Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

What and raise our fans excessive expectations even more?

I'm not saying I'm saying I want O'Neil to say we are going to try and win the league, its all relative.

It would be nice though to talk up ambition, it pushes players, lifts fans and attracts players. I just think that is better than the 'we will try' statements coming out of Villa of late.

Anyway, I wasn't knocking O'Neill more saying for once I don't really have any issue with what Redknapp said.

Redknapp is in cuckoo land.

Be honest, you probably said similar this time last year when he was saying they were aiming for top 4.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just can't say anything in private can he?! (Apart from his bunging and tax evading.)

To the press should be, "Lots of games, hard season, added pressure blah blah blah"

But no! Redknapp said: “If I went out now and brought in the four players I wanted from anywhere, we would win the title. If we went out and bought four world-class players, no matter what the price, we would have a fantastic chance." Fool.

Trumpet blowing Candlewax Face

He hasn't said too much wrong. If we bought 4 or 5 world class players we would be in with a shout, **** even if Wigan bought 4 or 5 world class players they would be in with a shout to win the league.

It's the world class players that distinguish the line between ourselves and the big boys.

Win the title with his current squad? His he having a laugh?

Modric? Palacios? Dawson? All good enough.

Just put maybe one top class striker (Fabiano), a defender that is better than Bassong and less injury prone than King and hope Huddlestone develops quickly and viola.

Just put maybe one top class striker (Fabiano), a defender that is better than Bassong and less injury prone than King and hope Huddlestone develops quickly and viola.

Palacios not good enough, nor is Dawson.

They have many good players, but not that quality or experience to win the league.

They had their best Premiership season and still finished 16 points off the title?! with the same squad + maybe an addition or two, they are not suddenly going to challenge for the title. They were closer to 13th than they were 1st......

I just heard his interview in the gym. Fair play to the guy for having a bit of ambition. Still, I think he needs a few world class players before he will be able to start competeingwith Chelsea and Man Utd over a full season.

Its called ambition. Like when Capello said England could win World Cup we all know he was talking rubbish but I would like our manager to act this way even if he knows it wont happen.

Its called ambition. Like when Capello said England could win World Cup we all know he was talking rubbish but I would like our manager to act this way even if he knows it wont happen.

So would I, would make a refreshing change.

they have a great side and harry might be a clearing in the woods but still knows what he's doing

i dont think they are anywhere near good enough to win the league, there's a reason only 4 teams have ever won the prem (and how long ago was blackburn? or arsenal) i think the days of some team putting a run together and winning the league are sadly long gone, 4th to 1st in one year? wont happen, especially if they get CL group stage

*king hell and that would only add more unreasonable expectations to those with unreasonable expectations. Remember when the General made a throw away comment about singing World Class players? He was held to it for a couple of years by those who expected Kaka and company to happily pack up and move to Birmingham.

Dawson good enough to win the title?!?!?!

Yeh right. He's shite.

He'd be warming the bench with Davies if he was in our squad.

Terry won it.

A defender who is not only a word removed but is terrible against pace.

Dawson good enough to win the title?!?!?!

Yeh right. He's shite.

He'd be warming the bench with Davies if he was in our squad.

Shite, really?

The guy was immense last season. Took two player of the year awards from Spurs players and fans, in Spurs' best season in forever.

He was integral part in one of the best defences in the league.

He wins absolutely everything in the air.

He's quick enough to not get beaten for pace by all but the most rapid of players, but positionally he's now good enough to not be in a position to have to chase strikers anymore.

And he's as brave as they come.

I really don't get how some people can say he's shit. Maybe saying he's not top, top class, but calling him shit is ridiculous.

It's like you haven't actually seen him play since 2007.

Palacios not good enough, nor is Dawson.

They have many good players, but not that quality or experience to win the league.

They had their best Premiership season and still finished 16 points off the title?! with the same squad + maybe an addition or two, they are not suddenly going to challenge for the title. They were closer to 13th than they were 1st......

It'll be the same squad, but most of the younger players will be that little bit better and more experienced. Plus, Spurs suffered a dreadful season with injuries last year.

Losing Lennon for over half of the season, when he was in his best form of his career before November. Modric lost four months, Defoe was out for a couple of months, Woodgate missed the entire season, King was King, Bale was injured for the first three months.

And in March/April there were as many as 9 squad players, many in the same positions, injured at the same time. So with less injuries this year, there will already be a stronger squad than last year.

Â