Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I agree with BOF. The reality is when Spurs fans come on a Villa site and give it the "bigun" as happens quite regularly then you're going to come off second best.

Any talk of "we've done this" and "we've done that" will always be trumped by the fact that Villa have outperformed Spurs in the main 2 competitions and done better than you overall.

So, if Spurs fans do want to come on here, the least they should do is respect they're coming on a more succesful club's board :cheers:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I genuinely don't get the anamosity from Villa fans

It's probably because you are one of our main rivals this season.

And we just don't like Redknapp.

And give it a rest Brumstopdogs, you're sounding like a broken record.

Credit to Glaston, i fully expected him to do his usual disappearing act after yesterday's result.

Doesn't make his bullshit selective history any less annoying though!

But it doesn't. This is why i and probably the other Spurs fans who post here, are so surprised at the attitudes in this thread. Spurs fans in general have no idea that there is bad blood between our fans and Villa. In fact i can confidently say that from Spurs point of view there isn't. Arsenal, Chelsea and Wham are our traditional enemies (and to be honest the Wham thing is only because they are so determined to be our enemies.) The average Spurs fan wont have a clue what Villa have won over the years and wont care really either. In fact evertyime Villa wins something it means a year went by that one of our rivals didn't, so it would generally be seen as a good thing. I genuinely don't get the anamosity from Villa fans and from I can see in this thread it largelly seems to be of your own making. To be honest I have no clue if it's just members of this site or Villa fans in general that have a problem with Spurs, but I know for sure, that Villa are well down the pecking order in when it comes to vitriol.

Well given that we only have the Spurs fans who post on this forum to go by, it would appear as though Spurs fans have a very exaggerated sense of their club's size and importance. So you can thank your fellow fans for the attitude you get on here. You're only reaping what they've sewn in the past.

It seems you are determined to blame it on Spurs fans and mostly Glaston. You seem to have a them and us attitude, instead of treating each pster as an individual. But he isn't that bad (I can't see the problem with him at all, but I don't get the hatred shown towards so mnay pundits in this country either, so maybe I'm just too tolerant) and his main fault is responding or taking the bait. He is no different to so many fans of all clubs and he really doesn't come here giving it the "bigun." More than anything this thread demonstrates the intolerance a few posters have towards a poster who supports another club. It's almost as you ar eblind to the fact that more often than not it is villa fans provoking Galston that casues him to respond in a way that annoys many of you. You must be able to see that most of the issue's anger shown in this thread is started by certain posters posting in a provocative way aimed at annoying Spurs fans (mainly Glaston.)

Why would you base your opinions on the fans of a club on the posters in this thread? Surely you are wise enough to realise that what club a person supports says little about them as a person and you can't define a fanbase with ignorant stereotyping. Though I honeslty don't think the Spurs fans in this thread have shown themselves in a particuarly bad light. At the very least you must acknowledge we don't come here with intention of winding you all up, as is often the case when supporters of another club post on a teams forum.

Seriously, if Spurs fans based their opinions of Villa fans based on this thread what do you think they would be?

I hate the prolonged version of 'Oh when the spurs, go marching in' that they do. It bugs me

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen the spuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurs

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarching

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

:puke:

You all taunt Glaston and they have real pop at him when he hits back. I genuinely don't think you can claim you intentionally wind him up just to get a reaction or otherwise you wouldn't get so pissed of at how he responds. Surely those who get angry at Glaston should be equally pissed off at the Villa fans in this thread that continually post bollocks they must know will get a response. If certain posters were more accomodating to Glaston and accept that it is perfectly normal for a fan to be biased towards his own club, then I'm sure this thread would be alot better. Because the Glaston is outnumbered you convince yourselves that he is to blame, when he's only guilty of taking the bait. Admittedly he does it time and time again, but I can't see how there can be so much seemingly genuine anamosity towards him, when poster go out of their way to get a rise from him. I post on a few non Spurs forums and never get into any arguments, but here it's hard not to and it's genuinley becasue of the antagonistic posting style of some of your members. Even the mods seem to take sides. If you are going to allow non Villa fans to join they should be given the same rights in terms of moderation etc. Personally I'm happy to read the views of non Spurs fans on Spurs forums. In fact, at times, i find it more interesting than reading the opinions of other Spurs fans. The key is not to take everything they say as an attack on your club.

