Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you not seen 'arry's 14th interview today saying how much he likes joe cole, what he'd have done if he was england manager and tapping players up under the cloak of "this boy will be special for england"

i still see plenty of reasons to hate them

you not seen 'arry's 14th interview today saying how much he likes joe cole, what he'd have done if he was england manager and tapping players up under the cloak of "this boy will be special for england"

i still see plenty of reasons to hate them

Tell me about it, I'm sick of seeing his melting face on the TV every frickin day, speaking about some player.

King looks the best centre back in the premiership. He must go to the world cup.

Yes. Yes he must.

:lol:

I don't know what's worse. That he, unsurprisingly, only managed 45 minutes. Or that when Carragher came on, we stopped getting raped in the air from set-peices.

But that's okay, because Milner was amazing against USA, right?

I know you're only joking but seriously, Milner had a virus before that game and was out of position (he hasn't been left wing since his Newcastle days). King is IIRC a centre back. So yes Milner was shite but with 2 pretty good reasons. Why Capello picked him I'll never know.

I know you're only joking but seriously, Milner had a virus before that game and was out of position (he hasn't been left wing since his Newcastle days). King is IIRC a centre back. So yes Milner was shite but with 2 pretty good reasons. Why Capello picked him I'll never know.

And King pulled his groin in the 4th minute, hardly surprising that he wasn't able to jump really.

And people claim King shouldn't have been picked because of his injuries etc. His problem was his knee, he picked up the injury in his groin, completely unrelated issue. It was just a very unfortunate, if somewhat typical, thing to happen, especially with the press making such a big issue of his knee problems.

And King pulled his groin in the 4th minute, hardly surprising that he wasn't able to jump really.

And people claim King shouldn't have been picked because of his injuries etc. His problem was his knee, he picked up the injury in his groin, completely unrelated issue. It was just a very unfortunate, if somewhat typical, thing to happen, especially with the press making such a big issue of his knee problems.

He shouldn't of been picked because of his knee.

He just happened to injure his groin first.

He shouldn't of been picked because of his knee.

He just happened to injure his groin first.

No, he had to be picked, despite his knee. Without King, England would've been left with Terry and either Carragher or Upson in defence, with Dawson probably still being an unused sub.

And a central defence pairing of two of those three players is scary, in a bad way. Quite possibly the slowest pairing I've seen in England.

No, he had to be picked, despite his knee. Without King, England would've been left with Terry and either Carragher or Upson in defence, with Dawson probably still being an unused sub.

That happened anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
Cole 'wanted to join Tottenham'

Harry Redknapp has revealed that new Liverpool signing Joe Cole had "wanted to come to Tottenham".

Cole, 28, joined the Reds on a free transfer this week after he was released by Chelsea in May.

"I spoke to him a month ago and I thought he was coming here," said Tottenham manager Redknapp, who managed the midfielder at West Ham.

"He wanted to come to Spurs. He'd made his mind up - I had no doubt. But a month went by and Liverpool moved in."

England international Cole signed a four-year deal with the Anfield club and will reportedly earn £90,000 per week.

Meanwhile, Redknapp believes Tottenham could win the Premier League this season.

The 63-year-old helped Spurs to their highest Premier League finish last season, with fourth spot also guaranteeing the club a place in the Champions League.

"I feel we could contend for the title; we have got the players here," added Redknapp.

"We have to aim for it. We could win the championship.

"Last year, we went in saying we wanted to finish in the top four and if you don't aim for things, you have no chance."

However Redknapp, whose only signing of the summer so far is Brazilian midfielder Sandro, said he would need to strengthen the squad in order to challenge strongly on both European and domestic fronts.

I feel that, if we can bring one or two players in, it will make a difference

Harry Redknapp

"The Champions League is massive - forget budgets - we just want to be there," stated Redknapp.

"If we can get into the group stages, we can make an impact. We have good players - some fantastic ones at our club. And they can get better.

"We are going to have to rotate at times - we cannot play the best players all the time. I feel that, if we can bring one or two players in, it will make a difference."

What a rocket polisher!

Yeah, rocket polisher for sure, but I don't mind that article.

If you shoot top you just might finish top 4. If you shoot for top 4 you just might finish top 7. The aim every single season has to be to win the league. We can beat Man U, we can beat Chelsea, therefore we can beat everybody.

Redknapp is in cuckoo land.

He's only in the cuckoo land qualifers at the moment. But he might well be there in a month.

Â