Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

like i said i thought he was more of a winger and would get more assists than those others so it wont all go tits up when he doesnt score at the same ratio, at least he has something else to offer that alves and kezman didnt (plop at least get a decent work rate from kuyt if nothing else)

i agree with the step up, maybe bayern if ribery goes? a front 3 of gomez / suarez / robben?

either way, he's still too good for spurs

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which games has he derended badly...

INERITABLE!

kim-jong-il-puppet-team-america.jpg

Ahem, sorry. Couldn't resist. Back to the topic...

Bale needs to maintain his current form through next season for any of the bigger clubs to start taking a serious look. Don't get me wrong, the lad's done really well but there's so many flash-in-a-pan youngsters around these days that have one great season and then five years later they wind up at Ebbsfleet (no offence to Ebbsfleet intended). He's certainly got everything going for him though.

3-1 flattered United today, although I did have to laugh at how utterly stonewall the first penalty was. I think if most Spurs fan's were told they were getting 6 points from the last 3 games they would've been very happy indeed. Oh, and Rafael's attempted goal-line overhead clearance when a simple header would have done was quite hilarious.

As for the Eredivisie, I think back in the 90's you weren't taking as much of a chance on players as the general quality of the league was better (despite the fact that the league seems more competitive throughout now then it was back then).

he hardly got raped, apart from the goal he was pretty much immaculate, Valencia didn't have a clue 1st half

I agree with BOF, I think he will be the best left back in the world by some distance aswell, can't believe some people think Warnock's better

BEST LEFT BACK IN THE WORLD BY SOME DISTANCE!?

You having a laugh, where do you produce these crazy views from. He's class but today showed why he should be playing higher up the pitch.

There was a number of occasions where runs in between him were made and he didn't pick them up and people got in behind. Defending one on one, he's fine, good defender but his positional sense and concentration in that position is so lacking and easy to say and a quality team exposed him today.

Bale had a bit of a mare today. Not sure why he was just standing there and let Nani run right past him on the way to score the 2nd goal. :lol:

POB is pretty much spot on, in my opinion. 1-on-1 he is okay and he has the pace to make up for a few mistakes. But he clearly isn't a left back, he just doesn't know what he's doing back there.

he WILL in the future, he's by far the best in the prem and he's only 20, the sky's the limit for him

he made 1 mistake all game by not tracking Nani, other than that he was excellent

quality team?? behave

I've seen them play live around 10-15 times this season and they haven't impressed me at all

the lack of creativity in their midfield is astounding

he WILL in the future, he's by far the best in the prem and he's only 20, the sky's the limit for him

he made 1 mistake all game by not tracking Nani, other than that he was excellent

quality team?? behave

I've seen them play live around 10-15 times this season and they haven't impressed me at all

1 Mistake? there was several times he was caught out of position?

As for by far best left back in Prem, nearly as bad as Darren Bent better than Rooney.

Quality team behave? Yeah, hence why they are top of the league because they know how to win games and have a quality team. Not as good as recent years but still a very good team.

No creativity, Paul Scholes for one is one of the most forward thinking, clever passers in the country.

By far the best left back in the Prem? :lol:

He's played, what, maybe 6 or 7 games in that position, been poor in a number of them, and he's the best in the league? He aint even fit to lace Ashley Coles boots yet. He's on par with Clichy for his (lack of) defensive ability and makes up for it going forward.

He won't ever be a good left back in the future because he won't be one. He may play the odd game there due to injury (like what he's been doing now), but he'll be a career left winger I reckon.

quality team?? behave

1 Mistake? there was several times he was caught out of position?

As for by far best left back in Prem, nearly as bad as Darren Bent better than Rooney.

Quality team behave? Yeah, hence why they are top of the league because they know how to win games and have a quality team. Not as good as recent years but still a very good team.

No creativity, Paul Scholes for one is one of the most forward thinking, clever passers in the country.

no there wasn't he had an excellent game, there is no better left back in the league, look at the amount of goal he's assisted/scored recently and on top of that he's a very good defender

I think most teams could win games after being gifted 2 penalties by inept refereeing, they should make the most of being top as they won't be there for long

Aside from Scholes and Giggs, there is literally nothing and there aren't as good as they once were

I will stop commenting now, scg must be the least knowledgable football fan on this board. Honestly.

Bent better than Rooney, inept refereeing? Two definate penalties.....bale no mistakes? Made 3 just on match of day and that's 5 minute highlights!!! Look at goals and assists!?!!?!? He's been playing left wing that's why, not left back. First job of a defender is to defend.

gifted 2 penalties by inept refereeing

What game were you watching?

Seriously, there are two of the most clear cut penalties all season.

And to say Bale didn't make mistakes is utter shit. I'm sure even Joey, Glaston etc will admit that.

I think most teams could win games after being gifted 2 penalties by inept refereeing,

I'm sorry but I just can't take your posts seriously after a comment like this.

Both were as nailed on penalties as you'll see.

Â