This Glory Glory post sums it up more or less

Greg understands the only necessary rule about being an "away fan", so to speak, on another club's message board............which is, don't spend half your time on that board trying to defend or big up your club. He also understands that, no matter how thoughtful, rational or factual his posts on the subject of Newcastle Utd might be, there will be certain posters on here who won't want to hear it and certain times when no posters on here want to hear it. So he leaves it be. If someone slags off Newcastle on here, it's water off a duck's back to him. He rises above it, however much he might be tempted to set that person straight.

If you have a butchers at Red Cafe (Man Utd forum) or Villa Talk, you'll see a regular poster called GlastonSpur who gets involved in any discussion about Spurs. He finds himself perpetually responding to Utd or Villa fans who criticize / take the piss out of Spurs. What he posts is usually accurate and articulate. If I posted on those boards, I would be tempted to say much the same as him. He's not a wind up merchant and he doesn't make any especially wild claims about Spurs.

But he is derided and disliked on those boards by the majority of Utd and Villa fans. They find his constant defence of all things Spurs to be tedious. They want to criticize / take the piss out of Spurs because it is their board. And they don't want someone arguing with them every time they do.

Compare and contrast to an occasional Spurs poster on RAWK (Liverpool forum) - Tommy W (who used to be a regular on here). Like Greg, he just goes with the flow. He does post about Spurs on there but he rides with the criticism and the piss-takes. He doesn't try to fight it. Consequently, he is generally liked and respected and if any of them ever do want to ask a serious question about Spurs, they value his input.

Manc in London is, unfortunately for him, the equivalent of GlastonSpur on this board. He doesn't think he is being unreasonable or a WUM. And, by strict definition, he is neither. But normal rules don't apply on another club's message board. He needs to understand that, when in Rome...........

Oh, and Greg? It's not just that he doesn't get bogged down in arguments about Newcastle Utd. It's also the fact that he's been here so long and contributed so fully that he's now part of the furniture. A chair, if you like - albeit a ginger coloured tub chair that looks (is) pissed and occasionally blurts "howay".

You all taunt Glaston and they have real pop at him when he hits back. I genuinely don't think you can claim you intentionally wind him up just to get a reaction or otherwise you wouldn't get so pissed of at how he responds. Surely those who get angry at Glaston should be equally pissed off at the Villa fans in this thread that continually post bollocks they must know will get a response. If certain posters were more accomodating to Glaston and accept that it is perfectly normal for a fan to be biased towards his own club, then I'm sure this thread would be alot better. Because the Glaston is outnumbered you convince yourselves that he is to blame, when he's only guilty of taking the bait. Admittedly he does it time and time again, but I can't see how there can be so much seemingly genuine anamosity towards him, when poster go out of their way to get a rise from him. I post on a few non Spurs forums and never get into any arguments, but here it's hard not to and it's genuinley becasue of the antagonistic posting style of some of your members. Even the mods seem to take sides. If you are going to allow non Villa fans to join they should be given the same rights in terms of moderation etc. Personally I'm happy to read the views of non Spurs fans on Spurs forums. In fact, at times, i find it more interesting than reading the opinions of other Spurs fans. The key is not to take everything they say as an attack on your club.

This Glory Glory post sums it up more or less

Greg understands the only necessary rule about being an "away fan", so to speak, on another club's message board............which is, don't spend half your time on that board trying to defend or big up your club. He also understands that, no matter how thoughtful, rational or factual his posts on the subject of Newcastle Utd might be, there will be certain posters on here who won't want to hear it and certain times when no posters on here want to hear it. So he leaves it be. If someone slags off Newcastle on here, it's water off a duck's back to him. He rises above it, however much he might be tempted to set that person straight.

If you have a butchers at Red Cafe (Man Utd forum) or Villa Talk, you'll see a regular poster called GlastonSpur who gets involved in any discussion about Spurs. He finds himself perpetually responding to Utd or Villa fans who criticize / take the piss out of Spurs. What he posts is usually accurate and articulate. If I posted on those boards, I would be tempted to say much the same as him. He's not a wind up merchant and he doesn't make any especially wild claims about Spurs.

But he is derided and disliked on those boards by the majority of Utd and Villa fans. They find his constant defence of all things Spurs to be tedious. They want to criticize / take the piss out of Spurs because it is their board. And they don't want someone arguing with them every time they do.

