Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well #1 must be the lie cuz there's 19. #2 is the vast distortion and that must mean #3 is ignorance?

# 1 is a typo mistake (I meant 17 clubs besides Spurs, Villa and Man. Utd) - now edited (see above).

#2 It's a vast distortion to describe King and VdV as arguably world class? I think not.

#3. Not ignorance, but instead an accurate representation of my what I've previously said on here.

Has Sandra made twitchin' 'Arry's 25 man squad?

If you're asking whether is Sandro availiable to play for Spurs this season in any and all competitions, then yes, of course he is.

Guess that one just passed over your head heh Glaston? :winkold:

B)Play both of them together in midfield with a DM behind them(Very weak, will be annihilated in the PL)

Premier League fans are obsessed with the idea that players have to be physical to compete in the Premier League, but when this is put to the test, in rarely proves to be true. On the opening day of the season, we played Man City, who played 3 defensive midfield players. We went with a 2 man CM of Huddlestone and Modric. And it was a stroll in the park for Hudd and Modders. In 2007/8 Man utd often played a 2 man CM of Scholes and Carrick. VDV certainly isn't anymore lightweigth or less aggressive than they are. He could easily play in the middle. He only played about 1200 mins for Madrid and still won 44 tackles last season. Stephen Ireland played close to 1500 mins and only made 28 tackles. It seems to me everytime a foreign player, who is known for his technical ability and creativity, comes to this country, people doubt their ability to handle the physical nature of the premier league.

At the weekend I watched Arteta play as a midfield anchor against you and control the game. Ironically you scored because of mistake by the physically imopsing Fellani. VDV is no less physical than Arteta. I'm sure both VDV and Arteta are more aggressive and stronger on the ball than Huddlestone (despite is huge size). For years I kept reading huddlestone couldn't play in a 442 becasue he wasn't physical enough for the Prem, yet he seems to have done pretty damn well in that role. Danny Murphy played a deep midfield role for Fulham last season and before that in a 2 CM with Jimmy Bullard. And from his time at Tottenham I can tell you that there are few less physical players around than Danny Murphy. A couple of seasons ago I saw Arsenal demolish Blackburn 4-0, with a CM pairing of Denilson and Fabregas. We played Stoke and Wigan over the last couple of weeks and struggled because we played the highly physical Palacios, as the leightweight Modric was injured.

Personally i think that if you aren't a top class player, than you need to be physically aggressive, but if you have real top draw technical ability, the Prem is a great place to play football.

Well #1 must be the lie cuz there's 19. #2 is the vast distortion and that must mean #3 is ignorance?

# 1 is a typo mistake (I meant 17 clubs besides Spurs, Villa and Man. Utd) - now edited (see above).

#2 It's a vast distortion to describe King and VdV as arguably world class? I think not.

#3. Not ignorance, but instead an accurate representation of my what I've previously said on here.

Meh, I was only joking with that post really.

:lol: yes it is, but i will give you the benefit of the doubt of us living in an age when anyone who puts in a decent performance over the weekend spends the next week labelled world class in the media, case in point our very own ashley young

king is nowhere near wolrd class, he's not even close to being one of the top 10 CBs in world football, same for VDV

These are supposed to be 5 reasons why Spurs have failed? Dear oh dear!

1) Wage structure: a big reason why Spurs usually have plenty of spare cash available to spend on transfer fees when they wish to. Nor does it stop the club from signing talented players.

2) Young Boys defeat? I seem to recall we won the tie 6 - 3 in the end.

3) Levy's love of brinkmanship: a prime reason why he succeeds in screwing 30.25m from Man. Utd for Berbatov, 18.6m for Carrick (in the days when 18.6m was huge) and sign VdV for just 8m .. just 3 examples from many.

4) Scattergun transfer policy? Which club finished 4th? Which club finished 5th twice in the preceding 4 years? Which club has improved its squad out of all recognition compared to 5 years ago?

5) Shirt sponsor: massive increase in money ... what more needs to be said.

To compare VDV to Lampard is laughable. His goal record a midfielder was good in Holland/Germany. He was naff for Madrid. 5 goals in 40 games in his first season, 7 in 30 in his second. He's now in a league that he will have less time and space than he would get in Spain, I wouldn't hold my breath for a Lampad-esque goal machine from midfield.

Modric is better suited to your team and the league because he works hard. Anytime I've watched VDV he's been absent unless he's on the ball. You're going to have to change your team in order to fufill his potential and I'm a firm believe in 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

Basically, you needed a striker and got a luxury player.

Don't tell me you aren't a tad disapointed.

These are supposed to be 5 reasons why Spurs have failed? Dear oh dear!

1) Wage structure: a big reason why Spurs usually have plenty of spare cash available to spend on transfer fees when they wish to. Nor does it stop the club from signing talented players.

2) Young Boys defeat? I seem to recall we won the tie 6 - 3 in the end.

3) Levy's love of brinkmanship: a prime reason why he succeeds in screwing 30.25m from Man. Utd for Berbatov, 18.6m for Carrick (in the days when 18.6m was huge) and sign VdV for just 8m .. just 3 examples from many.

4) Scattergun transfer policy? Which club finished 4th? Which club finished 5th twice in the preceding 4 years? Which club has improved its squad out of all recognition compared to 5 years ago?

5) Shirt sponsor: massive increase in money ... what more needs to be said.

Thank you. That response shows how you miss the point by a mile. Number 2 is a particular favourite response as it misses by tens of miles. Again, thank you. Very entertaining. It also illustrates perfectly why there really is no further reason to chat. Have a good day and good luck this season :thumb:

Glaston do you think Arry is a dodgy feck?

Jez, why do you think that you stopped beating your wife?

It's the same type of question.

Not really; he’s not asking you a personal question (unless you are Harry?), he’s asked you a question about your manager? Or have I misunderstood?

I love this thread.

If Harry had turned down the chance to sign VdV no doubt Glaston would be agreeing with everything BOF says about VdV.

Once again, Harry could pluck a small child from the crowd at WHL, sodomize him/her in the centre circle, jizz on the nearest ball boy, execute all the first borns in the crowd and then anally penetrate himself with the corner flag whilst arranging his latest bung...and Glaston would still argue it was the best thing in theworld ever.

Lol a real desperation signing Vdv was,We all know Spurs love to play 4-4-2 so who's he gonna replace? Modric?

It's like Levy was 'Wtf Vdv for 8 mill ill have me a bit on that cheap as chips mate',Even though its not where they need to improve.

Â