the Fiorentina boss commenting on how he was the best player on the pitch.

Dawson ... is a real donkey!

So if Dawson is a donkey, yet last season won the club's Player of the Year award, I guess it must mean that players like Bale, Modric, Defoe, Lennon (etc etc) must all be worse than donkeys.

So I can only imagine that, for you, it's a total mystery how such dreadful players have managed to secure a place in the Champion's League. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

In similar vein, I read on here that Delph is apparently much better than Dawson.

Oh well, never mind, poor old donkey Dawson can console himself with the thought that he may be fit enough in time to play against Inter in the San Siro, whilst Delph can look forward to a sub appearance against Accrington Stanley in the League Cup.

Dawson is horrible and has been shown up at International level, don't know how an International centre half can be compared with an up and coming centre mid though, so no point in continuing the debate.

Glaston never ceases to amaze me though, seriously, why are you still here? You are a laughing stock across various forums on the internet yet you still pop your head up when you think things are going well at your tin pot club only to disappear when the mighty spurs (hahaha) are having a bad trot.

Fair enough but whenever I saw Delph play, he bossed the games. Fiorentina, Man U at home and Bolton away spring to mind, with even the Fiorentina boss commenting on how he was the best player on the pitch.
What about the wiggin game at teh start of last season?

I read on here that Delph is apparently much better than Dawson.
I have already explained about that. In the same way that a player like Shaun Maloney is a better player than Carlos Puyol.

You just put words in people's mouths and then use this for your arguments against nobody.

So if Dawson is a donkey, yet last season won the club's Player of the Year award, I guess it must mean that players like Bale, Modric, Defoe, Lennon (etc etc) must all be worse than donkeys.

So I can only imagine that, for you, it's a total mystery how such dreadful players have managed to secure a place in the Champion's League. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

In similar vein, I read on here that Delph is apparently much better than Dawson.

Oh well, never mind, poor old donkey Dawson can console himself with the thought that he may be fit enough in time to play against Inter in the San Siro, whilst Delph can look forward to a sub appearance against Accrington Stanley in the League Cup.

I stand corrected Michael Dawson is world class as was Djimi Traoré when he won the CL with Liverpool!

Dawson has been proven as totally out of his depth at international level.

You forgot to mention the number of trophies Villa have won compared to Spurs and how Villa are much bigger than the "little north London club."

You feeling okay, fella?

Yeah sorry. After all what major trophies our clubs have won is all important.

We've won a multiple of four times as many of the main domestic and European competition combined :D

A club that has not been the top team in London for over 100 of the top flight years has to have a special bunch of fans. :lol:

Dawson is too **** slow and severely lacks agility, just like Terry and just like Carragher and to a certain point like Vidic. This means they can all look good aerially (except for Carragher) but they all get raped on the turn by pace into space. I don't know why we have to play these easily defeated static lumps in our national team, I really don't.

I doubt he will want to be fit for that. Etoo will tear him to bits.

Also the players you mentioned above are better than Dawson.

Do the Villa fans still consider your defecne in general and Dunne to be good? I remember at the start of last season when Dawson was injured, that a number of you said our defence was shit and yours was much better and Dunne in particular was better than any of our defenders. The main argument to support this was that you'd conceded less goals. But seeing as since Dawson returned and played all our remaining games, our defensive record was better than yours and we also had less shots against us, what that makes of your great defence compared to ours? Dunne in particular seemed to make a lot of errors. It does seem fair to judge a defence on the amount of goals it concedes and given yours has become more leaky than ours and Dunne a particular seems to be a casue for this, does this mean you genrlly consider us to have the better set of defenders at them moment? Would any of your defence start for us?

Do the Villa fans still consider your defecne in general and Dunne to be good?...Dunne in particular seemed to make a lot of errors.

Dunne who? Richard Dunne? PFA Premier League Team of the Year 2009/10 Richard Dunne? No, he was rubbish. All of his fellow professionals were just taking the piss when they voted him into that team.

It does seem fair to judge a defence on the amount of goals it concedes and given yours has become more leaky than ours and Dunne a particular seems to be a casue for this, does this mean you genrlly consider us to have the better set of defenders at them moment? Would any of your defence start for us?

Richard Dunne would start for any team. IMO Lucio is better, Nesta is better (well was during his return to fitness), Ledley King is about as good when not injured (ie. rarely).

Given both squads together (all fit) I would start L. Young, King, Dunne, BAE. What I will say is that your defensive midfielders are much better at protecting your back four, that would be my take on why you conceded less.

Do the Villa fans still consider your defecne in general and Dunne to be good? I remember at the start of last season when Dawson was injured, that a number of you said our defence was shit and yours was much better and Dunne in particular was better than any of our defenders. The main argument to support this was that you'd conceded less goals. But seeing as since Dawson returned and played all our remaining games, our defensive record was better than yours and we also had less shots against us, what that makes of your great defence compared to ours? Dunne in particular seemed to make a lot of errors. It does seem fair to judge a defence on the amount of goals it concedes and given yours has become more leaky than ours and Dunne a particular seems to be a casue for this, does this mean you genrlly consider us to have the better set of defenders at them moment? Would any of your defence start for us?

If the stat involving the game Dawson has played is true, then I think a large part of it was because you had Palacios in front of him.

I don't really remember any error from Dunne last season.

And Dunne and Warnock would start for Tottenham, most definitely.

Dawson is not a world beater by any means but you cannot say he is shite. He is an average defender who can do a fair job in a decent side with a not so great defence , that's about it. Nothing more, nothing less.

World class or anything even remotely close to it , he is not.

Dawson is pretty shit to be fair. Delph in most games he's featured in has been one of our best players.

Man United at home especially, he was our best player.

Can't really comapre them though, totally different players and positions. I think Delph will play for England in a few years. I like Dawson but i don't think he's good enough for England either.

If the stat involving the game Dawson has played is true, then I think a large part of it was because you had Palacios in front of him.

I don't really remember any error from Dunne last season.

And Dunne and Warnock would start for Tottenham, most definitely.

We also played the same players every game so as the season went on players were carrying knocks and generally not covering the same ground to protect the back 4.

Do the Villa fans still consider your defecne in general and Dunne to be good?...Dunne in particular seemed to make a lot of errors.

Dunne who? Richard Dunne? PFA Premier League Team of the Year 2009/10 Richard Dunne? No, he was rubbish. All of his fellow professionals were just taking the piss when they voted him into that team.

:lol:

Â