Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

From a respected poster on SC who wishes to remain anonymous

With regard Ashley Young.

We are indeed interested in him (As The Scout has said). Villa are also very interested in some of our players, namely Keane, Bentley and Jenas.

There were two possible deals mentioned, one where all three move to Villa for around £25m with us then getting AY for £19m, the other was Keane + Cash for AY.

As with all insider info, it's to be taken with a pinch of salt. But figured it'd be worth posting here, all the same.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Young for £19m.

lol

Indeed. MON rates Young far higher than Milner. Didn't he once quote £75m for Young?

While we all know Young is not worth £75m, he's also never said that about Milner.

MON's quotes this weekend about Young should be assurance enough that there is not a chance he will be leaving Villa for a fee in the region of £19m.

Laughable.

Oh, and this isn't a City argument, more of a general argument

Well, obviously, given that you've acheived **** all in present or past.

r7sjm0.jpg

Whilst we may not have won as much in our history as your good selves, we weren't exactly formed yesterday. And apologies for the placement of the speech marks, it annoys me too bit I'm not the author of it.

Not being funny Damocles, but you can't boast a proud history of Division 2 runners-up, league runners-up and play-off wins. These are not achievements.

Being in the top flight and finishing 17th is better than a lower league play off win. You're playing lesser opposition in a play off.

I find your post quite funny. And incredibly naiive.

Did you just skip over the Football League Champions, FA Cup Winners, European Cup Winners Cup Winners and League Cup Winners? Anyway, the runners up/playoff thing is there because the honours list he grabbed it off was in a book.

Why has the Man Citeh Topic turned into the Spurs one and vice versa?, can we talk about the arrogant cocks in here please and arrogant cash rich buffoons in the other topic, is it really too much to ask?

Tony, you asked in the City thread who Spurs had signed from China, South Africa, Brazil and the US.

They signed the Brazil under-21 captain, Sandro, from Inter this season, as a result of the partnership formed between the two teams.

As for the other partnerships, I believe they're more for commercial purposes than the intention of uncovering new talent. Although obviously, if a good prospect does emerge from those partnerships, Spurs would have first option on them.

Tony, you asked in the City thread who Spurs had signed from China, South Africa, Brazil and the US.

They signed the Brazil under-21 captain, Sandro, from Inter this season, as a result of the partnership formed between the two teams.

As for the other partnerships, I believe they're more for commercial purposes than the intention of uncovering new talent. Although obviously, if a good prospect does emerge from those partnerships, Spurs would have first option on them.

We've also had a couple of players on trial from our S.African partner club, SuperSport United. This includes one current triallist, I think, Bongani Khumalo, a defender who played for S.Africa in the WC.

Just found out that Joe Cole in fact agreed to join Spurs and then Liverpool came in with more money right at the death and Cole went to them

Old Harry with his Cole acted like a gentleman crap ... still I don't suppose Harry's ego would allow him to admit he got done

Sandro might be great, but I think I'll wait to see how he performs. Didn't Lucas get named best player in Brazil a few seasons back? And he really is shit.

A guy on one of the Spurs forums made some clips of him (edited his contributions from whole games, rather than usual youtube best bits) adn he looked a very soild DM. But I've read about him on a few Brazilian football forums and they weren't very impressed with him and were suprised he got capped by Brazil.

A couple of Brazilians I spoke to mentioned that the Brazil cap thing is effectively a scam by agents. They suggest their client that might be alright gets a cap to get him noticed in some random friendly/nothing game, sold on to a European team for a fair old whack, agent laughs all the way to the bank.

Â