Compare and contrast to an occasional Spurs poster on RAWK (Liverpool forum) - Tommy W (who used to be a regular on here). Like Greg, he just goes with the flow. He does post about Spurs on there but he rides with the criticism and the piss-takes. He doesn't try to fight it. Consequently, he is generally liked and respected and if any of them ever do want to ask a serious question about Spurs, they value his input.

Manc in London is, unfortunately for him, the equivalent of GlastonSpur on this board. He doesn't think he is being unreasonable or a wind-up merchant. And, by strict definition, he is neither. But normal rules don't apply on another club's message board. He needs to understand that, when in Rome...........

Oh, and Greg? It's not just that he doesn't get bogged down in arguments about Newcastle Utd. It's also the fact that he's been here so long and contributed so fully that he's now part of the furniture. A chair, if you like - albeit a ginger coloured tub chair that looks (is) pissed and occasionally blurts "howay".

I don't agree with that. I see his point but generally Greg is no different to Glaston. Glaston is mocked at Redcafe, but he recieves nothing like the treatment he gets here. In fact most of the shit he gets on Redcafe comes from a couple of Arsenal fans. Here is gets real vitriol and seems to evoke genuine anger alot the time. At Redcafe there will be the occassional time that he pisses people off, but the same happens with Greg at GloryGlory and it's not comparable with what happens in this thread.

I believe the important thing to remember here is, it's a Villa forum, if you don't like it, plenty of Spurs forums to go around.

Glaston takes the piss. He rarely drags out a decent argument, he generally pulls out fudged figures to support his argument (I'd wager about 40% of this thread is people telling him/arguing the toss with him over his like of putting Spurs in a good light with fudged stats, most popularly setting time periods permissable for success to be rated, which is absurd).

The vitriol he gets is well earned.

I hate the prolonged version of 'Oh when the spurs, go marching in' that they do. It bugs me

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen the spuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurs

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarching

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

:puke:

I think it's great when we do it. It's sure better than just shouting it out within 5 seconds.

I think the hatred of spurs come from the fact that a lot of spurs fans think they are better than they are Joey55. I know a lot of spurs fans who consistently try to impress upon me how their players are so much greater than ours and everyone else's. For example many say that if it weren't for his injuries King would be the best centre back in the world and they actually believe that. Another example is Huddlestone should be in the England team as well as Dawson, Defoe and Lennon with all other English players in that position not as good. Generally, in my experience Spurs fans think their team is going to title challenge at the start of every season, their fans as of right outsing others and that they play perfect passing football at all times to a standard of Arsenal.

Who was it that said Ledley King is the best defender of a generation? :crylaugh:

To be honest, I don't hate Spurs that much. Their fans are annoying, yes and they're a rival ofours at the moment. But my actual hatred is twards than bloke in charge of them.

I met a Spurs fan a couple of months ago. He said he supported spurs and asked who i support, i said Villa. He said "im sorry about that" i said "why"? He said "because your always midtable and never win anything". Then i spat my drink out. After giving him a brief history lesson which involved telling him Spurs were not the first team (or the second) to win the double, he decided to tell me, but we play the Spurs way, so i just told him to **** off.

Not all Spurs fans are like this, but there is a high percentage. I think Villa fans in general are a pessimistic bunch, and underrate our own players, unless deluded fans like Spurs and Newcastle question our team and history, then we do come out fighting.

No, Everton and Spurs are the most equal. We've won the European Cup. Yes we 'go on about it' but the fact is only 3 other English clubs have done that and until either of Everton or Spurs do it then they wont be equal to us.

Yes we won most of our trophies a long way back. But even still, our biggest achievement has come 2 decades more recently than Spurs' greatest achievement. So not only have we got the trophies, we've got the recent history too. It must really annoy them :lol:

I meant in terms of teams at present and over the last few seasons.

Someone remind me how many times have spurs actually finished above us in the prem?

I have 2 mates who are Villa fnas. Both are greats blokes, but it's got nothing to do with what football team they support. Let's be honest, all this thread really demonstrates as that Villa fans are just as culpbable for things you all claim to dislike Spurs fans for. The exact same things you accusse our fan base of, that you do yourselves there are also done by loads of other clubs fans. If you lived further north, you'd be sick of hearing Man City and Newcastle fasn talk about how good they are etc.

Â